Trade proposal

Trader

The fact for all of you self declared but unemployed genuis's is the Bills just made a move with a key player to play the near and possibly far future without Jason Peters.

Wall bang all you like but thats the way it is. My vision is much closer to a reality than yours is.

My what an endearing and wonderful response to your critics. Don't back up your curious proposal with facts--just call everyone who responded to you an unemployed ignoramus...good stuff.

Do you really think Jason Peters is prepared for life without his salary (meager as it is), and without football? Because if the Bills end up playing this year without Jason Peters..he ends up on the suspended list and he continues to rack up fines and he gets no credit, according to the CBA, for a year played so the three years remaining on his contract are still in place. In fact, I believe if he doesn't report 30 days before opening day (August 8 I think) he may not get credit for a year played..

The Bills hold all the cards here Trader...if Parker (notice Parker not Peters - because I believe Jason would be in camp today if it weren't for Parker) wants to play hardball he should at least wait until its a real threat...this is just stupid.

The fact for all of you self declared but unemployed genuis's is the Bills just made a move with a key player to play the near and possibly far future without Jason Peters.

Wall bang all you like but thats the way it is. My vision is much closer to a reality than yours is.

Okay...trade a Pro Bowl LT and our backup QB for a guy who may only have a year left. Make sense to me. I guess it's that "vison" thing. :devil:

This is the NFL. Not a trading card swap meet.

PTR

My what an endearing and wonderful response to your critics. Don't back up your curious proposal with facts--just call everyone who responded to you an unemployed ignoramus...good stuff.

Do you really think Jason Peters is prepared for life without his salary (meager as it is), and without football? Because if the Bills end up playing this year without Jason Peters..he ends up on the suspended list and he continues to rack up fines and he gets no credit, according to the CBA, for a year played so the three years remaining on his contract are still in place. In fact, I believe if he doesn't report 30 days before opening day (August 8 I think) he may not get credit for a year played..

The Bills hold all the cards here Trader...if Parker (notice Parker not Peters - because I believe Jason would be in camp today if it weren't for Parker) wants to play hardball he should at least wait until its a real threat...this is just stupid.

Agreed but it appears some here would like the Bills to roll over on Peters. He needs to be in camp and now or lets move on without him.

TAKE....ME....TO....YOUR.......LEADER

Okay...trade a Pro Bowl LT and our backup QB for a guy who may only have a year left. Make sense to me. I guess it's that "vison" thing. ;)

This is the NFL. Not a trading card swap meet.

PTR

PTR, this is all you have to say? I want to give up a measly 3rd rounder for the guy and get pummeled, and Trader Vick wants to give him RJ.....eeerrr....JP AND what's his name .......oh yea.....Peters?!?!?!

You may not agree with my plight, but it's far more reasonable, don't ya think? :devil:

Do you even know who their LT is?

You don't, otherwise you would have said his name. Cue the google search.

Here's a hint... don't post retarded proposal ideas, but at least research the guys names that you are proposing in the retarded proposal.

Now that's Funny. Mary sounds like a B word!

Funny you should mention that. I just called Ralph. Here was our conversation:

Ralph: "Hello, this is Ralph."

Me: "Hi, Ralph. Got a minute? I've got a personnel move I'd like to discuss with you."

R: "Sure. Did Peters finally come to camp today?"

M: "No, I wish. But the good news is that we still have an Oakland Raiders cast-off to plug in at left tackle, so it's not a complete loss."

R: "Good to hear. I think we may need to give that Peters some more money. So it must be that we've signed Evans to an extension, right? That's a smart way to spend our money. I really like that youngster...he could be something special."

M: "No, sorry. That's not it, either. It involves a veteran QB who might be available."

R: (In the background) "MARY! Did you change the channel? You know I love Matlock! Put it back on Nick at Nite!"

M: "Ralph, are you still there?"

R: (In the background) "MARY! Where are my reading glasses?"

M: "Ralph. RALPH!"

R: "Who is this, anyway?"

M: "It's not important. What is important is that you have a chance to get a QB who will be a first ballot Hall of Famer!"

R: "How did you get our phone number?"

M: "Google. Now listen, this guys team will trade him so that he's not a distraction to their young QB who has showed some promise and they're trying to develop."

R: "Don't we have a young QB who we're trying to develop?"

M: "Well, yes. But that's beside the point. Look, this guy will pack the stadium this year! He's a guaranteed draw!"

R: "But aren't most of our home games already sold out? And don't we have some 54,000 season tickets?"

M: "Uh, yes. That's true. But let me tell you a little more about this guy...."

R: "Go ahead."

M: "Well, we can probably get him for a second round pick next year."

R: "Boy, that sounds a little steep."

M: "And he's got a cannon for an arm."

R: "Well, that sounds promising! Jim Kelly had a cannon of an arm, and I liked him. Is there a downside?"

M: "There may be a few small things..."

R: (In background) "MARY! Where's my pudding?"

M: "RALPH!"

R: "Right. Where were we? Oh, the downside on this fella."

M: "Remember that cannon of an arm I was talking about?"

R: "I do."

M: "Well, on occasion it's more like a Civil War cannon...it'll shoot pretty far, but you're not quite sure if it will be on target."

R: "Oh, that's not very good. You know, I was just a wee lad during the Civil War..."

M: "And he has this tendency to throw into double and sometimes triple coverage."

R: "That's not very good. Maybe he can be coached out of that."

M: "Oh, and he's 38 years old."

R: "Well, that's not young for a QB."

M: "And one more thing...it'll cost you around $12 million a year to sign him."

R: (Choking on pudding sound in background)

M: "Ralph, you OK?"

R: "Yes, I'm fine. I think we're done here."

M: "So, what do you think?"

R: "I appreciate you sharing this with me, Mr. Anonymous Stranger, I do. But Matlock is coming on, and I have to go."

M: "So your answer is..."

R: "...DO NOT WANT!" (click)

So, there you go. Ralph does not want, either. And I would not make any of that up.