Bills sign CJ Hawthorne

Dan III

Jesus....

I am finally starting to undertand why my son (going to be a junior this year on varsity) wants to go both ways as a WR/DE as a senior....

at 6' and 205 pounds he just dwarfs this kid......who is coming OUT OF COLLEGE.

Now if he can just stop dropping passes.....:wallbash:

Better switch him over to DB :wallbash:

I would think this guy is brought in as camp fodder and has next to no chance of making the final roster. But, I was wondering, anyone have any idea how much someone like that makes for a few weeks or so of work? Just curious.

I would think this guy is brought in as camp fodder and has next to no chance of making the final roster. But, I was wondering, anyone have any idea how much someone like that makes for a few weeks or so of work? Just curious.

It seems hard to figure this out.

Searching google for the last 30 minutes it seems that there isn't one definitive answer.

An article I found from ROSS TUCKER regarding UDFA says :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ents/index.html

"Every undrafted free agent signs a contract for minimum salaries, so the only negotiation revolves around a signing bonus that ranges from zero to $25,000. I have always felt it is critical to sign with a team that will offer the best opportunity to make the team, not necessarily the team that will offer a couple thousand dollars more up front. The serious money comes from making a 53-man roster or even a practice squad. However, turning down more money can be easier said than done.

Though the difference between $5,000 and $10,000 may not seem like a lot given the current salary cap climate and huge dollars given to top draft choices, $5,000 is lot of money when you don't have any. For your typical college kid with $58.37 in a bank account and some credit card bills to pay, it is often difficult to see the big picture. Still, players and agents must weigh the bonus money vs. the potential opportunity that they deem available."

So, what is the minimum salary ? And, if you do not make the team do you just get paid a few weeks worth of that minimum ?

According to ASK THE COMMISH here are some #'s (mind you these are the #'s for 2007).

http://askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Minimum salaries have changed as follows:

Years 2007

0 $285,000

1 $360,000

2 $435,000

3 $510,000

4-6 $595,000

7-9 $720,000

10+ $820,000

It seems hard to figure this out.

Searching google for the last 30 minutes it seems that there isn't one definitive answer.

An article I found from ROSS TUCKER regarding UDFA says :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...ents/index.html

"Every undrafted free agent signs a contract for minimum salaries, so the only negotiation revolves around a signing bonus that ranges from zero to $25,000. I have always felt it is critical to sign with a team that will offer the best opportunity to make the team, not necessarily the team that will offer a couple thousand dollars more up front. The serious money comes from making a 53-man roster or even a practice squad. However, turning down more money can be easier said than done.

Though the difference between $5,000 and $10,000 may not seem like a lot given the current salary cap climate and huge dollars given to top draft choices, $5,000 is lot of money when you don't have any. For your typical college kid with $58.37 in a bank account and some credit card bills to pay, it is often difficult to see the big picture. Still, players and agents must weigh the bonus money vs. the potential opportunity that they deem available."

So, what is the minimum salary ? And, if you do not make the team do you just get paid a few weeks worth of that minimum ?

According to ASK THE COMMISH here are some #'s (mind you these are the #'s for 2007).

http://askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

Minimum salaries have changed as follows:

Years 2007

0 $285,000

1 $360,000

2 $435,000

3 $510,000

4-6 $595,000

7-9 $720,000

10+ $820,000

Interesting. I appreciate your work on this. I had looked a while back and found little with regards to the camp guys that come and go. Certainly, if he makes the team - even at league minimum - he's doing pretty good. And it appears that even getting the call to help out in camp isn't a bad deal either. Wish I had some skills like that. :cry:

From the CBA:

ARTICLE XXXVII

PRE-SEASON TRAINING CAMPS

Section 1. Definition: For purposes of this Article, a “rookie player” is defined as any player who has not completed one season in which a year of Credited Service under the Bert Bell or Pete Rozelle Plan has been earned, and a “veteran player” is defined as any player who has completed one or more seasons in which a year of Credited Service has been earned under such Plan(s).

Section 2. Room and Board: All players will receive room and board during the pre-season training camp, and housing between training camp and the Tuesday prior to their Club’s first regular season game for those players who have not as yet established residence in the Team city.

Section 3. Rookie Per Diem: A rookie player will receive “per diem” payments at the rate of $775 per week in the 2006 League Year, $800 per week in the 2007-08 League Years, $825 per week in the 2009-10 League Years and the 2011 League Year if it is an Uncapped Year, and $850 per week in the 2011 League Year if is a Capped Year and the 2012 League Year, commencing with the first day of preseason training camp and ending one week prior to the Club’s first regular season game.

Section 4. Veteran Per Diem: A veteran player will receive “per diem” payments at the rate of $1,100 per week in the 2006-07 League Years, $1,225 per week in the 2008-10 League Years and the 2011 League Year if it is an Uncapped Year, and $1,375 per week in the 2011 League Year if it is a Capped Year and the 2012 League Year, commencing with the first day of pre-season training camp and ending one week prior to the Club’s first regular season game, and an additional $200 per week during the pre-season, commencing with the Club’s first pre-season game (exclusive of the Canton Hall of Fame Game and any International Game) and ending one week prior to the Club’s first regular season game.