simpson and youboty

Mike100

I remember that when these two got drafted they were both had been projected as first round talents by some. As the forth round pick Ko Simpson came in and started and played really well. Youboty has not yet played the way some expected him too. And now with McKelvin on the roster he will probably see even less time at CB. I really like Ko Simpson, he's made a few plays in the offseason workouts. Do you think that Youboty will get cut this year and how well do you think Ko Simpson will play this year?

ever since rj im getting nuts from hearing about POTENTIAL. i dont care how much POTENTIAl any player got. all i care about is how he plays. you did not hear about the potential of digiorgio for example. all he did was play when called upon to. and thats what ashton has to do. if he doesnt he should hit the road. with ko, he has showed some. i expect him to show some more. we will have a great secondaryfor years to come. with or without ashton.

The only time I ever see Youboty make a play is on run defense where he is able to stop a guy ala Antoine Winfield at times. When I see him in pass protection, it is usually seeing his nameplate running up to someone as he already has been tackled by the safety 25 yards out.

I think Youboty will be on the roster when the season starts. The rooks (either or both Corner and Cox) may be PS guys. ST may be the deciding factor. If one of the rooks become an April guy, then yes I can see us cutting ties with Youboty. Is Cleveland still interested?

The Bills drafted 3 CBs in this year's draft. If that is not an indication of how they view their "1st round talent" depth at the position, then nothing is.

The Bills only drafted one CB to realistically use on the D. The other two were picked up for special teams reinforcements. But, I do think Youboty get released.

Simpson will join Whitner to make one of the best safety tandems in the league.

No, they drafted 3 CBs because they aren't very happy with the talent they have at the position and wanted to raise the level of competition. They also brought in a FA this past off-season. It's not that hard to understand. The defense was a mess against the spread formations last year.

This is the NFL. You don't win by simply having the best starting 11 and a bunch of wannabes that got high accolades from their hometown newspapers. You have to have some contributing depth because there will be injuries. You have to have packages and situational players. You have to have guys that can excel on special teams.

Youboty may have potential, but he hasn't come anywhere close to being a "1st round" caliber player. If he makes the 08 team, and that is far from assured, he's going to have to make huge strides and prove he's significantly more valuable (if he's only on par with, say, Cox then it's likely they'll keep Cox and hope he has a quicker rise in his NFL learning curve) than either Corner, Cox, or James. Resting on his draft laurels isn't going to pay the freight.

No, they drafted 3 CBs because they aren't very happy with the talent they have at the position and wanted to raise the level of competition. They also brought in a FA this past off-season. It's not that hard to understand. The defense was a mess against the spread formations last year.

Agreed...

And as far as Youboty goes...if He makes Plays and contributes big time on ST's He'll be around...If not, The Bills now have other options... ;)

I remember that when these two got drafted they were both had been projected as first round talents by some. As the forth round pick Ko Simpson came in and started and played really well. Youboty has not yet played the way some expected him too. And now with McKelvin on the roster he will probably see even less time at CB. I really like Ko Simpson, he's made a few plays in the offseason workouts. Do you think that Youboty will get cut this year and how well do you think Ko Simpson will play this year?

Ko was largely regarded as the steal of the draft. I think he'll pick up where he left off which is a high level. George Wilson is an excellent backup at the position.

The Bills drafted 3 CBs in this year's draft. If that is not an indication of how they view their "1st round talent" depth at the position, then nothing is.

This is the NFL. You don't win by simply having the best starting 11 and a bunch of wannabes that got high accolades from their hometown newspapers. You have to have some contributing depth because there will be injuries. You have to have packages and situational players. You have to have guys that can excel on special teams.

Youboty may have potential, but he hasn't come anywhere close to being a "1st round" caliber player. If he makes the 08 team, and that is far from assured, he's going to have to make huge strides and prove he's significantly more valuable (if he's only on par with, say, Cox then it's likely they'll keep Cox and hope he has a quicker rise in his NFL learning curve) than either Corner, Cox, or James. Resting on his draft laurels isn't going to pay the freight.

I'm hoping the Bills will be able to trade him before the final cutdowns. If they can't there is a good chance he'll end up being cut. Maybe the Bills can stash Corner on the practice squad and hope a team comes to need a CB stat and they trade Youboty and move Corner off the practice squad.

I'm hoping the Bills will be able to trade him before the final cutdowns. If they can't there is a good chance he'll end up being cut. Maybe the Bills can stash Corner on the practice squad and hope a team comes to need a CB stat and they trade Youboty and move Corner off the practice squad.

I have a hunch that Corner is going to make this team and maybe with emphasis.

I think Youboty will be on the roster when the season starts. The rooks (either or both Corner and Cox) may be PS guys. ST may be the deciding factor. If one of the rooks become an April guy, then yes I can see us cutting ties with Youboty. Is Cleveland still interested?

Buffalo keeps at most 5 CB's on the roster. Three are for sure-McGee, McKelvin, and Greer. It's too early to tell on Corner and Cox, but DJ likes experience, and even though he's had issues, Will James may be a good bet. I think it comes down to Corner or Cox. I don't see Youboty surviving the finals cuts.

Ko was largely regarded as the steal of the draft. I think he'll pick up where he left off which is a high level. George Wilson is an excellent backup at the position.

I would hope the Bills didn't spend 3 picks on CB's (as SB has pointed out) because they felt the position was good. It's time for Youboty to put up, and I don't see it happening. He's frequently injured, and not grasping the defense. He could not reclaim the job from a former UDFA in Greer, and it's apparent the coaches aren't big on him, hence the 3 picks on CB's. Why would anyone trade for him, with Buffalo all but saying they're not happy with his play by virtue of the draft.

As for Simpson, I don't recall anyone saying he's been the steal of the draft. Even at safety he's not the best late round pick, as Dawan Landry and Antoine Bethea have been better at the position. Bethea's been to a Pro Bowl.

Buffalo keeps at most 5 CB's on the roster. Three are for sure-McGee, McKelvin, and Greer. It's too early to tell on Corner and Cox, but DJ likes experience, and even though he's had issues, Will James may be a good bet. I think it comes down to Corner or Cox. I don't see Youboty surviving the finals cuts.

I would hope the Bills didn't spend 3 picks on CB's (as SB has pointed out) because they felt the position was good. It's time for Youboty to put up, and I don't see it happening. He's frequently injured, and not grasping the defense. He could not reclaim the job from a former UDFA in Greer, and it's apparent the coaches aren't big on him, hence the 3 picks on CB's. Why would anyone trade for him, with Buffalo all but saying they're not happy with his play by virtue of the draft.

As for Simpson, I don't recall anyone saying he's been the steal of the draft. Even at safety he's not the best late round pick, as Dawan Landry and Antoine Bethea have been better at the position. Bethea's been to a Pro Bowl.

I remember a lot of places calling him the steal of the draft.

I'd say McKelvin, McGee, Greer and Will James are locks. That leaves the rest of the guys fighting for number 5. I think Corner has the inside track.

Cox if he isnt cut will be on PS,4th rounders do not go on the PS