JP...cough...Losman

otisly00

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Fairchild, please meet the bus wheels:

“The main thing is I feel very, very comfortable with Turk and [quarterbacks coach] Alex [Van Pelt]. I like going to work with those guys each and every day. We’ve agreed in the past over many things. They just weren’t in a position to make those things come true. Even though the situation has changed, I’m still working with those guys, and that makes coming to work that much easier.”

Losman said he loves what Schonert is doing with the offense.

“Turk has always shown signs that when the game is going on, he’s always thinking what I was thinking when I was in there. I was like, ‘Yeah, why don’t we do this. I think we should do that.’He was always on that same page in game situations. So I do expect him to be that way now. . . . I think he’s very, very confident and he knows exactly what he wants to get accomplished.”

And this is not the first time he called him out in public (right or wrong). I will always think that doing so placed him in the doghouse with Jauron, but who really knows?

Definitely an impetuous act, but in the end, Losman sees Fairchild as costing him a few million dollars, so I understand the animosity.

Definitely an impetuous act, but in the end, Losman sees Fairchild as costing him a few million dollars, so I understand the animosity.

I agree. I think this time will not matter even almost as much as the last time at the news conference.

Do you remember when Bledsoe called out the Bills coaching staff? He ridiculed them for running a "smashmouth" offense with no rushing touchdowns. He too was correct, but it didn't make him any friends with TD or MM.

I agree. I think this time will not matter even almost as much as the last time at the news conference.

Do you remember when Bledsoe called out the Bills coaching staff? He ridiculed them for running a "smashmouth" offense with no rushing touchdowns. He too was correct, but it didn't make him any friends with TD or MM.

Losman's reference to his agent were very telling. All he has to do is be prepared for every game, invariably come in at some point in the season and start fresh next year (elsewhere?).

Losman's reference to his agent were very telling. All he has to do is be prepared for every game, invariably come in at some point in the season and start fresh next year (elsewhere?).

He will only stay in Buffalo if Trent is badly injured, AND he has a great year filling in. Even at that I would have my doubts.

Still, it is pretty good to have a motivated backup qb who is playing for his next contract.

He seems to be getting some good advice from people. Particularly telling was his comment that, to paraphrase, a single season does not a career make. He has to look beyond this year.

I wish him well when he's gone, but I can't say I'm looking forward to the weekly "Hey, I told you Losman sucks" threads every time something goes wrong in a game. Because, y'know, Losman is the only reason we haven't made the playoffs for all these years. And he'll bring that same incredible ability to his next home.

I wish him well when he's gone, but I can't say I'm looking forward to the weekly "Hey, I told you Losman sucks" threads every time something goes wrong in a game. Because, y'know, Losman is the only reason we haven't made the playoffs for all these years. And he'll bring that same incredible ability to his next home.

If that's the case, hopefully New England. :unsure:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/418919.html

I'm personally a TE 'football' guy, but it's nice to see a professional (JP) act like one. If there were one guy that could be holding out right now it's him.

A guy who refused to talk to the media throughout training camp is acting "professionally"? Really? Seems pretty childish to me. :unsure::(

I wish him well when he's gone, but I can't say I'm looking forward to the weekly "Hey, I told you Losman sucks" threads every time something goes wrong in a game. Because, y'know, Losman is the only reason we haven't made the playoffs for all these years.

You won't hear this from me. He was not so much help mind you, but he not the primary reason this team was losing.

He will only stay in Buffalo if Trent is badly injured, AND he has a great year filling in. Even at that I would have my doubts.

Still, it is pretty good to have a motivated backup qb who is playing for his next contract.

and I could win the lottery too. Have agreat year? Why start now? If JP is capable of better, then why have we not seen it yet? I saw the JP I know in the Steelers game, when pumped instead of throwing to an open Felton Huggins over the middle, and wound up sacked.

That's not the OC, that's JP's head, and that's what keeps him from being great.

PTR

and I could win the lottery too. Have agreat year? Why start now? If JP is capable of better, then why have we not seen it yet? I saw the JP I know in the Steelers game, when pumped instead of throwing to an open Felton Huggins over the middle, and wound up sacked.

That's not the OC, that's JP's head, and that's what keeps him from being great.

PTR

Promo, I was only stating a scenario. I support Trent as the starter, and I have for a very long time.

PTR

Woa, slow down there. We never saw the end zone replay of that play, so you have no idea whether Felton was open before or after Losman got hit. Tasker correctly said that if Losman threw the ball sooner, the receiver was at that spot, but the ball would have had to have been thrown before Felton made the break. Looked like Losman didn't have confidence that Felton makes the turn. It would be an interesting mental exercise to see if Losman hesitates if it's Evans, Reed or Parrish running that route.

A guy who refused to talk to the media throughout training camp is acting "professionally"? Really? Seems pretty childish to me. :unsure::(

Hahaha get over yourself. What's he going to say? We've seen QB controversies here in the past where both QBs spoke their mind. It doesn't help anything. JP wasn't thrilled with being the backup, but why step on Trent's toes? What does that accomplish? Keeping quiet, going about his business, and allowing Trent to be the face and voice of the offense is MORE PROFESSIONAL than giving some b.s. interview where he basically lies and says he's thrilled to be a Buffalo Bills backup. It's not written in his contract to appease you with an interview.

Hahaha get over yourself. What's he going to say? We've seen QB controversies here in the past where both QBs spoke their mind. It doesn't help anything. JP wasn't thrilled with being the backup, but why step on Trent's toes? What does that accomplish? Keeping quiet, going about his business, and allowing Trent to be the face and voice of the offense is MORE PROFESSIONAL than giving some b.s. interview where he basically lies and says he's thrilled to be a Buffalo Bills backup. It's not written in his contract to appease you with an interview.

Get over yourself? Excellent response, giving further credence to the reason why I rarely post here anymore.

I didn't say he had to speak his mind. If he can't differentiate between what he should and shouldn't say, he is even less of a professional than what I believe.

I didn't say he had to speak his mind. If he can't differentiate between what he should and shouldn't say, he is even less of a professional than what I believe.

So why do you care, if you know any interview he gives will essentially be company line quotes? That makes somebody professional???

Losman never once dodged the media after a poor performance. He stood there after some of his worst games, and answered difficult questions until the reporters didn't have any more to ask. Now he's not the starter.

But here, since you seem to have missed his compelling statements, here's the vault of the missing JP Losman summer '08 interviews:

"I'm preparing as if I'll be the starter."

"You're only one play away in this league."

"Trent and I are close and I hope he does well."

"I have to accept the coach's decision and try to improve."

Feel better?

Promo, I was only stating a scenario. I support Trent as the starter, and I have for a very long time.

My bad. You're right.

Woa, slow down there. We never saw the end zone replay of that play, so you have no idea whether Felton was open before or after Losman got hit. Tasker correctly said that if Losman threw the ball sooner, the receiver was at that spot, but the ball would have had to have been thrown before Felton made the break. Looked like Losman didn't have confidence that Felton makes the turn. It would be an interesting mental exercise to see if Losman hesitates if it's Evans, Reed or Parrish running that route.

I replayed that play over and over because I wanted to be sure. There was no end-zone shot but Huggins and JP were in the TV frame at the same time. Huggins was facing JP when JP pump-faked. Now there was a Steeler rusher closing in on him. I can't say if that rusher was close enough to block the pass if JP had thrown it. I say he could have made it. I don't think JP comprehends the field fast enough to make a split-second decision like that.

PTR

Get over yourself? Excellent response, giving further credence to the reason why I rarely post here anymore.

So being a "professional" is always lying, always saying things you don't believe, and always sucking up and playing nice to people who berated you on a daily basis last year, and now are asking questions like, "How do you feel being demoted?", "What's it like to go from starter to back-up?", "Are you requesting a trade?", "Do you want out of Buffalo as soon as you can?", "Do you feel the coaches screwed you over?"