Steve Johnson the only other passenger in Lynch's car

VOR

WOW! OK! Well, that is interesting. Not sure what to think about that. I guess this is better for Lynch. IF Johnson was driving, instead of coming off as a hit and run driver, he will come off as a loyal friend who didn't want to get his friend in trouble. However, Lynch still could have been the driver.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks BAD, but if Lynch wasn't driving, that does change some things.

Where does it say Johnson was driving? It says that he was in the vehicle but makes no claim about him driving.

On the other hand, there is a section that states, "The District Attorney says the agreement is predicated on the fact that Lynch was driving the hit and run sport utility vehicle"

Where does it say Johnson was driving? It says that he was in the vehicle but makes no claim about him driving.

On the other hand, there is a section that states, "The District Attorney says the agreement is predicated on the fact that Lynch was driving the hit and run sport utility vehicle. The District Attorney says the agreement is predicated on the fact that Lynch was driving the hit and run sport utility vehicle."

beat me to it, damn i type too slow

:lol:

beat me to it, damn i type too slow

:lol:

This is why I believe there should be a qualifying test for voting in presidential elections. I swear too many people are swayed by misleading headlines and often don't examine the content of the full article before drawing a conclusion. What's worse is it's then parroted and repeated enought that it becomes "fact".

I often quiz my elderly mother-in-law to see what she thought she heard after one of these tv news stories. You'd be surpised how often I have to set it straight for her with actual facts and demonstrate how she was being misled by a clever turn of a phrase by media types who have their own agenda.

I suspect the poster who started this thread has to move his lips when he reads. That should always be the dead give-away that bad information can't be far behind.

Ummm not seeing where it says Johnson was driving, especially since the article says that Lynch's deal is predicated on it being Lynch who was behind the wheel.... nothing says Johnson was driving the car

:blink:

It says it where I said it says it. :lol:

It says it where I said it says it. :lol:

Headline: "Driver of Marshawn Lynch's SUV revealed."

First story: News 4 has learned that Steve Johnson was the other player in the car. No mention of driver.

Second story:

The District Attorney says the agreement is predicated on the fact that Lynch was driving the hit and run sport utility vehicle.

Clark says no other person or persons are being investigated in connection with the hit and run accident during which Lynch's SUV hit and injured a female pedestrian from Canada in Buffalo's entertainment district. Clark confirms that another person was in the Lynch vehicle at the time of the accident, but will not name that person.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone can read that and come to the conclusion that Johnson was driving, but it isn't working for me. Help me out here.

Try taking a reading class. What part of "According to the headline" can you not read or understand? Geez.

Are you really this dense? The headline reads "Driver of Marshawn Lynch's SUV revealed" -- yet the article reveals nothing of the sort. We learn only that Steve Johnson was "in" the vehicle, and that Marshawn is the only player facing charges. How you interpret that to imply Steve Johnson was the driver of the SUV is beyond me. If anything, the headline is misleading, and you've compounded the confusion by drawing an illogical conclusion.

The inference is that Johnson was driving. The headline states "Driver of Marshawn Lynch's SUV revealed." Then it starts-off with "Frank Clark won't tell us who was in Marshawn Lynch's Porsche SUV. But, Friday night, News 4 has learned it was his close friend, Buffalo Bills' Wide Receiver Steve Johnson." But I can see that it was more likely a poorly organized article which should have started-off talking about Lynch and not Johnson.

Are you really this dense? The headline reads "Driver of Marshawn Lynch's SUV revealed" -- yet the article reveals nothing of the sort. We learn only that Steve Johnson was "in" the vehicle, and that Marshawn is the only player facing charges. How you interpret that to imply Steve Johnson was the driver of the SUV is beyond me. If anything, the headline is misleading, and you've compounded the confusion by drawing an illogical conclusion.

What, did you sit there hitting refresh 20 times in a row after posting your initial reply? I posted that and deleted it almost immediately.

Although their headline is vague, I wouldn't call it misleading. I know what VOR is trying to do here, but it still isn't working for me.

That headline doesn't belong on that article.

The Lynch hardliners are still grasping at straws to vindicate him. Just accept that he was driving and move on, it's over.

There is a difference between a Lynch hardliner and a Fact hardliner. As you age, you'll be able to tell the difference, too, so be patient, Skippy.

There is a difference between a Lynch hardliner and a Fact hardliner. As you age, you'll be able to tell the difference, too, so be patient, Skippy.

Well the FACT of the article then is that Johnson was only in the car, not the driver. Nowhere in the article does it say tha Johnson was the driver.