Who's your favorite player in NCAA football?

Stl Bills

I'll throw in the name of Arrelious (Regis) Benn, a soph. WR with the University of Illinois. Led the team in receptions and yard as a freshman and broke out on the national stage in the Rose Bowl, all with a shoulder injury (dislocated) that happened in a team scrimmage in August. The kid's a stud.

As far as DB's watch for Vontae Davis (Niners TE Vernon's younger brother) at Illinois as well. He'll be a junior and is already project a top-10 pick in next year's draft if he turns pro. He's on a few preseason award watch lists. Great pass defender and plays well on special teams; a couple of punt blocks last season.

I'll throw in the name of Arrelious (Regis) Benn, a soph. WR with the University of Illinois. Led the team in receptions and yard as a freshman and broke out on the national stage in the Rose Bowl, all with a shoulder injury (dislocated) that happened in a team scrimmage in August. The kid's a stud.

As far as DB's watch for Vontae Davis (Niners TE Vernon's younger brother) at Illinois as well. He'll be a junior and is already project a top-10 pick in next year's draft if he turns pro. He's on a few preseason award watch lists. Great pass defender and plays well on special teams; a couple of punt blocks last season.

Benn was one of the nations highest rated recruits, correct?

All time? Hard to say. Desmond Howard was something else at Michigan. Fred Taylor was a beast and underrated at UF (somewhat similar to his pro career.) Lavar Arrington at PSU was unreal. My father worked with former UCLA WR JJ Stokes' mom, so I always kept an eye on him. It never got old watching Adrian Peterson run...Not an OU fan at all but it's easy to appreciate a guy with that much talent and speed, who runs SO HARD.

I'm pretty excited to see what that kid McKnight can do at USC this year. He went there with serious hype, and it looked like he was trying to figure out the college game for the majority of the season, and the coaches were trying to figure out what to do with him. Then, when they had a month to prepare for the Rose Bowl, they came out with some plays and packages that showed how explosive he could be. I assume they've been doing more of the same this offseason. McKnight vs. Laurenitas in early September should be wild.

I like Percy Harvin from UF also. Travis Beckum from Wisconsin. Deunta Williams, safety from UNC, is a man child and a joy to watch.

Guess I didn't do too good with the "if you could only pick one" part, huh? :thumbsup:

Yes. and to a lesser degree Martez Wilson. I think the story goes that once Martez had committed that Benn decided on Illinois too. They turned down the likes of USC.

That says a lot about Ron Zook. Illinois will be a team to watch for.

Hell that first game between Illinois & Missouri is going to be a big one.

Hell that first game between Illinois & Missouri is going to be a big one.

I think a few of us on the board will be there. If I go I'll be on the sidelines, as I'll be covering the game for work. We'll have to come up with a secret wink or hand signal to contact each other..... as long as it's not misinterpreted as a pick-up sign by those fruity Mizzou fans..... :blush::rolleyes:

I think a few of us on the board will be there. If I go I'll be on the sidelines, as I'll be covering the game for work. We'll have to come up with a secret wink or hand signal to contact each other..... as long as it's not misinterpreted as a pick-up sign by those fruity Mizzou fans..... :blush::rolleyes:

I can think of an apropriate hand signal............or at least a finger signal. :blink:

FSU S Myron Rolle

2nd - Either Christian Ponder or D'Vontrey Richardson, provided one fo them beats out the worthless sack of crap drew weatherford at QB.

Yo Ramius, do you know anything about this guy Brian Coulter my tigers picked up? He was a Juco player who was supposed to play at FSU (rivals and few others indicated he would have had a strong shot at starting at DE for your Seminoles) but he was ruled ineligable. Everyone in columbia is acting like he's the next best thing since sliced bread and he hasn't played a down yet.

Brian Coulter

If he xferred from FSU, he sux. :ph34r:

No he didn't transfer, something came up with his eligability due to ACC rules (I think) and the Big 12 was more lenient and he was able to get into school right away at Mizzou. I suppose he could have gone to UT but, well you know......... ;)

And tell your boy Mack to get it right (this from Big 12 media day).....................

Speaking of Missouri’s quarterback, it seems like folks around the league have finally realized that his last name is Daniel, not Daniels. But I caught one Daniels slipup on Wednesday. Ironically, it came from Texas Coach Mack Brown, the guy who let Daniel slip the Lone Star State border three years ago.

Brown had much more to say about Daniel.

“There’s a lot of kids that get out of Texas because there’s 350 of them and we can only take 22. So, there’s only 330 that are mad at me every year,” he said. “That’s an exciting thing. They always want to prove we were wrong. We knew … the guy didn’t lose one high school game. This doesn’t surprise us at all. He’s done a great job changing the face of Missouri and turning them into a national power. He’s great.”

Actually, Daniel lost one high school game, but who’s counting?

No he didn't transfer, something came up with his eligability due to ACC rules (I think) and the Big 12 was more lenient and he was able to get into school right away at Mizzou. I suppose he could have gone to UT but, well you know......... :ph34r:

But we don't take players who can't even make it at FSU? ;)

And tell your boy Mack to get it right (this from Big 12 media day).....................

Tell your boy Chase not to think so highly of himself (and he's crazy saying Colts #2).

I dont know too much about Coulter, except that he was supposed ot be a decent DE, and he didnt get into FSU because he didnt have enough credits to transfer here. I'm not sure whether or not that was FSU or ACC rules. (Probably ACC). But he did have enough credits to transfer to other schools, and thats what he did.

Jim Brown reincarnated a.k.a. Chris "Beanie" Wells

Don't do that to Wells! Wells would be even better if Brandon Saine was used more often.

Trindon Holliday of LSU has some jets. If they could figure out to use him beyond returns, he could be a game breaker.

I like Percy Harvin from UF also. Travis Beckum from Wisconsin. Deunta Williams, safety from UNC, is a man child and a joy to watch.

Check this out!

Cody Jones | July 29, 2008

“All you’ve got to do is look at him,” Florida strength and conditioning coach Mickey Marotti said. “He’s completely different. It was a commitment he made and with his surgery he had more time to work on some things. I’m as happy as I could be with him.”

The only people unhappy with Harvin might be the players he is showing up in the weight room. He bench-pressed 405 pounds this offseason, and that’s not difficult to believe when you look at him. “He’s pretty strong,” Marotti said with a smirk.

More than a few people Friday night saw Harvin take the field and asked “That’s Percy?”

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.