It's a lot...

What is Quantum Physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of science that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described by the Quantum Theory. There are five main ideas represented in Quantum Theory:

Energy is not continuous, but comes in small but discrete units. 1

The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves. 2

The movement of these particles is inherently random. 3

It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known, the less precise the measurement of the other is.4

The atomic world is nothing like the world we live in. 5

While at a glance this may seem like just another strange theory, it contains many clues as to the fundamental nature of the universe and is more important then even relativity in the grand scheme of things (if any one thing at that level could be said to be more important then anything else). Furthermore, it describes the nature of the universe as being much different then the world we see. As Niels Bohr said, "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."

....not alot!

I'm always amazed how the spelling police sit and wait to give out a "spelling ticket" on TBD. It is worse then route 90 in here. I pretty much suck at spelling. However, I do not struggle with the "a lot" or "alot" mix up. However since you brought it to my attention I will throw it into my bag of misspelled words. Thanks I appreciate that... alot!

Please get over it. life is too short to spell check everything. I'm sorry I am not as anal on my spelling as you are. I figure you don't have the luxury of having a secretary fix your spelling errors for you. Sucks for you.. sucks alot!

Possibly - is your dad's box just for red pencils, or is the box itself actually red?

Just for red pencils, one time I put a yellow pencil (I think it was a 2H) in it and he was pissed. He actually took my index finger and ran it through the sharpener; it is now the finger I use to pick my nose because I can get right in there with it.