Lego's secret vault

/dev/null

That is cool! :D:rolleyes:

Between the sets I had as a youth in the 1970's, my nephew's in the 1980's-90's, and my son's of today... I have to say that there are so many different pieces. Yet, I have noticed that a lot of pieces have been duplicated to fit into all kinds of sets. That said, I know there are some pieces that my son would kill to have!

Riiiiight. A successful chef without creativity and imagination. :rolleyes:

Just think how much of a better chef you would be!

We have a balcony upstairs that contains nothing but Lego... Aside from the constant sound of rummaging (we don't have the bugger's organized by piece: futile endeavour, left only to the narotic parents out there... :P ), I am amazed at the stuff my son assembles! And, not so amazed! :w00t:;)

Anyway... Dollar for dollar, I think children and parents get the best bang for the buck with regards to quality time spent with the item vs. any other toy out there... The time spent actually using the Lego I suspect blows the doors off of anything else out there! Well, maybe not video games. :D

Just think how much of a better chef you would be!

We have a balcony upstairs that contains nothing but Lego... Aside from the constant sound of rummaging (we don't have the bugger's organized by piece: futile endeavour, left only to the narotic parents out there... :P ), I am amazed at the stuff my son assembles! And, not so amazed! :rolleyes::w00t:

Anyway... Dollar for dollar, I think children and parents get the best bang for the buck with regards to quality time spent with the item vs. any other toy out there... The time spent actually using the Lego I suspect blows the doors off of anything else out there! Well, maybe not video games. :D

;)

The only lego set I ever actually put the entire thing together was the ninja set. Most of the time my brother and I would just stack all the pieces into one big tower with a hole in the middle big enough to drop Lego guys through. Then we would smash the tower. It was a lot of fun on a rainy day.

Then we got Mike Tyson Punch Out and stopped with the Legos permanently.

If you're into it, Legoland is an amusement park north of San Diego that has amazing dioramas of cities and national landmarks. Great place to take the kids.

It also has one of the most amazing water parks ever. They have a giant three- or four-story clubhouse with a ginormous bucket over the top. Water is run up to the bucket, and when it gets filled, it tips over onto the clubhouse and a shiitload of water is dropped all over everyone.

The park itself is really cool, but we probably spent two hours at the water park...including a pirate ship ride that has water cannons on it, as well as around the ride, so people can shoot water at the people on the ride, and the people on the ride shoot back. My son was in his glory...and I had a pretty damn good time, too.

Gay? I'm confused. Did you look at a box of legos and imagine making a giant lego penis or something?

Compared to the erector sets of my youth, yeah, they were gay.

George Carlin could have done a Erector Set vs. Lego Set bit a la Football vs Baseball.

Why don't you mention that to the waiter at the next restaurant you dine at.

Whats the waiter going to do unless he is really good friends with the cook or doesn't like my out of work actor comments directed towards them?

As a kid I was a fan of any toy that I got to build stuff out of. Lego's, Erector Sets (up here they called them Mechanos) Constructs, In fact, I think I still have most of them in my moms basement

Isn't that the same defense the Dungeons and Dragons guys use?

Legos are fun but they're not really my thing. My brother in law is nuts for them and has a room in his house for them.

I was told no when I asked the girlfriend if I could have a lego room in the house, she said I could have legos if I want, but not a room, apparently garage and a small corner in the basement are all the rooms I get in my own house, lol

My dad's parents lived in Germany when I was a kid and would send me Lego sets on my birthday and at Christmas. That was in the mid 70s and before (I believe) Lego was really very big over here. I enjoyed the hell out of building everything, but once I was done I always felt like, "now what?" I remember thinking how neat it was when I finally got the set that included the motor.

I think all of that stuff is still in my parents' basement.

Anyway, Legos are cool.

Isn't that the same defense the Dungeons and Dragons guys use?

D&D guys (who are much older than kids that play with Legos) use D&D as excuse to prove they are more creative etc than those who don't play D&D

Kids that play with Legos on the other hand, are actually using their brains while they build stuff. Figuring out how to take all those little pieces to build something is good for a kids brain. Helluva lot better than a Transformer/GI Joe/Pokemon/whatever the new fad toy is

Granted that's just my opinion. I don't have kids of my own to prove that. But thinking back to when I was a kid and how my parents told me they raised my brother and I...Legos, Lincoln Logs, Erector Set (heheheheh Erector), and reading books

Whats the waiter going to do unless he is really good friends with the cook or doesn't like my out of work actor comments directed towards them?

As a kid I was a fan of any toy that I got to build stuff out of. Lego's, Erector Sets (up here they called them Mechanos) Constructs, In fact, I think I still have most of them in my moms basement

Ever see the movie "Waiting"? Apparently not...

Lesson #1-Do not !@#$ with your waiter!

Kids that play with Legos on the other hand, are actually using their brains while they build stuff. Figuring out how to take all those little pieces to build something is good for a kids brain. Helluva lot better than a Transformer/GI Joe/Pokemon/whatever the new fad toy is

When we're discussing little kids and legos I agree. When we're discussing my 31 year old brother -in-law and his Lego Room complete with Death Star and Millenium Falcon it gets a little silly.

Anything that encourages free and unscripted play is a good thing. Too many things today are formulaic in nature, or even Pavlovian (hit button, get reward). legos, blocks, matchbox cars, the Thomas the Train wooden train set my son has, etc. All these things encourage imaginative play which is good.

When we're discussing little kids and legos I agree. When we're discussing my 31 year old brother -in-law and his Lego Room complete with Death Star and Millenium Falcon it gets a little silly.

If you married his sister, while he's playing with his Millenium Falcon you slip his wife your light saber. If he married your sister, while he's playing with his Millenium Falcon you go up and kick the kitty in the nuts.

If you married his sister, while he's playing with his Millenium Falcon you slip his wife your light saber. If he married your sister, while he's playing with his Millenium Falcon you go up and kick the kitty in the nuts.

Kitty?? Kitty??? What the hell is this? I type pu**y and it automatically get's changed to kitty? What is this Saturday afternoon on channel 5??

My dad's parents lived in Germany when I was a kid and would send me Lego sets on my birthday and at Christmas. That was in the mid 70s and before (I believe) Lego was really very big over here. I enjoyed the hell out of building everything, but once I was done I always felt like, "now what?" I remember thinking how neat it was when I finally got the set that included the motor.

I think all of that stuff is still in my parents' basement.

Anyway, Legos are cool.

You tear it apart and build something from scratch... Just because it is a set, doesn't mean it has to stay that set forever.

My son does that and we encourage him. Now my nephew (other nephew that gave a few sets) never really got into them according to my sister-in-law... She would be so narotic about keeping the set together and in the original box... She shipped them off to my son and he just piled them right into the numerous RubberMaid boxes.

The funny thing? My nephew comes to visit... He plays with the Lego. My sister-in-law is amazed, she said he wouldn't play with the Lego at their house!

Now I wonder why?

Parents are the reason.

Child: "I want to build a castle in the sky!"

Parents: "Here is the paper and pencil, let's draw it up!"

Unfortunately... Some parents don't take that approach.

:wallbash::wallbash:

Shiit like that always makes it back to the kitchen.

Just killing your own business... I could care less, what I don't know doesn't bother me... And I am not the one that will worry sick over stupid stuff.

Now if the food tasted like crap or I got sick... I would sure as hell spread it around to as many people as I could... And of course never return.

I just don't see what the threat is?... Eating out is a luxury that many people could do with out and should have they have a valid reason not to promote a place, more power to them.

So, in conclusion... I would tell the waiter to stick in his fat arse and hurry up Garcon! Tell the chef to put a step on it and cook for my repeat business!

Well, not really... I am not that much of a d*ck... ;);)

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

You tear it apart and build something from scratch... Just because it is a set, doesn't mean it has to stay that set forever.

My son does that and we encourage him. Now my nephew (other nephew that gave a few sets) never really got into them according to my sister-in-law... She would be so narotic about keeping the set together and in the original box... She shipped them off to my son and he just piled them right into the numerous RubberMaid boxes.

The funny thing? My nephew comes to visit... He plays with the Lego. My sister-in-law is amazed, she said he wouldn't play with the Lego at their house!

Now I wonder why?

Parents are the reason.

Child: "I want to build a castle in the sky!"

Parents: "Here is the paper and pencil, let's draw it up!"

Unfortunately... Some parents don't take that approach.

:wallbash::wallbash:

They are just preparing them for the real world, where they will need to draw up the plans to apply for the proper building permits prior to construction

They are just preparing them for the real world, where they will need to draw up the plans to apply for the proper building permits prior to construction

:D<_<

Now, if your child comes to you and says: "I want to build a new Peace Bridge." That is when you turn around and RUN! Screw the creativity and esteem!

:(

:):cry:

Now, if your child comes to you and says: "I want to build a new Peace Bridge." That is when you turn around and RUN! Screw the creativity and esteem!

:w00t:

Well seeing as how I don't have any kids yet and probably wont for atleast a few more years, my eventual kids will still have a chance to get in on the prelimenary planning of designing the bridge that will replace/twin span the existing bridge.