Just got home from Weird Al concert

3rd time i have seen him, 3 seperate years. This guy does not disappoint, he is one hell of a showman, and his band and himself are topnotch musicians. I know we had this same discussion last year. If he comes to your area, DO NOT discount him as a side show, he puts on a great show, costume changes and all, with AL TV videos to fill the gaps. Go see him, bring the kids, he is a fun family outing...that is all

I'll second this!

I've seen him 3 or 4 times - and all of the shows have been awesome. He came into the crowd at one of the shows, singing one of his "love songs." It was a riot.

was it the song with all the innuendo's? he did that tonight...pretty much the same show as last year, but thats ok, its worth seeing again

I'll second this!

I've seen him 3 or 4 times - and all of the shows have been awesome. He came into the crowd at one of the shows, singing one of his "love songs." It was a riot.

3rd time i have seen him, 3 seperate years. This guy does not disappoint, he is one hell of a showman, and his band and himself are topnotch musicians. I know we had this same discussion last year. If he comes to your area, DO NOT discount him as a side show, he puts on a great show, costume changes and all, with AL TV videos to fill the gaps. Go see him, bring the kids, he is a fun family outing...that is all

So bring the kids along it's good clean family fun.

What have you got to lose if you like the 6 O'Clock news then you'll love... :unsure:

Count me in. I've seen him 4 times and he is terrific. Despite his rep as a clown he can nail it live and his band is tighter than Ann Wilson's jeans. 10 out of 10 in entertainment value. He's playing NH this Tuesday and I'm going.

PTR

thanks for the insightful reply, but alas, my tickets were free....so no money wasted on my end, and even if i did pay, i would not have considered it a waste of money

What waste of Money to see that clown!

I've got tickets to see him here in Illinois in early August ($10 per ticket!!!). I cannot wait to see the show. I work with a guy that actually won a look-alike contest at one of the national conventions.... dead ringer for him when he puts on the curly wig and moustache (old Al).

I've got tickets to see him here in Illinois in early August ($10 per ticket!!!). I cannot wait to see the show. I work with a guy that actually won a look-alike contest at one of the national conventions.... dead ringer for him when he puts on the curly wig and moustache (old Al).

I had a friend in high school (back in the early 90s) who looked just like Al -- without trying. There were a couple of times when people would even come up to him and say that. Good times.

I had a friend in high school (back in the early 90s) who looked just like Al -- without trying. There were a couple of times when people would even come up to him and say that. Good times.

Was he nerdy to the extreme, whiter than sour cream? Was he in AV club, glee club, and even the chess team?

:bag:

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, because I just got back from seeing Al in concert. Great show, the band played a solid two hours including "Alburquerque" as an encore. The atmosphere was great and it's a family-friendly show (with a few grownup references along the way). To repeat what's already been said, GO SEE WEIRD AL YANKOVIC IF HE'S PLAYING NEAR YOU!

that is all

"Albequrque"(sp) is so fun to watch and listen to...i also love how he and the band do that little exchange after "Yoda" where they all make the different noises in unison..they go on for about 5 minutes and the timing is fabulous. Glad you enjoyed it

Bump, because I just got back from seeing Al in concert. Great show, the band played a solid two hours including "Alburquerque" as an encore. The atmosphere was great and it's a family-friendly show (with a few grownup references along the way). To repeat what's already been said, GO SEE WEIRD AL YANKOVIC IF HE'S PLAYING NEAR YOU!

that is all

that is all

Oh man, I've always wanted to see Alburquerque live but he's never played it when I've gone. Do you have any Bear Claws? Wait a minute, I'll go check! :thumbsup:

that is all

Did he play "Canadian Idiot" or was it all parody songs?