Anyone going to pick up Madden 09 at Midnight?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, and I did last year, me and my brother got there about 15 minutes before midnight figuring that it wouldn't crowded but it was absolutely mobbed.

Hey if you want to pick up Madden at midnight, good for you, I will pickup some hot chic.

I'll throw in a relavent response.

Yeah I'm going to get it at midnight as well. I went 2 years ago and did the same thing you did and I didn't get the game til nearly 1. They ran out of copies within 15 minutes for kids who didn't reserve it so I plan on being in the parking lot at around 11 tomorrow.

Got it last night and so far I hate the running game but everything else is pretty good. Also difficult to win individual battles as a D-lineman, we'll see if practice helps, but so far thumbs down for running the ball and getting sacks as a D-lineman.

I have Wii, and haven't played the franchise in 3 years as all I read is that it hasn't changed much, especially franchise mode. I was thinking of spending $10 and buying Madden 07, as all I'd miss is the latest players, however I spend most time in Franchise so doesn't make much of a difference. Thoughts?

I am, and I did last year, me and my brother got there about 15 minutes before midnight figuring that it wouldn't crowded but it was absolutely mobbed.

Oh yes...Madden...

I am sure they added all these cool new features on how you can add fans into the game while ignoring realism issues such as players accepting 5 million dollar signing bonuses when IRL they would be closer to 25 million, allowing you to pretty much sign every star player under the cap even after you cut people. Not to mention the old, muffed punt returned for a TD that has not occurred in an NFL game for probably like 15 or more years, if it ever has(not sure if you were ever able to return a muffed punt for a TD).

Then there is the issue of players running 3.5 40s in game or accelerating from 0-top speed in like 2 strides...

I gave up on Madden a long time ago because while its flashy eye candy, the overall realism is just not very good...

Oh yes...Madden...

I am sure they added all these cool new features on how you can add fans into the game while ignoring realism issues such as players accepting 5 million dollar signing bonuses when IRL they would be closer to 25 million, allowing you to pretty much sign every star player under the cap even after you cut people. Not to mention the old, muffed punt returned for a TD that has not occurred in an NFL game for probably like 15 or more years, if it ever has(not sure if you were ever able to return a muffed punt for a TD).

Then there is the issue of players running 3.5 40s in game or accelerating from 0-top speed in like 2 strides...

I gave up on Madden a long time ago because while its flashy eye candy, the overall realism is just not very good...

All true, but what choice has the exclusivity contract left us?

I have Wii, and haven't played the franchise in 3 years as all I read is that it hasn't changed much, especially franchise mode. I was thinking of spending $10 and buying Madden 07, as all I'd miss is the latest players, however I spend most time in Franchise so doesn't make much of a difference. Thoughts?

"Word on the street" is that the new Madden for Wii is a major improvement that makes great use of the platform's capabilities. I pre-ordered mine and it will arrive tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like it.