Damn, Favre looks pretty good!

Lv-Bills

I couldn't believe how many here were dismissing the Jets acquisition of Favre. Making that one move put them in what will no doubt be a very crowded playoff chase at the end of the season. I felt that they had no shot before getting Favre, but with him and that easy schedule which all of the AFC East gets to play, the Jets are going to be a tough team to deal with this season.

I agree.

Favre put up over 4000yds, 28TDs & 15ints with a QBR of 95.7 last season......leading the Packers to 13 wins.

He may be old but he is still miles ahead of the rest of the Jets QB options.

I'm more concerned about the Dolphins than the Jets. Favre may have looked good, but I'm listening to the Miami-Jax game & they are raving about the 2 Chads. They are loving Henne on the Miami broadcast. A year from now, the Jets won't have a QB, but Miami will.

I'm more concerned about the Dolphins than the Jets. Favre may have looked good, but I'm listening to the Miami-Jax game & they are raving about the 2 Chads. They are loving Henne on the Miami broadcast. A year from now, the Jets won't have a QB, but Miami will.

John Beck looked great last pre-season as well.

:thumbsup: Jets interview Joe Namath during game...after interviewing him last week, but nobody could hear him...this weak....can't hear him either. Great job by the technical staff! :unsure:

Shhhoooozzzzy I want to keeesshh you.

Even if it doesn't pan out for them they are taking the smart road. Favre is just a one year stop gap and if he plays really well this year they will be held hostage by his retiring unretiring schtick.

I scoff at Brett Farve and the Jets. They will suck when it counts this year(beating up on 49ers and fish doesn't count). No mitigation here. I am either going to be 100% wrong or 100% right. And I say he will be out by the 12th game of the season, the Jets will only win about 6-7 games and we will sweep them again. Unless we beat ourselves/crazy last-minute ST play, but that will have nothing to do with Favre.

However, our division plays a considerably weak schedule this year. That, and the fact that their other off-season acquisitions will show up in some small ways, will serve to deceive a lot of people.

Therefore, I am sure we will see a lot of "I told you so" posts regarding the Jets and Brett Favre early on in the season...say, after their first game of the season against the fish. But again, I refer you back to the INT record Favre is about to break, and the reality that is the Jet's lack of ability to stop us(and therefore so many others last year) on so many fronts. Favre isn't going to help them stop the run, cover our receivers, or make the blocks necessary for the running game.

So, let's remember my view is based on the season, not after the first game of the season.

I couldn't believe how many here were dismissing the Jets acquisition of Favre. Making that one move put them in what will no doubt be a very crowded playoff chase at the end of the season.

Which is different from any other season how??? After 12 games, if your team is 6-6, you're sitting there with about 10 other teams who are in the 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 range, who all still feel at that point that they can make the playoffs. I won't be any different this year. The Jets may or may not be in that mix.

Either way, signing Favre is already a success for the Jets, namely because Chad Pennington will not be their starting QB this year, or any of the next 2 or 3 years that he had left on their contract. He's a smart, capable player, and he can win that grind 'em out 16-13 game....But he is noticeably deficient when the Jets would play a team that had a good QB, that was going to require 24+ points to win. If they were ever down, he wasn't going to throw them back into the game. But Chad could even sneak out 10 wins and get his team to the playoffs, but you NEVER got the feeling that the Jets were championship caliber. Even if Favre only plays this year, or two years, it gives Kellen Clemens a chance to learn from one of the best, and buys them a draft or two to look for their next guy.

Also, it was a bonus not only getting rid of the Pennington situation, but the Jets are relevant again. They have some major buzz as they prepare to move into a new stadium (complete with seat licenses in the thousands of $$$) and they needed to make a splash, seeing as they are a distant 4th-place right now in the NY market, compared to their Super Bowl champ big brother NYG, the NYY, and the NYM (all of whom are moving to new stadiums and will compete for that seat license money.) The Jets have made the major move of the offseason, sold a bunch of #4 jerseys, and made themselves relevant again.

And it worked out for the Dolphins too, who got a savvy veteran QB with extensive starting experience, which gives them a chance to develop Chad Henne while not having to watch Josh McCown.

The Bills have a playoff-caliber team, IMO. That doesn't mean they will make the playoffs. But either way, its not supposed to be easy. I would've loved four cakewalk games in the division, but you can't expect that a 1-15 team and a 4-12 team aren't going to do everything they can to improve their rosters. And let's be real....Those of us who were chalking up four easy wins BEFORE these teams made their moves are crazy, seeing as the Bills could've EASILY lost 3 of the 4 games to the Jets and Fins last year.

The Bills have a playoff-caliber team, IMO. That doesn't mean they will make the playoffs. But either way, its not supposed to be easy. I would've loved four cakewalk games in the division, but you can't expect that a 1-15 team and a 4-12 team aren't going to do everything they can to improve their rosters. And let's be real....Those of us who were chalking up four easy wins BEFORE these teams made their moves are crazy, seeing as the Bills could've EASILY lost 3 of the 4 games to the Jets and Fins last year.

Hey, brother, why must you throw the cold water of reasoned reality on my pre-season enthusiasm? :unsure:

I'm pretty PO'd that the Jets and Miami are better teams now than they were 3 weeks ago. Even though we disrespect Pennington, I would have much rather seen a rookie or Beck starting for them. At least Chad P. has been around and can move an offense with short and mid range stuff. If Favre stays healthy he could make the Jets go from a 7-9 team to a 10-6 team. The whole thing Blows for Buffalo. I just hope Favre turns into that out of control QB he sometimes can be and throws a ton of picks.

I'll go ahead & admit that I'm somewhat concerned about this team. For one thing I don't buy the idea that Favre's supporting cast (at least offensively) was much better in GB because a year ago everyone thought Driver/Jennings vs. Coles/Cotchery was a wash at best; and now suddenly the former duo is perceived as vastly superior because Jennings reached the endzone a lot last year and the latter has never had much of a QB or an OL.

I still have some doubts about how likely Favre is to play like last year as opposed to the previous few years. Plus I need to see their defense actually stop the run for once in my lifetime - I don't know how much Golston & Pace are going to help in that department; but if Jenkins returns to old form (like we all hope/expect Stroud to) they could be tough to deal with.

As LLRalph pointed out though, we're either going to be good enough to make the playoffs or not - it's unlikely that the Jets will be the one roadblock that stops us when we otherwise would've been good enough to get in.

I'm pretty PO'd that the Jets and Miami are better teams now than they were 3 weeks ago. Even though we disrespect Pennington, I would have much rather seen a rookie or Beck starting for them. At least Chad P. has been around and can move an offense with short and mid range stuff. If Favre stays healthy he could make the Jets go from a 7-9 team to a 10-6 team. The whole thing Blows for Buffalo. I just hope Favre turns into that out of control QB he sometimes can be and throws a ton of picks.

In a system he is not entirely familiar with and with players with whom he is not entirely familiar, I'm sure he will give our DBs plenty of opportunity to pad their INT numbers.

Not to mention, it will take more than just a QB to turn the Jests around. They have many other places with subpar talent (primarily the defense) Favre will be playing a lot of catch-up, which only results in desperate and dangerous throws from #4. He will definitely throw more INTs than TDs this season and the Jests will finish 6-10 at best.

Having Brett Favre still doesn't change the fact that they have ZERO run defense, and they are thin at corner. Their defense will be the huge downfall.

pfft. Stop talking facts, and know better. The majority of fan overreaction is "Wow the jets got a qb, they'll now go from a 4 win talentless team to somehow winning 10-11 games". Nevermind the fact that once again. Dbrickshaw ferguson has pretty much been a bust. That Faneca can't pass block. That Damien Woody hasn't been a reliable olinemen since he played for NE. That Kris Jenkins, a lot like DeWayne Robertson, is not, and probably never will be a 3-4 nt. Their secondary is weak. Or that Gholston may seriously be in the wrong system as well, and may have been better off as a 4-3 end. Nope none of it matters. So they looked like a sieve giving up 90 rushing yards on 8 attempts to Rock Cartwright, or getting gashed by a 4th stringers, with Portis not playing. Nope they got Brett Favre. Also shh on the fact that before the packers loaded up on their team Favre had 2 of the worst years of his career in 05-06, on teams that have comparable talent to the jets. Nope It's The magical Brett Favre, who just wills his teams to victories. :unsure:

I agree.

Favre put up over 4000yds, 28TDs & 15ints with a QBR of 95.7 last season......leading the Packers to 13 wins.

He may be old but he is still miles ahead of the rest of the Jets QB options.

Ok, but the Jets have no #85 (Greg Jennings)