Braylon Edwards and the Cut from Hell.

Link to Browns' website.

Since Braylon cut his foot on Donte Stallworth's cleat, Browns fans have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Or, considering the recent injury history of this franchise, waiting for the other staph infection to develop.

BTW, Romeo was asked in his post-practice press conference yesterday about Braylon Edwards. Here's part of the text from today's Akron Beacon Journal:

Crennel said receiver Braylon Edwards, who needed stitches and spent the night in the Cleveland Clinic after teammate Donte' Stallworth stepped on his right heel Saturday with his cleats, was resting at home. Crennel did not seem overly angry that Edwards was jogging at the end of practice in his socks.

''Kids are kids. They take their shoes off and run around all the time,'' Crennel said. ''Maybe his feet were hurting that day. We'll educate them a little bit more about keeping their shoes on until they get inside. Things like this, we don't want them to happen, we don't like them to happen, but they happen. What can you do about it? You educate them.''

:lol: Kids are kids. He's calling Braylon Edwards a kid. How funny.

But, if you read some of the comments section on cleveland.com, you'd think that this was a torn ACL or something. People in this town can be so whiny sometimes.

They were worried about him getting a staph infection. They wanted it closely monitored.

Good. I have him on my fantasy team. Of course, I would be happy if he didn't make the trip to Orchard Park for what promises to be one of the best Monday Night games of the season.

Link to Browns' website.

Since Braylon cut his foot on Donte Stallworth's cleat, Browns fans have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Or, considering the recent injury history of this franchise, waiting for the other staph infection to develop.

I'll be honest - that's the first thing I thought of when I heard about Edwards' injury. Wonder if the overnight stay was to administer some IV antibiotics as a preventive measure?

I'll be honest - that's the first thing I thought of when I heard about Edwards' injury. Wonder if the overnight stay was to administer some IV antibiotics as a preventive measure?

They've had a few problems with Browns' players getting staph infections, so I'm sure they were overly cautious.

LINK

Jurevicius is the fifth known Browns player to suffer a staph infection since June 2005 and the sixth in the past four years. The others are center LeCharles Bentley, tight end Kellen Winslow, receiver Braylon Edwards and two former Browns -- safety Brian Russell and linebacker Ben Taylor.

They've had a few problems with Browns' players getting staph infections, so I'm sure they were overly cautious.

LINK

Jurevicius is the fifth known Browns player to suffer a staph infection since June 2005 and the sixth in the past four years. The others are center LeCharles Bentley, tight end Kellen Winslow, receiver Braylon Edwards and two former Browns -- safety Brian Russell and linebacker Ben Taylor.

Yup, and it's not just the Browns. A couple of the Cavs, and even a former college player from the area (Mike Gansey, who played at St. Bonaventure before ending up at WVU) have recently dealt with MRSA.

And because Edwards has already had one bout with it, I can see them being ultra-careful with any open wound. From a 2007 ESPN story:

Five different Browns have been stricken, including Brian Russell, who got two separate staph infections last season. In 2005, Cleveland wide receiver Braylon Edwards became concerned when a small bump on his elbow began to swell mysteriously.

"The Saturday before we were to play the Bears, I came in and everyone was looking at my elbow during the walk-through, and they were like, 'Braylon, that doesn't look good,'" Edwards says. "Finally, the doctors, or the trainers, they took a look at it, and they said, 'You know this is pretty iffy. Let's take you to the hospital and see what the doc says about it.'"

Doctors told Edwards he had contracted MRSA.

"They told me what the worst-case scenario could be if it got out of control -- amputation," Edwards says. "And if you don't catch it in time, you could die from staph infection."

I don't know what it is with Cleveland and staph infections.

Former Brown Jerry Sherk, who was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1976 and a four-time Pro Bowler, had a staph infection from a leg injury in 1979 that nearly cost him his life.

Needless to say, Sherk never played after that.

I don't know what it is with Cleveland and staph infections.

Former Brown Jerry Sherk, who was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1976 and a four-time Pro Bowler, had a staph infection from a leg injury in 1979 that nearly cost him his life.

Needless to say, Sherk never played after that.

Supposedly WEWS broadcaster Gib Shanley's pneumonia was the result of a staph infection.