Phelps is great

The Big Cat

You started this thread because you're one of those "I desperately need to be smart in a contrarian manner" without any fact to back it up other than "I swam competitively" - as if that holds any merit.

Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH! You're right! Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Oh wonderful and wise Alaska Darin, how wonderfully fortunate we are to have you! Without your cunning insight we lowly Buffalo Bills fans would wander aimlessly through this scary place called the internet!

ALL HAIL THE MESSIAH TROLL!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's have a TBD swim off. From all the bickering and bravado in this thread it would probably resemble the South Park cripple fight, though. Dude is amazing. He swims in alot of events, some times with little time in between and he wins them ALL- 'nuff said.

Let's have a TBD swim off. From all the bickering and bravado in this thread it would probably resemble the South Park cripple fight, though. Dude is amazing. He swims in alot of events, some times with little time in between and he wins them ALL- 'nuff said.

We can all swim off the transom of macdaddy's new boat. :ph34r:

Here's a column a guy wrote about whom he thinks is the greatest Olympian. I hope it is tongue-in-cheek.

In regards to the TBD "swim off" - a post which does not appear when I click through the thread, may be PhilBills blocked me?- I would also like to add to my list of aquatic accomplishments that I finished 3rd in the under 10 division of the 1994 Canal Fest Intertube Race in North Tonawanda.

In regards to the TBD "swim off" - a post which does not appear when I click through the thread, may be PhilBills blocked me?- I would also like to add to my list of aquatic accomplishments that I finished 3rd in the under 10 division of the 1994 Canal Fest Intertube Race in North Tonawanda.

Not sure what you are talking about. No blockage here. Maybe you blocked me. Oh yeah, I got 3rd place in the city meet in 50m breast stroke when I was 16. Watch out Phelps! :ph34r:

Really? Pablo Moralez, another USA Gold Medal Olympic Champion and the head coach of an NCAA Division I Swimming Program says you're full of sh--. Guess which one of you I give credibility to?

Dude, STFU. You're flat out wrong. And I'd venture it's an even bet on whether you swam a single lap "competitively".

C'mon AD. I believe he's swam competitively. He probably holds the WR in the "big cat's backyard pool swim-off." I'm betting he got the gold in the "go to the other side of the pool and back," and the "go to the other side and back twice" events. I'm sure he cleaned up on his cousin who got the silver wth the dog getting the bronze.

Dude who came in 2nd screwed up? Looked like he 'glided' too long.

In all the previous close races this past week, I've noticed that the swimmer who glides in rather than taking a last stroke has won, because the last stroke swimmer's hands don't get to the wall fast enough. When Phelps took that half-stroke I said to my wife "he lost it right there." But it worked! :worthy:

And how stupid are Phelps' competitors, giving him ammo? First it was the French, then it was Cavic.

Dude who came in 2nd screwed up? Looked like he 'glided' too long.

Actually, it looks like Cavic finished correctly. I've been yelled at by my coaches for losing races by finishing the way Phelps finished with the extra half stroke. Phelps is just too damn fast.

In all the previous close races, I've noticed that the swimmer who glides in rather than taking a last stroke has won, because the last stroke swimmer's hands don't get there fast enough. When Phelps took that half-stroke I said to my wife "he lost it right there." But it worked! :worthy:

And how stupid are Phelps' competitors, giving him ammo? First it was the French, then it was Cavic.

Unfreakin believable. I still don't see how he got the touch, but he did. 7 for 7.