Controversial (but clever) Ad

CosmicBills

stay tuned for an online from circuit city, hopefully coming next week, gonna try to go the viral route on this one, once i see it available i will let you know, it looks to be pretty humorous...hope it works

The video is at the bottom of the article. I don't think it's that outrageous -- just has nothing to do with JC Penny. Regardless, the ad made me laugh.

JC Penny Ad

What is that, a Johnny Spaceman watch. Digital watches are very cheap looking and use batteries :rolleyes: . Go Automatic!!

If I read their moods correctly, then they were going to go in the basement to catch up on the new Johnny Quest episodes they missed. In school they are made to watch Card Sharks w/back2back episodes of High Rollers mixed in; just for fun.

Ok, yet another place where my money won't go . . . I'm not a prude, but I have two teenage kids, and I don't need JC Penney telling them that premarital sex is OK . . .
Basically its a fake commercial but its a great way to showcase ones talents in their respective art form. Ad Agency Creatives, Editors, Directors, Colonists and DPs all benefit from the practice of spec commercials. In this case JC Penney probably never even heard of this commercial until we all did.

But don't let that get in your way.

Ok, yet another place where my money won't go . . . I'm not a prude, but I have two teenage kids, and I don't need JC Penney telling them that premarital sex is OK . . .

Do you think the woman in your avatar engages in premarital sex?

I was unaware that premarital sex is NOT ok?? Please explain this new law.

How about I talk to to my children about safe sex, contraception, consideration of abstinence. You know, PARENTING.

Like I said, I'm not a prude (hence the avatar). It is my responsibility to make sure that my kids know a thing or two about sex BEFORE they become active. I don't need major department store chains telling them how to hide it from me . . .

I constantly tell them: College, Job, House, Marriage, Children; in that order. The only two that are interchangeable are house and marriage. There's nothing wrong with being sexually active, but if you have a kid at 16, it makes achieving all of the other things on that list that much more difficult.

So stick your intimation of hypocrisy where the sun don't shine. :blink:

How about I talk to to my children about safe sex, contraception, consideration of abstinence. You know, PARENTING.

Like I said, I'm not a prude (hence the avatar). It is my responsibility to make sure that my kids know a thing or two about sex BEFORE they become active. I don't need major department store chains telling them how to hide it from me . . .

I constantly tell them: College, Job, House, Marriage, Children; in that order. The only two that are interchangeable are house and marriage. There's nothing wrong with being sexually active, but if you have a kid at 16, it makes achieving all of the other things on that list that much more difficult.

So stick your intimation of hypocrisy where the sun don't shine. ;)

But ... if you're a good parent, then your kids will know not to listen to the TV commercial and will instead listen to you. So really, it's just an overreaction on your part. :ph34r:

So stick your intimation of hypocrisy where the sun don't shine. ;)

hey buddy, as a parent I fully agree with you. but right now you are surrounded by left coast libs who want nothing more than to have one color, one sex, one creed , no winners, no losers, children having children , no God, no laws, plenty of abortion, Obama as prez ( thank God that won't happen) you want to chat about that Email me. Good Luck Brother! :ph34r: