Chargers likely to move to LA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown reporting on a Nick Canepa story in the SD Trib.

It's just one reporter's opinion, but he's done a lot of fact gathering to make it. Nick Canepa of the San Diego Tribune believes with the lease deal up for the Chargers on Qualcomm Stadium in January and no viable new stadium options in San Diego there's a good chance they'd leave town.

Brown linkage

Temporarily, until a 20th 21st-century stadium can be built.

Hey, he wrote it, not me.

Built where? In their parking lot?

Oh wait. I keep forgetting how plentiful lots huge enough to accomodate a stadium and all the trimmings are in California. Pretty cheap, too.

Built where? In their parking lot?

Oh wait. I keep forgetting how plentiful lots huge enough to accomodate a stadium and all the trimmings are in California. Pretty cheap, too.

There's actually a huge stretch of nothingness along the coast between San Diego & LA, but I'd imagine that they'd want to build it in one of the cities.

There's actually a huge stretch of nothingness along the coast between San Diego & LA, but I'd imagine that they'd want to build it in one of the cities.

That's Camp Pendleton. Federal land.

NFL 2025 Schedule

NY vs NY

Chicago vs NY

Dallas vs LA

LA vs LA

NY vs Dallas

NY vs Philly

Washington vs Washington

get your season tickets now only $25,000 for upper decks with $100,000 PSL purchase

And the Mexico City Marauders knock off the San Juan Sabercats for the Stanley Cup.

NFL 2025 Schedule

NY vs NY

Chicago vs NY

Dallas vs LA

LA vs LA

NY vs Dallas

NY vs Philly

Washington vs Washington

get your season tickets now only $25,000 for upper decks with $100,000 PSL purchase

Dont forget about the Dubai Oilers!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/canep...-1s1canepa.html

Good column. He messed up on one point, though: USC just signed a 25-year lease that specifically prohibits an NFL team from moving to the Coliseum without their permission.

Money talks. U$C would GLADLY share the Coliseum with an NFL team if the price was right. Especially considering it would be a temporary move while a new stadium was built.

Don't forget the guy who wants to build a state-of-the-art stadium in City of Industry, just outside LA.