Supreme Court strikes down D.C. handgun ban

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ruling just came down this morning. The DNC and moveon.org probably haven't emailed out the talking points yet

But they have enough land leased that they're not drilling, why give them more! Oh, wait, wrong talking point? Sorry...

The Messiah has spoken: I was against it before I was for it, err, wait a minute, I'm uh, uh?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politic...dates-guns.html

You figure it out. Either way, watch out for the hypnotized, because if you dare say something critical...well you know what happens...and it isn't good!

Obama in '08 Baby!

Wait McCain Pro Guns... SHOCKER!!! Seriously I love how this is a black and white for many people. No one can see and understand the sides point.

I'd like to answer, pBills. But tomorrow - it's getting late in the evening. Also, I don't know what a "sides point" is.

Wait McCain Pro Guns... SHOCKER!!! Seriously I love how this is a black and white for many people. No one can see and understand the sides point.

So how does Obama feel? Here is what he answered on the Liberal Survey that he allegedly didn't fill out. :wallbash:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7312.html

The real shocker will be when he actually states his position with clarity instead of trying to be on both sides of the issue. Why be ashamed of your political views?

Gotta love that 'change we can believe in!

Go Obama '08!

Don't get me wrong... I am all for the ruling that the Supreme Court just passed down... No matter what, stuff like this will still happen:

Joliet

JOLIET, Ill. -- A 3-year-old boy died after apparently shooting himself while playing with a gun Wednesday.

Julius Rogers was pronounced dead in the emergency room at Silver Cross Hospital at 1:40 p.m., roughly an hour after he shot himself in his home, on Cass Street, in Joliet.

Police Chief Fred Hayes said the boy's mother told detectives she was in the kitchen when she heard a shot come from the living room. She found the boy had been injured and rushed him to the hospital.

We should never throw the "baby out with the bath water"... Even if is means losing a 3 year old or 3,000 people. The wording in the 2nd outweighs these negative aspects.

I'm a big proponant of the 2nd Ammendment. It pains me to hear stories like that though. How in the hell does a responsible gun owner allow that to happen? I'm not a huge fan of Australia's gun laws, a matter of fact is I can't stand them, but the one and only thing I like about em is a mandatory gun safe.

I'm a big proponant of the 2nd Ammendment. It pains me to hear stories like that though. How in the hell does a responsible gun owner allow that to happen? I'm not a huge fan of Australia's gun laws, a matter of fact is I can't stand them, but the one and only thing I like about em is a mandatory gun safe.

She doesn't know where it came from, the handgun was reported stolen... The question is: How does a responsible mother let other less responsible people into their child's life?

We should never throw the "baby out with the bath water"... Even if is means losing a 3 year old or 3,000 people. The wording in the 2nd outweighs these negative aspects.

That's quite an argument; allowing people to have handguns is worth the sacrifice of all the kids who die from handgun accidents. The NRA should put that on a bumper sticker.

That's quite an argument; allowing people to have handguns is worth the sacrifice of all the kids who die from handgun accidents. The NRA should put that on a bumper sticker.

Yeah, who cares about the enumerated powers in the Constitution? We must think of the children. And hot dogs. And apple pies. I guess we can decide about the Chevrolets at a later date.

Hold the parents responsible for negligence. Bottom line. How does someone not know how a stolen pistol gets into their house? That is the problem here-someone STOLE a weapon and it was found by a child.

Speaking for self, along with gun ownership comes responsibility. My weapons are kept in a gun safe that my kids do not know the combination to. Before touching any weapon they must recite the four safety rule of weapons handling to me...no kidding. I taught them to shoot at a young age.

It's just like driving a car. I've been impressing upon my oldest the great responsibility that earning a drivers license entails. Unfortunately for him he won't be getting his permit until at leat the end of next semester because he earned himself an 'F' in Spanish the final semester of the school year. I told him, if he's not responsible enough to earn decent grades, how can I trust him with a greater responsibility?

I know this is waaay off topic...sorry.

If you applied that same logic evenly, it seems to me that the United States government should ban automobiles, as they kill significantly more people than firearms do in this country every year. Where would you put your bumper sticker?

So how does Obama feel? Here is what he answered on the Liberal Survey that he allegedly didn't fill out. :wallbash:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7312.html

The real shocker will be when he actually states his position with clarity instead of trying to be on both sides of the issue. Why be ashamed of your political views?

Gotta love that 'change we can believe in!

Go Obama '08!

I care how he votes, and when he had the oppotunity to vote on a bill that would allow the govt. to confiscate weapons in a state of emergency, he voted against it. Unlike my wonderful NY senator who is supposedly a "conservative" Democrat. :wallbash:

At any rate, it's a good ruling although I still roll my eyes at how everyone brings up hunting. The constitution makes no mention of it, and it shouldn't be used as a basis for the defense of the 2nd ammendment.

Yeah, who cares about the enumerated powers in the Constitution? We must think of the children. And hot dogs. And apple pies. I guess we can decide about the Chevrolets at a later date.

The power of Constitution should be protected. However, with that being said there still should be limits and regulations in place to protect the children, hot dogs and apple pie. It should never be black and white situation.

I care how he votes, and when he had the oppotunity to vote on a bill that would allow the govt. to confiscate weapons in a state of emergency, he voted against it. Unlike my wonderful NY senator who is supposedly a "conservative" Democrat. :wallbash:

At any rate, it's a good ruling although I still roll my eyes at how everyone brings up hunting. The constitution makes no mention of it, and it shouldn't be used as a basis for the defense of the 2nd ammendment.

The ruling itself placed the reasoning squarely in the corner of self-defense, though. The hunting argument has always been a spin placed on the amendment by anti-gun types in order to justify more and more regulations. Their idea of being pro-gun is to allow everyone to have a musket, the weapon available in the 18th century. Of course, I can only imagine the number of people who would kill or injure themselves with these due to improper loading.