Henry getting run out of town

zow2

I'd be content with both Henry and McGahee on the field as starters - Henry at HB, McGahee at FB.

Everyone now wants to run Henry out of town - completely forgetting what he did for us in the past two seasons - but I'd first run Daimon Shelton out of town before Henry.

74693[/snapback]

Shelton played a pretty good game yesterday. He flattened an bunch of guys yesterday on McGahee's runs.

You can't waste a talent like McGahee at fullback. He speed mandates that you line him up deeper in the I formation.

Henry and McGahee are going to have to come to terms with splitting carries this season.

Henry can either pout on the bench or eliminate his mistakes and contribute. Hopefully he'll respond positively to the competition.

McGahee was great in that drive.  But can you point to me a time when the Bills actually had the lead???  Seems like centuries ago!  :w00t:

Nice to see a win for a change.

74640[/snapback]

OK, NJ Sue, I'll do your homework :blink:

Remember, the point being Bills having the lead and holding it with 7 pts. or less with Henry as RB and were trying to ice a game. (Note the stats from 2003+ in particular)

11/25/01 - Miami scores 17 points in last 5 minutes, Bills lose

12/9/01 - Bills hold off Panthers

12/30/01 - Bills hold off Jets (Henry doesn't play)

10/27/02 - Bills hold off Lions

10/5/03 - Bills go 3 & out in 1st possession of 4Q after Cincy tied it

11/23/03 - Bills go 5 plays in 4Q after Colts close in

12/14/03 - Bills have 2 chances to ice vs Titans - blow both.

Notice that earlier on, even in the limited situations, Bills w/ Henry could still hold on to a lead in the fourth quarter. But when the defensive coordinators adjust to a player, it makes it very difficult for them.

The trend certainly looks that the league may have caught up with Henry. You can see from his inability to ice the game (he's not even on the field in 4Q) and his problem of getting that one yard when it's needed.

I'm not ready to proclaim that McGahee is the sure thing, but so far, he has not really been stopped when the Bills really NEEDED a yard.