Trade JP

Mickey

I know, it sounds crazy and that is what I thought when I first head the idea but then all the radio show callers after the game and the talking heads convinced me otherwise after listening to their flawless logic in advocating that we trade Travis Henry by Tuesday.

They decided, oh so wisely, that it was time to turn over the rushing future of this franchise to McGahee on the strength of one decent half of running against a team that is 0-6 and thus, Henry should be traded without delay before the deadline on Tuesday.

That got me thinking. Using the same genius, I reasoned that since Bledsoe just had a good game, we should probably trade JP quick, before the deadline as well as Henry. I know it is only one game and it was against the 0-6 Dolphins but still, since one game is enough proof to anoint Willis, it should also be enough to re-anoint Bledsoe.

Seriously, Willis had a nice game and certainly, we need to see more of him on the field, maybe even starting but trade Henry by tommorow???? I'm thinking maybe not. One game doth not a career make.

I know, it sounds crazy and that is what I thought when I first head the idea but then all the radio show callers after the game and the talking heads convinced me otherwise after listening to their flawless logic in advocating that we trade Travis Henry by Tuesday.

They decided, oh so wisely, that it was time to turn over the rushing future of this franchise to McGahee on the strength of one decent half of running against a team that is 0-6 and thus, Henry should be traded without delay before the deadline on Tuesday. 

That got me thinking.  Using the same genius, I reasoned that since Bledsoe just had a good game, we should probably trade JP quick, before the deadline as well as Henry.  I know it is only one game and it was against the 0-6 Dolphins but still, since one game is enough proof to anoint Willis, it should also be enough to re-anoint Bledsoe.

Seriously, Willis had a nice game and certainly, we need to see more of him on the field, maybe even starting but trade Henry by tommorow????  I'm thinking maybe not.  One game doth not a career make.

74213[/snapback]

The funny think is, had Henry had the exact same game....the usual suspects on this board would be talking about how he can't get in the end zone....on at least 3 tries....was it more. i saw the game think that not getting in the end zone for Willis is par for the course with this team and Oline. By not scoring a TD does that reveal something about Willis? No. does it vindicate TH not having a rushing TD? Maybe...maybe not.

Getting a hundred yards rushing against the worst team in the NFL may not speak volumes. It is a great start for Willis but it doesn't make him the god among men many here seem to be claiming.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds at TBD.

Amen.

Don't get me wrong, Willis had a good game but now is not the time to trade depth at any one position just because someone new to the lineup played well. This is why TD drafted WM, to add depth in case of an injury. Basically the same situation with McGee for Vincent, Price for Jennings, Tucker for Teague and so on. You don't trade depth just because you "think" that your depth is worth something to someone else. It doesn't work that way. If, say the Bills were to trade Travis today for a draft pick and WM's knee goes out in the first quarter next week against Baltimore, would you feel comfortable with Joe Burns and Shaud Williams as legitimate starters in the for the rest of the season???

Getting a hundred yards rushing against the worst team in the NFL may not speak volumes.  It is a great start for Willis but it doesn't make him the god among men many here seem to be claiming. 

74220[/snapback]

Miami does NOT have the worst DEFENSE in the NFL. WM wasn't playing against the Miami offense. Why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp?

That's cool, I have no problem with TH getting 2-3 touches a game while Willis takes a breather. :w00t:

74263[/snapback]

As long as he brings Willis his water when he comes to the bench (after scoring a TD, no doubt)!

Seriously, if Joe Burns starts games at RB this season, the Bills are in serious trouble. We should consider that before talking about trading either RB.

Miami does NOT have the worst DEFENSE in the NFL.  WM wasn't playing against the Miami offense.  Why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp?

74248[/snapback]

Their rushing defense is ranked 26th. Because their offense struggles so much, the defense is on the field more than they should be which is one way having a bad offense can make it easier for the other teams offense to produce. The point is that the yards were not as impressive as they might have been if we had been playing a better team.

Their rushing defense is ranked 26th.  Because their offense struggles so much, the defense is on the field more than they should be which is one way having a bad offense can make it easier for the other teams offense to produce.  The point is that the yards were not as impressive as they might have been if we had been playing a better team.

74441[/snapback]

OK, but the Jags and Raiders are no offensive juggernauts either, and Miami is at least as good as those teams defensively.

It is also worth noting that Miami actually had the advantage in Time of Possession yesterday prior to the last drive.