Browns

Chiefs

Steelers

Falcons

C-

Texans

Saints

Rams

I don't disagree with that either. We only have 1 guy whose had more then 1 successful season, 2 if you count Whitner. I think after this year we'll be one of the top secondaries in the league.

Or we could just switch Hamdan to FS.

Hmmmm... a chroiseful Safety!

We're going to see a lot of nickel being played by the Red, White and Blue this year. And no, I don't mean the Cheaters.

I don't see a problem with that. Probably would have been a "C" if not for drafting McLovin', and might

be a B + going into next year after we see if he can play, and James also.

I don't see a problem with that. Probably would have been a "C" if not for drafting McLovin', and might

be a B + going into next year after we see if he can play, and James also.

What's with the William James love? I mean, not to call specifically you out socal, I've heard it a ton of times, but the guy had the worst YPA average of consistently playing corners last year. I don't know the exact number, but when I remember where I placed the stat book I'll point it out...

As for the ranking, I find it fair. An elite #1, decent #2, competition for nickel, I'm happy with the B grade... but only a B for the Raiders? That's just... I don't even know. DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomougha?

What's with the William James love? I mean, not to call specifically you out socal, I've heard it a ton of times, but the guy had the worst YPA average of consistently playing corners last year. I don't know the exact number, but when I remember where I placed the stat book I'll point it out...

As for the ranking, I find it fair. An elite #1, decent #2, competition for nickel, I'm happy with the B grade... but only a B for the Raiders? That's just... I don't even know. DeAngelo Hall and Nnamdi Asomougha?

I wouldn't call anyone in our secondary "elite".

McGee played at an elite level last year.

Definitley. 5.8 YPA, with a 44.2% success rank. Only 4 Corners who faced over 70 passes had a better YPA (Will Allen, Deshea Townshend, Fred Smoot, Charles Tillman). The longest completion he let up all year? 25 Yards.

And when I found William James... 11.1 YPA. Ouch.

I acknowledge that:

1) This is the time of year when there's NOTHING to subtantiate ANYTHING

2) This is the time of year when I get sucked into this team....Jesus, over-and-over-and-over....

3) No one with the IQ higher than sheeps dags should give a rats hairy ass about these rankings

This having been said, I'm starting to like this secondary. A lot. There's going to be a boatload of heat on McLovin' to perform to the level at which he was drafted, but you have to look at:

Whitner

Simpson (coming off injury, I know)

McGee

McLovin'

Are you serious? Step into the wayback machine, set the destinometer to 2005, and tell me you wouldn't have given up a couple of body parts to get that line up. These guys start playing on the same page and that's going to be a tough nut for any quarterback.

I acknowledge that:

1) This is the time of year when there's NOTHING to subtantiate ANYTHING

2) This is the time of year when I get sucked into this team....Jesus, over-and-over-and-over....

3) No one with the IQ higher than sheeps dags should give a rats hairy ass about these rankings

This having been said, I'm starting to like this secondary. A lot. There's going to be a boatload of heat on McLovin' to perform to the level at which he was drafted, but you have to look at:

Whitner

Simpson (coming off injury, I know)

McGee

McLovin'

Are you serious? Step into the wayback machine, set the destinometer to 2005, and tell me you wouldn't have given up a couple of body parts to get that line up. These guys start playing on the same page and that's going to be a tough nut for any quarterback.

Agreed...

Right now I think McKelvin will be worked in as the Nickle DB while he learns a bit...If He steps up and grabs the Starting Spot from Greer in Camp I'd be a bit surprised...Thrilled, but surprised nonetheless...

And there should be some decent Depth in 08, something The Bills have sorely lacked at DB for a few Years now...No question this is a REAL Young Group overall...And that means some growing pains...But there is plenty of talent at DB now...And the competition for those last couple spots in the Secondary should be fierce...I'm really looking forward to that...Should be interesting to watch...

I'm pretty sure Tom Brady is not shaking in His boots thinking about facing this Group just yet, but I like what The Bills have at CB and S...I think this could be a solid group in 08, and hopefully for the next few Years... :thumbsup:

Agreed...

Right now I think McKelvin will be worked in as the Nickle DB while he learns a bit...If He steps up and grabs the Starting Spot from Greer in Camp I'd be a bit surprised...Thrilled, but surprised nonetheless...

And there should be some decent Depth in 08, something The Bills have sorely lacked at DB for a few Years now...No question this is a REAL Young Group overall...And that means some growing pains...But there is plenty of talent at DB now...And the competition for those last couple spots in the Secondary should be fierce...I'm really looking forward to that...Should be interesting to watch...

I'm pretty sure Tom Brady is not shaking in His boots thinking about facing this Group just yet, but I like what The Bills have at CB and S...I think this could be a solid group in 08, and hopefully for the next few Years... :thumbsup:

You got me thinking:

James

Corner

Cox

Yobouty

Wilson

Wendling

Who else? I know there are others, but I'm working off an Air Card and the damn thing's too slow to dig around on the internet. That IS quality depth. I'm not meaning to stir your ire with this post, Bill in NYC, but all excluding Corner and Cox have SOME playing time, and Corner was a 4th rounder. I think the secondary is going to make itself known in the league by the second half of the season (assuming they don't get torched in the first half). You're right, KO, Tom Brady probably isn't shaking in his boots at this point. Talk to me sometime in the week before the season finale..........

You got me thinking:

James

Corner

Cox

Yobouty

Wilson

Wendling

Who else? I know there are others, but I'm working off an Air Card and the damn thing's too slow to dig around on the internet. That IS quality depth. I'm not meaning to stir your ire with this post, Bill in NYC, but all excluding Corner and Cox have SOME playing time, and Corner was a 4th rounder.

Thanks for even considering my opinion. :thumbsup::w00t:

You did omit Simpson, and I am not convinced (of course I am hoping to be happily surprised) that he is any good. I think (as you well know) that way too many draft picks/resources were devoted to the secondary. When we play NE the 2nd time, the weather is anybody"s guess. Passing might not be much of an issue, but I am sure that blocking, tackling, and running the football will be.

That said, we are what we are, and we are saddled with Jauron. If he can win with his warped philosophy, that would be a great thing. If not, I am thinking that he will be gone, which sounds pretty good as well.

Like I said, TSN should stick to giving out rankings about the CFL. They might actually know something about that league.

Goodman, Andre'<McElvin 1-0 us

Lehan, Michael<Greer 2-0 us

Crocker, Chris>Scott 2-1 us

Hill, Renaldo<Simpson 3-1 us

Allen, Will<McGee 4-1 us

Billingsley, Will<Youboty 5-1 us

Davis, Keith<Wilson 6-1 us

Daniels, Travis=Corner 6-1-1 us

Allen, Jason>Wendling 6-2-1 us

Babers, Scorpio=Cox 6-2-2 us

Bell, Yeremiah<Whitner 7-2-2 us

It's not even close by my count.

This is a Bills' fan board. You actually need to watch the games to be a fan. If you think McGee played at an elite level last year and you actually watched the games you must've been mistaken on who McGee is.

You are an idiot.

This is a Bills' fan board. You actually need to watch the games to be a fan. If you think McGee played at an elite level last year and you actually watched the games you must've been mistaken on who McGee is.

This is true.

McGhee is better suited to play the slot WR in straight man coverage