Fanball.com's Pre-Camp Player Rankings

I love the pre-season rankings, as some of you know, and here are the most recent ones from fanball.com.

Buffalo Bills players:

QB: Trent Edwards #29 (Ahead of Chad Pennington, John Beck, Josh McCown, and Kellen Clemens

At times in 2007, it looked like the Bills thought they drafted Chad Pennington. The coaching staff curtailed the playbook and often limited the rookie to short tosses. New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert will presumably give Edwards a longer leash in year two. Maybe they'll, you know, let him throw deep to that Lee Evans guy. The entire offensive line is back and we like the addition of James Hardy, but the Bills won't ask Edwards to fully carry the offense out of the 2007 doldrums. (J.P. Losman, #41)

Projected Stats: 217/390, 55.6%, 2,470 yards, 16 TD's, 12 INT's

HB: Marshawn Lynch #9 (Ahead of Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker, Jamal Lewis... the list goes on and on of ex-elites)

Guess which rookie runner posted the most outings of at least 75 yards in 2007? We'll give you a hint, it wasn't that guy from Minnesota. He isn't as explosive as Adrian Peterson, but he succeeds where Willis McGahee sucked. Marshawn rushed for at least 60 yards every game and scored six times over nine contests before a sprained ankle cost him three weeks. All five Big Boys on the Bills O-Line are back, the defense looks improved, and the passing attack can't possibly be any worse. The pieces are in place for Lynch to step up. (Fred Jackson #77)

Projected Stats: 323 rushes, 1,303 yards, 12 TD's, 5 100+ yard games, 1 rec. TD

WR: Lee Evans #19, James Hardy #61, Josh Reed #83

Projected Stats (in order)

71 Receptions, 1,099 yds, 7 TD's

45 Receptions, 533 yds, 5 TD's

33 Receptions, 302 yds, 2 TD's

TE: Robert Royal #28

Projected Stats: 26 Receptions, 241 yds, 3 TD's

Kicker: Rian Lindell #20

Defense: Buffalo Bills #13

Projected Stats: 1 Safety, 39 sacks, 30 FF's, 16 INT's

Special Teams: Buffalo Bills #4

Individual Defensive Positions:

Linebacker: Paul Poslusny #11

An injury shortened year could not hide the potential of "Pos" replacing London Fletcher in the middle. In his two injury-free games, Posluszny collected 22 tackles. The injury concern is the only thing keeping Pos out of the top 10.

Angelo Crowell, #33, Kawika Mitchell #57

D-Backs: Terrence McGee #12, Donte Whitner #44

D-Ends: Aaron Schobel #10, Chris Kelsay #33

Just figured I'd type it up for those who like this stuff too.

I love the pre-season rankings, as some of you know, and here are the most recent ones from fanball.com.

Buffalo Bills players:

QB: Trent Edwards #29 (Ahead of Chad Pennington, John Beck, Josh McCown, and Kellen Clemens

At times in 2007, it looked like the Bills thought they drafted Chad Pennington. The coaching staff curtailed the playbook and often limited the rookie to short tosses. New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert will presumably give Edwards a longer leash in year two. Maybe they'll, you know, let him throw deep to that Lee Evans guy. The entire offensive line is back and we like the addition of James Hardy, but the Bills won't ask Edwards to fully carry the offense out of the 2007 doldrums. (J.P. Losman, #41)

Projected Stats: 217/390, 55.6%, 2,470 yards, 16 TD's, 12 INT's

HB: Marshawn Lynch #9 (Ahead of Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker, Jamal Lewis... the list goes on and on of ex-elites)

Guess which rookie runner posted the most outings of at least 75 yards in 2007? We'll give you a hint, it wasn't that guy from Minnesota. He isn't as explosive as Adrian Peterson, but he succeeds where Willis McGahee sucked. Marshawn rushed for at least 60 yards every game and scored six times over nine contests before a sprained ankle cost him three weeks. All five Big Boys on the Bills O-Line are back, the defense looks improved, and the passing attack can't possibly be any worse. The pieces are in place for Lynch to step up. (Fred Jackson #77)

Projected Stats: 323 rushes, 1,303 yards, 12 TD's, 5 100+ yard games, 1 rec. TD

WR: Lee Evans #19, James Hardy #61, Josh Reed #83

Projected Stats (in order)

71 Receptions, 1,099 yds, 7 TD's

45 Receptions, 533 yds, 5 TD's

33 Receptions, 302 yds, 2 TD's

TE: Robert Royal #28

Projected Stats: 26 Receptions, 241 yds, 3 TD's

Special Teams: Buffalo Bills #4

Individual Defensive Positions:

Linebacker: Paul Poslusny #11

An injury shortened year could not hide the potential of "Pos" replacing London Fletcher in the middle. In his two injury-free games, Posluszny collected 22 tackles. The injury concern is the only thing keeping Pos out of the top 10.

Angelo Crowell, #33, Kawika Mitchell #57

D-Backs: Terrence McGee #12, Donte Whitner #44

D-Ends: Aaron Schobel #10, Chris Kelsay #33

Just figured I'd type it up for those who like this stuff too.

Funny how Hardy, Reed, Evans, and Royal alone will tally more TD rec's than Edwards will throw. :lol:

Look for ML to unload that 70-yard halfback option pass a couple of times. <_<

Looks like he will need to triple his TD passing output next year:

2007 Passing (ATT/COMP/YDS/TD/INT/RATING)

Lynch: 1/1/8/1/0/139.6

With that QB rating, I think we have another QB controversy on our hands. He is by far the best QB on the squad. :lol:

Lindell is in the bottom half of the league's kickers???? :lol:

Only 30 forced fumbles??? I was counting on 12 from Kyle Williams before I even read this post, who ya think will snare the other 18??

lindell at 20? id put him a bit higher than that...not much..but maybe 15

All Lindell does is make an astoundingly high % of his FG attempts. There ARE great FG kickers in the league right now-true. But Lindell should be top 10.

Looks like he will need to triple his TD passing output next year:

2007 Passing (ATT/COMP/YDS/TD/INT/RATING)

Lynch: 1/1/8/1/0/139.6

With that QB rating, I think we have another QB controversy on our hands. He is by far the best QB on the squad. :lol:

Hey, the guy played some QB in HS, says he can chuck it 70 yards - that's better than TE, maybe even JP...

OMG Ken - what if ML is the best QB on the squad? What if that's actually true??? <_<

19 and 0 baby!!! <_<

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posluszny!!!!! <_<

Losman wins back job in week 4 9 11 14?

I corrected your quote to more accurately reflect the more likely QB scenario in 2008(based on past track records of Buffalo QBs and coaches).