Who is your surprise cut this season?

lilannie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the top candidates for "surprise" cut are : Royal, Keith Ellison, Kirk Chambers (only because he has practiced with the first team, to me he doesn't look like an NFL player worthy of being out there) and maybe Reed (even though I do think he brings something to the table).

I'm hoping Reed. The day Reed gets cut is the day it means this team is finally moveing forward talent wise. I have nothing against Reed, I just think he adds zero value to this football team.

So, I guess I'll say Reed.

Reed proven himself worthy of a (backup) WR role last year. I think he's a good choice for suprise cut, but not because of his talent, IMO. If he gets cut, it's because he couldn't really return after his back surgery.

My other choices for suprise cut:

D. Wright

K. Chambers

Darien Barnes (going instead w no FB)

Youboty (unlike what I've read, I was still unimpressed w him last night)

Will James

Donnie Spragan

There's no way in hell Parrish gets cut. He's easily the second most explosive WR on this team. The fact that Josh Reed is even on this team speaks bad things about our mediocre WR corps. If JJ Hardy can win the outside WR job opposite Lee Evans and they can get Parrish in the slot where he belongs, AND LEAVE HIM THERE, the Bills will be on their way to improving.

Parrish is one of the few threats we actually have to make big plays. Josh Reed is a possession WR who gets you practically nothing in terms of any kind of threat anywhere on the field.

I'm praying our WR's shape up like this before midseason.....

#1 Evans

#2 Hardy

Slot Parrish

And then, take your pick.

GMTA. Roscoe is explosive on teams and I don't he gets cut for that reason alone.

Wow.

IMO, Reed doesn't belong on an NFL roster. For a possession receiver, he sorely lacks in productivity.

Productivity is something all of our WR's have been lacking!

McCargo is my surprise cut. Why you ask? Just want to fuffle some feathers on TBD. He's been less than average his whole career so far and didn't show anything last night either. But truthfully I don't think we will see surprise cut this year. I don't think the coaches have the kahonnies. (SP?)

Productivity is something all of our WR's have been lacking!

McCargo is my surprise cut. Why you ask? Just want to fuffle some feathers on TBD. He's been less than average his whole career so far and didn't show anything last night either. But truthfully I don't think we will see surprise cut this year. I don't think the coaches have the kahonnies. (SP?)

2 years = whole career? he made big strides last year; our DL isnt exactly our strong suit - and that includes Kyle Williams. I also cant believe this Roscoe talk either....he is the only player on our team that can make a big play out of nothing with the ball in his hands. He will never be a # 1 receiver, but man, cutting him is just ridiculous.

i went to the game last night; and granted we didnt look the best, but it was easy to see and feel that it def had the 'feel' of the 1st preseason game. neither team was too excited/jumping around on the sidelines. give the 'we suck, trent sucks' talk a rest. 2 series for our 1st teamers (both missing starters) doesnt exactly constitute much to me - and certaintly not enough to base an entire 17 week season on.

Fred Jackson is the real deal. Justin Jenkins showed some good quickness, and Wendling is a big hitter.

My Cut - Wright, Cox.

Huh??? So what did he do yesterday to make you think this??

It's not exactly what he did or didn't do. It's that we have so many young, promising CBs on this team, including what may be the emergence of Youboty. We already know what we have in James and he may even be past his prime. It may even come down to the team picking between Youboty and James.

Who is someone that unexpectedly won't make the team this season. Mine is Robert Royal with Josh Reed as a darkhorse pick.

There's absolutely no way the Bills are cutting Reed or Parrish. Why exactly would we be cutting them? We aren't exactly loaded at WR. Sam Aiken is already gone, and he was really the perennial camp stud to threaten to shake the starters up. Peerless Price is gone too. Behind our top 4, we've got absolutely nothing. If anything, Robert Royal seems like a possibility if that would truly be a surprise.

Bills WRs:

Lee Evans (Lock)

Josh Reed (Lock)

Roscoe Parrish (Lock)

James Hardy (Lock)

Here's what's behind them:

Justin Jenkins (Practice squad fodder last year, I'll say he makes the cut, otherwise to the PS)

Scott Mayle (destined for the PS)

Felton Huggins (Would be lucky to make the cut, but is the second largest WR we've got)

Steve Johnson (7th rounder, destined to get cut)

Jason Jones (Div II stud, undrafted, possibly to the PS)

C.J. Hawthorne (Helped make Colt Brennan a stud in Hawaii, but another undrafted FA, will not make squad)

Scott Mayle (More camp fodder, was on PS in 2007, will not make squad)

I mean. Yikes. Parrish and Reed aren't going anywhere.

There's absolutely no way the Bills are cutting Reed or Parrish. Why exactly would we be cutting them? We aren't exactly loaded at WR. Sam Aiken is already gone, and he was really the perennial camp stud to threaten to shake the starters up. Peerless Price is gone too. Behind our top 4, we've got absolutely nothing. If anything, Robert Royal seems like a possibility if that would truly be a surprise.

Bills WRs:

Lee Evans (Lock)

Josh Reed (Lock)

Roscoe Parrish (Lock)

James Hardy (Lock)

Here's what's behind them:

Justin Jenkins (Practice squad fodder last year, I'll say he makes the cut, otherwise to the PS)

Scott Mayle (destined for the PS)

Felton Huggins (Would be lucky to make the cut, but is the second largest WR we've got)

Steve Johnson (7th rounder, destined to get cut)

Jason Jones (Div II stud, undrafted, possibly to the PS)

C.J. Hawthorne (Helped make Colt Brennan a stud in Hawaii, but another undrafted FA, will not make squad)

Scott Mayle (More camp fodder, was on PS in 2007, will not make squad)

I mean. Yikes. Parrish and Reed aren't going anywhere.

i dont think he gets cut at all....they way they talk about him I wouldnt be surprised if Reed gets cuts to make room for Johnson...but I think we go with

Evans

Hardy

Parrish

Reed

Johnson

Jenkins(great ST gunner)

I think CB James get cut, Maybe Royal depending on how they like Anderson..If they dont like Anderson then he goes

Preston goes byebye also

And who takes his place? Christian Gaddis? Jason Whittle? Come on, Fowler gets ragged on a lot around here, but if you don't have anyone behind the guy, you can't cut him!

That's why it would be a surprise. Would Gaddis, Whittle, or Preston be much of a drop-off? I can't answer that question, but I do know Fowler is in the last year of his deal and the Bills don't seem eager to sign him to an extension and those other 3 make less money. Plus the only other starter/near-starter who has any chance of being cut would be Ko Simpson.