The more I hear Steve Tasker talking

MikeInABQ

Dude shoulda just retired and gone away. He sucks. The second I heard it was him and Bentley calling the game, I knew I was gonna hear more mis-pronounced names, a bunch of anti-Bills calls (like on McKelvin's TD when he immediately wanted to call a "flag" for clipping when there was none), and just plain bad reporting ("Toronto doesn't have a team, so there are plenty of potential Bills fans there".....um, Steve, Argonauts, look 'em up, stupid)...

I swear, I used to like this guy. His legacy was a great one. Now he's just a jerk.

Steve tasker is awfuly anti bills for a bills guy. It's odd. That other guy was even worse. Which I didn't think was possible. On the first defensive series he gave about 5 tackles to Digiorgio, when Digiorgio wasn't even on the screen. How do you confuse Marcus Stroud for John Digiorgio?

When I saw it was Tasker announcing I muted the TV and put on Murphy and Kelso. Even though the radio call was about 10 seconds late with the tv, the analysis from Kelso is about 100x better and Murphy actually knows who's on the field and who makes tackles.

Tasker is among the worst of an abysmally and almost unbelievably poor group of broadcasters the NFL leans on. A simple rule to keep in mind when listening to Tasker is that every single thing he says is almost exactly wrong and the complete opposite true.

Dude shoulda just retired and gone away. He sucks. The second I heard it was him and Bentley calling the game, I knew I was gonna hear more mis-pronounced names, a bunch of anti-Bills calls (like on McKelvin's TD when he immediately wanted to call a "flag" for clipping when there was none), and just plain bad reporting ("Toronto doesn't have a team, so there are plenty of potential Bills fans there".....um, Steve, Argonauts, look 'em up, stupid)...

I swear, I used to like this guy. His legacy was a great one. Now he's just a jerk.

Get a friggin grip. I watched the entire game and I have no complaints. He lauded when he should have and criticized when he should have. Take your whine festival somewhere else, you want a homer, not objectivity.

Get a friggin grip. I watched the entire game and I have no complaints. He lauded when he should have and criticized when he should have. Take your whine festival somewhere else, you want a homer, not objectivity.

Agreed. I wish football was like hockey and you were able to have hometown TV announcers. I would listen to Bentley and Tasker all day long. I thought they did a great job.

Agreed. I wish football was like hockey and you were able to have hometown TV announcers. I would listen to Bentley and Tasker all day long. I thought they did a great job.

I think Bentley has improved greatly. Last night was for me a pleasant listening experience.

My problem was that there was no continuity. Bentley has a great voice for play by play, but is not great at "calling the action". Tasker, who is supposed to be the color guy, talked way too much.

Tasker has grated on me a few times in the past when he has over-compensated and been overly critical of the Bills in front of a national audience to seem unbiased . I didn't get any of that last night and thought the broadcast team was suprisingly decent. Sure they made some mistakes, but that's what I expect. They made fewer factual errors than a typical NFL broadcast, I thought. I usually catch 3-4 per game' Incorrect rule interpretations or missing pertinent info (the tip or the "pass interference" against the Redskins) are what drive me nuts. I don't expect any announcers always to catch the jersy number or pronounce the name right. That's part of why I bought a big TV w a DVR and bring a roster to every game.

I would like to see a list of preseason games where you said, "Man, this game is pretty average, but these announcers are making it GREAT!!!"

Can't think of any? Me neither.

So why let them ruin it for you??? I realize its en vogue to complain about [insert announcer here] and say they suck. But it seems that most of the complaints are from those who hang on their every word. If it's that unbearable, turn down the sound, crank some tunes, crack a beer, and enjoy the game!

I must be the only one on board who doesn't concur. From the Bills games I've watched him call, he didn't do that badly.

No you're not. It's just the board miscreants complaining about everyone that didn't clearly see the Bills as now being 2-1 odds for winning the Super Bowl.

I would like to see a list of preseason games where you said, "Man, this game is pretty average, but these announcers are making it GREAT!!!"

Can't think of any? Me neither.

So why let them ruin it for you??? I realize its en vogue to complain about [insert announcer here] and say they suck. But it seems that most of the complaints are from those who hang on their every word. If it's that unbearable, turn down the sound, crank some tunes, crack a beer, and enjoy the game!

There are very few announcers that actually add anything to the game.

There are very few announcers that actually add anything to the game.

Exactly. I'm watching the game for the game. The announcers are just "there" as far as I'm concerned, and I don't notice if they are good or bad (the one exception is the Patrick/Maguire/Theismann 3-hour blowjob of Bruschi when he returned from the stroke a few years ago...That was unbearable.)

I actually love listening to Tasker for games. They may not get the names right, but he sure gives some good strategic analysis that you wouldn't hear from a broadcasting major that memorizes the roster. I know who is on the field and making plays, I don't need an announcer to tell me names. What I do like, is him giving points, opinions, and analysis from a coaching/player perspective that I would not understand or think about.