83 years ago today

This from the a guy who cries foul when the left compares someone to a Nazi. Way to jump to extremes.

First, Tom's response is spot on. Second, that she's engaging in rational thought at age 6 is something I encourage. If she believes in fairies, Santa, and other magic when she's 40+, I'll have done a bad job parenting.

Yeah, but if by 10 she unquestionably believes in an invisible, all-knowing being that may or may not grant wishes who had presented all the rules to strictly live by to a largely illiterate world over 2000 years ago you'll be an even better parent.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some very good friends who are very religious (Orange county is God country) and they can't understand why we don't believe. We've had some very heated discussions regarding religion. I always use the "if there's a god, why is there so much shiit happening in the world." Their response is the canned and well used "he's just testing our faith in him." Nice way of testing us guy. :rolleyes:

So, by 21st century standards, our "Father" is a child abuser? :blink::blush:

We all have our beliefs, right or wrong, and they are all based on faith - even the basic concepts of morality are relative, it would seem..

So, by 21st century standards, our "Father" is a child abuser? :blush::rolleyes:

We all have our beliefs, right or wrong, and they are all based on faith - even the basic concepts of morality are relative, it would seem..

And thus Nietzsche's grasp on humanity gets larger.

So, by 21st century standards, our "Father" is a child abuser? :blush::rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by your Father is a child abuser? I just think the religious fanatics (and it doesn't take much in my mind to be fanaticaly) are all pretty silly.

Not sure what you mean by your Father is a child abuser? I just think the religious fanatics (and it doesn't take much in my mind to be fanaticaly) are all pretty silly.

"Our Father"...since we're "God's Children", he's a child abuser.

Took me a couple readings to get it.

I have some very good friends who are very religious (Orange county is God country) and they can't understand why we don't believe. We've had some very heated discussions regarding religion. I always use the "if there's a god, why is there so much shiit happening in the world." Their response is the canned and well used "he's just testing our faith in him." Nice way of testing us guy. :blink:

I think this fits the "test of faith"

What if a crane falls on a gun dealer? :thumbsup:

Good point. We can set up a gov't agency that would allow cranes to be used in areas where it would be 'okay' for people to die. Abortion Clinics, Gun Dealers, Homes of people making over 200k / year, Outside of the Fox News studio, etc...

This is a funny thread. MY 6 year old girl says that 6 year old girls that are smart enough to understand there is no God, usually turn out to be lesbians at worst or career women at best.

Now since there is no God, I don't have to worry about offending anyone with that comment.

This is a funny thread. MY 6 year old girl says that 6 year old girls that are smart enough to understand there is no God, usually turn out to be lesbians at worst or career women at best.

Now since there is no God, I don't have to worry about offending anyone with that comment.

I've often wondered if the Giant Spaghetti Monster approves of lesbians

*Edit....on second thought I'm drunk. I could care less about Spaghetti monsters or Lesbians (unless they're hot and bi)

I've often wondered if the Giant Spaghetti Monster approves of lesbians

*Edit....on second thought I'm drunk. I could care less about Spaghetti monsters or Lesbians (unless they're hot and bi)

Who gives a sh-- what a false god like the Giant Spaghetti Monster thinks?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster, on the other hand...he approves of hot lesbians, particularly on video.

Sorry, he's not my father. Mine lives in Ellicottville. ;)

But I will bet your religious friends would say that God is their Father (and yours).

I know that if I let my children die of hunger when I had access to a cupboard full of food, using "I was just testing their faith" as my defense would not float. <_<

The timing of this very important 83rd anniversary of the completion of the Scopes trial coincides with a conversation with my 6 year old daughter Nabby on Saturday. We were driving by a statue at 17th and Vine in Philadelphia.

This is an extremely poorly written sequence of sentences.

This is an extremely poorly written sequence of sentences.

And yet they are grammatically correct. Thanks for another glowing contribution.

If you like it here so much that you can't stay away, why don't contribute substantively to this board instead of dragging it down?