Favre to the Jets?

It may already be done - the Green Bay paper pulled a headline that went online titled "It's Over: Favre traded to the New York Jets"

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/p...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Now it's just about the talks - what do you think the Jets are giving up? And is there any way Favre lives through a season with the NY media, the AFC defenses, and worst of all, the Jets' offensive line?

It may already be done - the Green Bay paper pulled a headline that went online titled "It's Over: Favre traded to the New York Jets"

Now it's just about the talks - what do you think the Jets are giving up? And is there any way Favre lives through a season with the NY media, the AFC defenses, and worst of all, the Jets' offensive line?

If it happens, let me say, I have called it since day one! If it doesn't...never mind! :thumbsup:

I don't wanna take any chances!

How many times has he played at the Ralph? Three?

Sounds about right. In fact, the entire Packers team is now 0-5 at RWS, updating my preview for the 2006 game.

I'll take him twice a year, on a new team, in a new conference, where he isn't familiar with the offensive terminology, might try to overcompensate in order to resurrect his career, a coach that won't put up with his b.s, interceptions at crucial points in games, and a large media base that will be ready to jump on him for anything possible.

Now they are saying Brett may take the payoff, and stay retired, for the money and a cut of merchendise...

I hope that's sarcasm. It's not about the money, he has tons of it. He just wants to play and win. Makes him happy, makes him feel like a kid again. Football is all he knows, all he's ever done. It can't be easy to walk away.

I'm actually a little worried about the improved Jets O-line this year. Nick Mangold has been great so far, D'Brick is solid, and they brought in Faneca. I think that line is good enough to consider taking Thomas Jones as a second RB option in my fantasy league.

I'm actually a little worried about the improved Jets O-line this year. Nick Mangold has been great so far, D'Brick is solid, and they brought in Faneca. I think that line is good enough to consider taking Thomas Jones as a second RB option in my fantasy league.

I agree...I think the Jets have some talent...Favre will make them that much better. Their line will be better, and they have a good running back, and some talented WR's. I don't think they were a great team last year, and I didn't think they were a great team the year before, when the made the playoffs. But, I think Favres' prescence would make them closer to that team than what they had last year. They had a lot of injuries in key places, and I think the spygate thing was as much a distraction for them, during the regular season, as it was for the Pats. With Favre, I won't take the Jets lightly.

I hope that's sarcasm. It's not about the money, he has tons of it. He just wants to play and win. Makes him happy, makes him feel like a kid again. Football is all he knows, all he's ever done. It can't be easy to walk away.

If it was not about the money he would be talking about giving back bonus paid for next two years to have right to look elsewhere but he isn't. He wants another fat signing bonus.

Then he shouldn't have retired to begin with.

I would have bought your argument back in February, but since he changed his mind and is acting like a spoiled brat with the Packers, I don't think it's as much about playing the game anymore. It's as if he's holding out for respect when he never needed to.

I think the Bills are in a win-win-win situation here. If the trade happens, yes, he makes the Jets a good deal tougher for now (which isn't saying much), but he also keeps them from developing a young QB and likely extends their rebuilding process by at least two years. If the trade happens and Favre retires to stay away from NJ, then it ties the Jests' front office and coaching staff up for a while as they try to hash things out and embarrasses the team. If the trade doesn't happen, there will be plenty of rumors that it fell through because Favre refused to come, which embarrasses the Jests any way and has to shake their current QB's morale.

Lol, silly Jets... Would have thought this more of a Miami Dolphins thing to do... They like expensive QB's that'll last only a couple of games...

Seriously, this kinda stuff is really bad for team atmosphere (both for the Jets and for the Packers) and if this drags out it will show in the Packers their results. Allthough NFL is very much business in the end it's a team game, the Giants didnt win the SB last year on sheer quality but on team effort and the willingness to give it all for each other.

It's allready confirmed the Packers wont retire Favre his number this year, rumors going around of the Packers offering Favre 20mil to stay retired for 10 years, Rodgers allready had his game setout for him this season with the Packers love child retired but with all this; one boo-boo and the Packer fans will cry bloody murder against their FO/coaching staff over this.

Lol, silly Jets... Would have thought this more of a Miami Dolphins thing to do... They like expensive QB's that'll last only a couple of games...

Seriously, this kinda stuff is really bad for team atmosphere (both for the Jets and for the Packers) and if this drags out it will show in the Packers their results. Allthough NFL is very much business in the end it's a team game, the Giants didnt win the SB last year on sheer quality but on team effort and the willingness to give it all for each other.

It's allready confirmed the Packers wont retire Favre his number this year, rumors going around of the Packers offering Favre 20mil to stay retired for 10 years, Rodgers allready had his game setout for him this season with the Packers love child retired but with all this; one boo-boo and the Packer fans will cry bloody murder against their FO/coaching staff over this.

Could be... :thumbsup: