McGahee...

otisly00

Once he made it back, he put it on cruise control. I think he believed reuniting with his Miami cohorts in Baltimore would be one big party -- and was stunned to learn they actually want to win.

This made me laugh, because it's so dead on the money. You just know he figured that he would tear up Baltimore with his boys from The U, but instead was blindsided by the fact that Reed and Lewis work as hard as anyone in the game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me laugh, because it's so dead on the money. You just know he figured that he would tear up Baltimore with his boys from The U, but instead was blindsided by the fact that Reed and Lewis work as hard as anyone in the game.

I'm glad you see this too, because it's so freaking obvious to me and I've never heard anyone in the media mention it.

Oh, and you know that how? Ever think his knee gives him allot of trouble?

How do you know whats in a mans heart? Maybe going to the Ravens and watching his team fall apart has broken his spirit, especially after his shaky departure with the Bills.

Wah wah wah, why don't you go walk with him, hold hands, and cheer him up!

I think you are missing the point. McGahee has the physical tools, even after the knee wreck. What he doesn't seem to possess is heart, desire, and dedication to perform consistently.

Mcgahee had the potential to be a top 5 back for years. Teaming him with Henry would have made the Bills incredibly dangerous and really its a shame that Mcgahee and Henry didnt have the heart to work individually or together maybe history in Buffalo would be a little different

Guest dog14787
Wah wah wah, why don't you go walk with him, hold hands, and cheer him up!

Nawwww, thats alright, he's walking on his own two feet and doing fine, not that I wouldn't give a fella a helping hand if need be. :lol:

When Ed Reed was a rookie, he made sure he watched a ton of game film with Ray Lewis, who kind of served as the mentor. They're very diligent workers. Ray Lewis gets an earned rap but he really is a big-time leader of the Ravens franchise and has been for many years.

Guest dog14787
Look, you said it yourself:

Call it what you want (heart, desire, spirit, dedication, intestinal fortitude, etc ..), but it essentially means the same thing.

He lacks the intrinsic motivation to move to the next level and stay there.

And that makes it a mental issue. Because he is the only person that can convince himself to dedicate himself.

I hear what your saying , I just don't know how much his knee can handle and until you walk a mile in another mans shoes, you just don't know , thats all I'm saying. What If he lived every day with pain, pain on the practice field, pain on the football field, but he loves football, its what he was meant to do.

Pure speculation of course, but thats my point, we just don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
just read an article about the ravens game that said McGayhee "dressed but was held out"

is he injured? or are they just sick of his sh-- already?

He is still recovering from off season knee surgery. He dressed, but the coach made the call to hold him out another week.

Mcgahee had the potential to be a top 5 back for years. Teaming him with Henry would have made the Bills incredibly dangerous and really its a shame that Mcgahee and Henry didnt have the heart to work individually or together maybe history in Buffalo would be a little different

It's ashame that Henry couldn't get his act together, and McGahee turned out to be a complete douchebag. Glad we got Lynch & Jackson now.