My Youboty prediction. He started tonight, sure, but...

I expect Youboty to be traded in the next two weeks. There's now a lot of current film on him and he looked good tonight. I assume that we will try to either get a draft pick, or, more likely, somebody's best reserve O lineman. Probably some third round guard or whatever.

Looks like that story out of Cleveland about trading him was dead on. Why else would he be "showcased" like that?

We are not in a position to trade corners who are playing well. That is not a sensible reaction to a THIRD YEAR player with alot of talent who seems to be playing well. Our corners for this season, in order of how shocked I will be if they don't make the team:

McGee

McKelvin

Corner

James

Youboty

Greer

Youboty and Greer are fighting for the same spot. I think Youboty will win it.

We are not in a position to trade corners who are playing well. That is not a sensible reaction to a THIRD YEAR player with alot of talent who seems to be playing well. Our corners for this season, in order of how shocked I will be if they don't make the team:

McGee

McKelvin

Corner

James

Youboty

Greer

:lol: Take me to your leader dealer.

McGee

McKelvin

Corner

James

Youboty

Greer

I don't see how that's possible. Greer is the other starter, and has looked good throughout camp, especially the ones I went to. Youboty is the odd man out, precisely because of your list, in order.

It's not his fault, but if it means we can get Cleveland's best, young, reserve tackle, well, I'd take it right now.

Personally I'm unimpressed by James so far, and I'm not real excited about pinning our secondary hopes on two rookies and a guy who has struggled to stay healthy for much of his carer (James.)

Unless they are 100% confident that McKelvin and Corner are going to play well right off the bat and that James will be healthy and productive, I wouldn't trade Youboty.

I think Youboty was pretty much worthless so far in his career except for occasional nice hits in run support. I admit however tonight he played well. I don't think he is being considered as the starter. Usually when a team makes a move like tonight of playing a guy early and often, it is when they have convinced themselves over time that he isn't a good player and they just want to be sure before making him an early cut. I don't think I could cut him from what I saw tonight, but he may have had his traditional 15 yard blown coverages as well.

Greer is just a good, smart, scrapy player. He will probably never be a ProBowler, but he probably also has a job in this league for the next 6-7 years.

AT least McKelvin wasn't a disaster at CB and had some jukes on the returns.

I expect Youboty to be traded in the next two weeks. There's now a lot of current film on him and he looked good tonight. I assume that we will try to either get a draft pick, or, more likely, somebody's best reserve O lineman. Probably some third round guard or whatever.

Looks like that story out of Cleveland about trading him was dead on. Why else would he be "showcased" like that?

I'm never in favor of trading good players. And it would seem Youboty played well enough tonight to think he could be coming around. However... you do pose an interesting scenario. Use a position in which we're fairly well stocked to trade and get a player at a position of need. Not really a bad idea. I guess it depends on the guy they were trading for as to how good of an idea it might be.

McGee

McKelvin

Corner

James

Youboty

Greer

Greer is not going anywhere, he was the best CB on the team last year.

McGee was also not playing last night.

Greer is not going anywhere, he was the best CB on the team last year.

That does not say much really. Listen, I think we can all agree that McGee, McKelvin, and Corner are not going to be cut. They brought James in to play the nickel spot, a position that Greer and Youboty cannot play. If Corner plays well enough to beat out James, then I think James will be cut. If McKelvin shows that he can handle a starting job, then Greer will be cut. If Youboty keeps playing the way he played last night, then Greer will be cut. All that being said, I could see it playing out with either James, Greer, or Youboty being waived, we just have a lot of players there. And now that I think about it more, if Youboty plays well enough to not be moved, then James will probably be the player that goes. They could just move McGee inside on nickel situations.

Watched a few minutes of a Cleveland local news station's sportscast last night. The first Browns' news was about the need for help in the secondary. The guy said the Browns would be looking to acquire someone soon.

Just piling on.

kj

OC, you are a great poster and a great guy. Sorry, but I must vehemently disagree.

Why would Jauron trade a defensive back, especially for a draft pick? Jauron uses his best draft picks ON defensive backs. It wouldn't make sense. If he keeps Youboty and he is a premier corner, Jauron will no doubt draft a safety in round 1 of 09 (assuming that he isn't fired).

Do you disagree?

Greer and McGee are the starters.

Corner is probably our best nickle back. He is the real deal. James also sees some action in there.

Then comes our 1st round pick McKelvin, who is currently our 5th corner. Pretty good when your current 1st round pick can't get on the field because there are 4 pretty good guys ahead of him that are playing well.

And then, Youboty. Yes, he is playing well, but our offensive linemen (back-ups) are beyond atrocious. I was at the game last night, and that was the difference between the two teams. Their lines were dominating ours, on both sides of the ball, and if we can trade a good corner, who will not crack the lineup with 5 good corners in front of him, for a lineman then we must do it. Youboty is playing well, and he looks like he could be pretty damn good, but at this point, keeping him is a luxery. We have good corners, and they are young.

OC, you are a great poster and a great guy. Sorry, but I must vehemently disagree.

Why would Jauron trade a defensive back, especially for a draft pick? Jauron uses his best draft picks ON defensive backs. It wouldn't make sense. If he keeps Youboty and he is a premier corner, Jauron will no doubt draft a safety in round 1 of 09 (assuming that he isn't fired).

Do you disagree?

I think I speak for many when I say that I like reading your posts and enjoy your insight, but the whole "Jauron only picks 1st round DB's / the way to win is to spend high draft picks on O-line crusade" is getting tiresome. We understand your position and many agree that the O-line (and D-line for that matter) of this franchise has been neglected for years. However, In the last year or two, both have been strengthened significantly and are finally NFL quality lines. Some better depth would be desirable, but you can't have it all. To continue to throw in the "Jauron will surely draft a DB in the first round" argument in about every thread that you possibly can just makes you sound like one of these "sky is falling" whiners that eat up the Jerry Sullivan / Mike Schoop BS. I think we all know you're better than that.