Lynch To Plead Guilty on Friday

dgr81

Probably? Probably? So you have as little faith in Lynch learning from this experience as I do.

I learned long ago to stay away from absolutes like "he'll never do this again." But if you'd like to make a bet...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for taking the bait. So I guess someone getting picked-up for DUI should be able to "hide behind a lawyer" even after repeated offenses, because he/she didn't have a victim. Isn't that what you're saying here? Or is it only a crime when there's a victim, but only in certain circumstances, and which don't involve just speeding?

WTF? :thumbsup:

What you and the court of public opinion believes means little in the grand scheme. Lynch got a slap on the wrist, will still make millions, still be cheered-for loudly when he scores TD's, and probably won't "run over" anyone else.

If it means so little, than you should stop caring that I still believe Lynch hit-and-run the victim.

WTF? :thumbsup:

Where is the victim when someone gets picked-up for DUI without having injured anyone? And spare me the "speeding isn't like DUI..."

If it means so little, than you should stop caring that I still believe Lynch hit-and-run the victim.

I don't care. I just like arguing. :wallbash:

Applying logic to the case, combined with all physics theories, a 7000 pound vehicle going about 10-20 mph that hits a woman and knocks her to the street with any degree of severity causes more than two large hip bruises and a seven stitch cut, all three of which could have been caused by the pavement and not the car.

Great point. It's just a shame the police can't come up with any charges against her for so clearly damaging poor Marshawn's car. I think jail time might be the only way to teach someone whose compass is that far out of calibration. On top of that, her failure to come forward and apologize to Marshawn's automobile leaves the stench of her cowardice hovering over the whole thing. I think it's all tied in to abandoning the guillotine as a form of preventative punishment- or are they still using that in Canada?

Great point. It's just a shame the police can't come up with any charges against her for so clearly damaging poor Marshawn's car. I think jail time might be the only way to teach someone whose compass is that far out of calibration. On top of that, her failure to come forward and apologize to Marshawn's automobile leaves the stench of her cowardice hovering over the whole thing. I think it's all tied in to abandoning the guillotine as a form of preventative punishment- or are they still using that in Canada?

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Good one

I think that anyone trying to go out of their way in defending Lynch in this case is just making a bad arguement. At the very least it was Lynches car that was involved in this thing and so there is no way he does not accept some responsibiity here.....

On the flipside of this I dont hate him, I WILL cheer for him on Sunday. I just hope that he learns from this lesson and we dont have any more incidents. Lets not forget that even our greatest bills have not been angels......Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas.....probably more.

I dont want a bunch of thugs on this team (and I am not calling ML a thug) but I DO want talent on this team. Lynch, Hardy for example are talented players that can help us win.

:thumbsup: Good one

I think that anyone trying to go out of their way in defending Lynch in this case is just making a bad arguement. At the very least it was Lynches car that was involved in this thing and so there is no way he does not accept some responsibiity here.....

I haven't seen one post/poster saying that Lynch doesn't have some responsibility since it was his car that hit the victim, much less that it wasn't his car or he wasn't the driver. The point of contention is whether he knew he hit her +/- was drunk at the time.

I dont want a bunch of thugs on this team (and I am not calling ML a thug) but I DO want talent on this team. Lynch, Hardy for example are talented players that can help us win.

The choice isn't quite so stark as to either "lose with pride" or "win with shame*", but I for one am no fan of the direction we're taking. I can still remember when we had questions about whether Eric Moulds was a fit in Orchard Park because he'd ordered a pizza delivered to a college practice.

Lynch's record as a scofflaw is utterly convincing, and the Hardy "experiment" might turn out to be a bigger problem than that. Granted we're not talking about PacMan Jones here, but I don't think Rae Carruth was considered PacMan-like prior to his , uh, "untoward decision".

Let's hope this season goes on without any further incidents leading to any story that has Lynch or Hardy and arrest as their theme. And our 7th round draft pick had better find out RIGHT NOW what "squeaky clean" means if he has any intention of playing a down of regular season football in this league.

The choice isn't quite so stark as to either "lose with pride" or "win with shame*", but I for one am no fan of the direction we're taking. I can still remember when we had questions about whether Eric Moulds was a fit in Orchard Park because he'd ordered a pizza delivered to a college practice.

Lynch's record as a scofflaw is utterly convincing, and the Hardy "experiment" might turn out to be a bigger problem than that. Granted we're not talking about PacMan Jones here, but I don't think Rae Carruth was considered PacMan-like prior to his , uh, "untoward decision".

Let's hope this season goes on without any further incidents leading to any story that has Lynch or Hardy and arrest as their theme. And our 7th round draft pick had better find out RIGHT NOW what "squeaky clean" means if he has any intention of playing a down of regular season football in this league.

I guess I am just tired of watching our team miss the playoffs for the sake of having "high character"

High character does mean something to me.....but why cant we have both?

We do have a lot of high character guys on this team though......

So Moulds was a model citizen? :thumbsup:

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Bills' Marshawn Lynch has admitted he was behind the wheel of his SUV when he hit a woman and left the scene a month ago.

Lynch apologized to the victim Friday before heading into the Department of Motor Vehicles office to plead guilty to a traffic infraction -- failure to exercise due care.

The plea was part of a deal reached by Lynch's lawyer and the Erie County District Attorney's office last week that will allow the running back to avoid a criminal charge.

The deal was announced shortly before a grand jury was to begin hearing testimony from Bills players and executives to determine whether Lynch was driving the Porsche Cayenne in the city's bar district early on May 31.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

He's guilty of failing to avoid hitting the victim with his car, which is the charge to which he's agreeing. What he's not agreeing to is being drunk or knowing he hit her, and there is no evidence to suggest either of those are true.

You keep saying there is no evidence but that is not true. While we don't have a blood test or a videotape of him drinking there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that he was drinking.

You keep saying there is no evidence but that is not true. While we don't have a blood test or a videotape of him drinking there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that he was drinking.

Really? Like...what?

Do you think that if there were evidence, the DA would have accepted a plea deal for a traffic violation?

I am seen someone get a clean hit with an suv (last year while on a business trip in Chicago) and believe me, you know when you hit someone and also know that this was not a clean hit, because you do not walk away from a clean hit with one of these vehicles. The man made a mistake - no one was seriously injured or killed, let's move on. There are many lessons for him to learn from this. Young drivers, especially men, are ALWAYS doing something stupid behind the wheel - that's why you have to practically take a second mortgage on a house to pay auto insurance when your teenage son begins to drive. Let's all be glad it wasn't more serious. NY state is notorious for not punishing these types of crimes too harshly. If he develops a pattern, then we have a problem here. Given the circumstances, I don't think jail is necessary (jail, leading to an incarceration record can a have VERY counterproductive effect sometimes). This had to be a rather traumatic experience for him as well - I understand that he has not been 'in trouble' before. Give the guy a break. For those of you who fret about the wealthy and famous getting better legal deals - welcome to America, where it DOES matter who you are and where you come from - let's play ball.

I am seen someone get a clean hit with an suv (last year while on a business trip in Chicago) and believe me, you know when you hit someone and also know that this was not a clean hit, because you do not walk away from a clean hit with one of these vehicles. The man made a mistake - no one was seriously injured or killed, let's move on. There are many lessons for him to learn from this. Young drivers, especially men, are ALWAYS doing something stupid behind the wheel - that's why you have to practically take a second mortgage on a house to pay auto insurance when your teenage son begins to drive. Let's all be glad it wasn't more serious. NY state is notorious for not punishing these types of crimes too harshly. If he develops a pattern, then we have a problem here. Given the circumstances, I don't think jail is necessary (jail, leading to an incarceration record can a have VERY counterproductive effect sometimes). This had to be a rather traumatic experience for him as well - I understand that he has not been 'in trouble' before. Give the guy a break. For those of you who fret about the wealthy and famous getting better legal deals - welcome to America, where it DOES matter who you are and where you come from - let's play ball.

:thumbsup: