Who are some other players who were charged...

He has not even been charged yet and yes the cops know where he is if they want to charge him. He is being tried in the press including by the cops with press releases. Let the process procede before determining him guilty of anything.

He has not even been charged yet and yes the cops know where he is if they want to charge him. He is being tried in the press including by the cops with press releases. Let the process procede before determining him guilty of anything.

Thats not my point, Im just looking for examples of what actions the NFL has taken during similiar circumstances.

Goodell will come down historically hard on Marshawn. It's a golden opportunity for him to do so.

The punishment will have a name that will live in infamy.

Going forward, years from now, players, fans and pundits alike will refer to another player suffering a similar punishment by the Commissioner as them, "being Lynched."

:blink:

This isn't a court of law, the guy is being given due process and the media is being kind, IMO. We on the other hand, are free to speculate based on what we know. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Jared Allen was given a 4 game suspension for 2 DWIs in a 2 month span (and he still owned a bar throughout the whole process--a regular Einstein). It was reduced to 2 games because he showed contrition (again, all the while still owning a bar). I think that if it's found that Lynch hit the girl, knew he hit the girl and drove off, then a fair punishment from the League would be the 2 games Allen ended up actually serving, but that's just MHO.....

PS Not sure if Allen had a history prior to his events or not--if he did, then I'd reconsider Marshawn's punishment and go easier on him, as he doesn't have anything in terms of prior history while in the League (I don't count his getting shot at in a case of mistaken ID or the charges that were dropped against him by an ex-girlfriend, as those charges were just that--dropped.)

In Allen's case, he got nailed for a repeated offense, not to mention within a short timespan. I can see Marshawn playing the "I didn't know I hit her" angle and not facing a suspension.

Jared Allen was given a 4 game suspension for 2 DWIs in a 2 month span (and he still owned a bar throughout the whole process--a regular Einstein). It was reduced to 2 games because he showed contrition (again, all the while still owning a bar). I think that if it's found that Lynch hit the girl, knew he hit the girl and drove off, then a fair punishment from the League would be the 2 games Allen ended up actually serving, but that's just MHO.....

PS Not sure if Allen had a history prior to his events or not--if he did, then I'd reconsider Marshawn's punishment and go easier on him, as he doesn't have anything in terms of prior history while in the League (I don't count his getting shot at in a case of mistaken ID or the charges that were dropped against him by an ex-girlfriend, as those charges were just that--dropped.)

What does owning a bar have to do with anything?