Henry getting run out of town

zow2

It's a shame. The guy is a very good RB. Unless Willis damages his knee again, TH will get traded. If I'm TH, I want to get as far away from Buffalo as possible the way I'm being portrayed. All he has to do is click on a message board, listen to sports talk radio...or read a newspaper and it's all negative news about him.

It's a shame.  The guy is a very good RB.  Unless Willis damages his knee again, TH will get traded.  If I'm TH, I want to get as far away from Buffalo as possible the way I'm being portrayed.  All he has to do is click on a message board, listen to sports talk radio...or read a newspaper and it's all negative news about him.

74483[/snapback]

yeah his value is quickly dropping. especially with 100 yard rushers just popping up out of nowhere each week. its seems like nobody is going to want him.

football is still a business though, he has to understand that.

It's a shame.  The guy is a very good RB.  Unless Willis damages his knee again, TH will get traded.  If I'm TH, I want to get as far away from Buffalo as possible the way I'm being portrayed.  All he has to do is click on a message board, listen to sports talk radio...or read a newspaper and it's all negative news about him.

74483[/snapback]

Well, he sits out 1 game, and the OL looks better, the qb looks better, there were far fewer mistakes, and his team wins. His replacement also carried the team when it counted and put away the game.

Yeah, the future looks bleak for TH in Buffalo.

It is eerily similar to what happened to Nomar in Boston this year. Former fan favorite. But, the team was crapping out after high expectations, he was not having a good year based on previous performance, he was injured. His fielding gaffes were getting amplified, and they had someone on the bench with "better hands." He was clearly unhappy about the Sox gunning for A-Rod in the off-season. The team let out how much the contract was that he turned down, and the fans and talk radio basically ran the dude out of town. The Sox had no choice but to get him out of there because team chemistry was tanking.

In the end, though, getting rid of him may have contributed to the Sox' run into the playoffs (only to get annhililated by the good guys from the Bronx).

Absolutely ridiculous.

You can't give McGahee credit for all that. Last week in NY, Jonas Jennings was a turnstyle at left tackle. That was the sole reason for at least 3 Bledsoe sacks.

Secondly, McGahee had one benefit that Travis did not. He got to run the ball WHEN THE BILLS HAD THE LEAD. In fact, 70% of his yardage game on that last drive. Henry has not had that chance. Most teams stack the box wait for Bledsoe to beat them when the Bills are playing from behind.

Running with the lead and running without the lead are vastly different. That said, Willis played a hell of a game and deserves 50% of the carries.

Well, he sits out 1 game, and the OL looks better, the qb looks better, there were far fewer mistakes, and his team wins. His replacement also carried the team when it counted and put away the game.

Yeah, the future looks bleak for TH in Buffalo.

74520[/snapback]

Absolutely ridiculous. 

You can't give McGahee credit for all that.  Last week in NY, Jonas Jennings was a turnstyle at left tackle. That was the sole reason for at least 3 Bledsoe sacks.

Secondly, McGahee had one benefit that Travis did not.  He got to run the ball WHEN THE BILLS HAD THE LEAD.  In fact, 70% of his yardage game on that last drive.  Henry has not had that chance.  Most teams stack the box wait for Bledsoe to beat them when the Bills are playing from behind.

Running with the lead and running without the lead are vastly different.  That said, Willis played a hell of a game and deserves 50% of the carries.

74546[/snapback]

Good Points, I agree 100%

Absolutely ridiculous. 

You can't give McGahee credit for all that.  Last week in NY, Jonas Jennings was a turnstyle at left tackle. That was the sole reason for at least 3 Bledsoe sacks.

Secondly, McGahee had one benefit that Travis did not.  He got to run the ball WHEN THE BILLS HAD THE LEAD.  In fact, 70% of his yardage game on that last drive.  Henry has not had that chance.  Most teams stack the box wait for Bledsoe to beat them when the Bills are playing from behind.

Running with the lead and running without the lead are vastly different.  That said, Willis played a hell of a game and deserves 50% of the carries.

74546[/snapback]

You are right. I did sound as if I was giving MaGahee ALL of the credit, when in truth many players had good games, to include Spikes, most of the OL, Edwards, and yes, Drew.

The fact still remains that they played a better football game with Travis on the bench.

First of all, Travis needs to know better than to listen what the media and fans have to say. Why should he give a rat's ass? If the players start asking the front office for a trade, then we have a situation. But that's not happening.

I didn't see the game yesterday so I'll reserve the comments about Willis' play to those of you who did see it. All I know is Willis had more than 100 yards against a very good defense. Are the Dolphins a deflated bunch, and if so, did that help? Probably so. But he did what he did and deserves credit. Would Travis have had the same type of day had he not been injured. I'd like to think so, but who knows?

All I know is that I'm happy we finally won. I don't care if it came against Winnipeg. We finally got in the win column.

I still don't think TH should be traded. It's way too soon to tell if Willis is all the way back. I, for one, am rooting for both of the guys. This isn't about individual competition. It's about the Bills winning games. I think it's too soon to say that Willis gives us the best chance to win, but as a big TH fan, I admit that yesterday was a start.

one more excellent thing about WM yesterday was when he would stay in and chip block Jason Taylor. On the crucial last drive, Taylor got around price on one pass play and WM was right there to manhandle Jason to the ground. That gave Drew time to hit Moulds on that short screen that turned into a 20+ yd play.

I still think Henry is being vastly underrated but I agree that you have to use WM as long as we're winning.

74546[/snapback]

Fair enough. But can you please point to me the last time the Bills were able to ride out the clock in the 4th Q, when they had a lead of 7 pts or less?

Fair enough.  But can you please point to me the last time the Bills were able to ride out the clock in the 4th Q, when they had a lead of 7 pts or less?

74616[/snapback]

I havn't seen anyone point this out yet, but WM almost drained the clock against the Jags as well. If not for a holding flag away from the play, he would've controlled the game in the 4th quarter against two teams this year.

CW

74546[/snapback]

when your running game is firing on all cylinders the defensive ends have to think twice about going all out on a rush for the qb. so yes, willis does get credit for that.

Playing with the lead vs. Playing from behind.

Two separate things. Aside from the Jax game, Travis really hasn't had a chance to play with the lead. That's a big factor. Especially considering most of his yardage came on that last drive. I'm not taking credit away from him, but I am saying that I do believe Travis would have been able to do similar things on that last drive.

when your running game is firing on all cylinders the defensive ends have to think twice about going all out on a rush for the qb. so yes, willis does get credit for that.

74624[/snapback]

McGahee was great in that drive. But can you point to me a time when the Bills actually had the lead??? Seems like centuries ago! :w00t:

Nice to see a win for a change.

Fair enough.  But can you please point to me the last time the Bills were able to ride out the clock in the 4th Q, when they had a lead of 7 pts or less?

74616[/snapback]

no he isn't F-him......it's a god damn shame.....we as fans are allowed to be like this because sports today doesn't give two ***** about the fan...ohhhh, they say they do but guess what they don't! So we can talk smack about any player we want! Player loyality went out the window when free agency came and ruined sports.......EZC is bitter!!

Playing with the lead vs. Playing from behind. 

Two separate things.  Aside from the Jax game, Travis really hasn't had a chance to play with the lead. That's a big factor.  Especially considering most of his yardage came on that last drive.  I'm not taking credit away from him, but I am saying that I do believe Travis would have been able to do similar things on that last drive.

74635[/snapback]

Maybe if Henry didn't trip himself up and blow assignments, the Bills would have a chance to extend drives, giving himself more opportunites to rack up yards.

Henry's just not playing up to his form of the last two seasons. McGahee made plays yesterday, something Travis hasn't really done all season.

On 3rd and 3, Willis gains 4. On 2nd and 3, Travis stumbles and falls untouched. McGahee converts on third and long via a shovel pass. Travis screws up 3rd and long by running the wrong way on a screen.

If you were the coach, who would you start? The guy making mistakes or the guy making plays?

Some of you Henry apologists are talking as if we've trailed by 20 points in every game. Our largest deficit has been 13 vs. the Jets, and McGahee was getting most of the carries at that point.

The Raiders & Patriots games were basically one-score games throughout (just like yesterday's game), and our running game produced squat. I don't understand what the argument is.