Madden disrespects the bills again

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you guys want to find out our record for this season, simply look at the ratings, if a team is 7 points better than us, chalk up a loss, if its less than 7 flip a coin, if we are 7 better put a win.

Madden is a fun game but not real football, lighten up if your hear is broken over some ratings on a video game.

Seriously, what the hell has Edwards done to deserve a higher rating? Really! Get the rose colored glasses off. He's barely not a rookie who has played very little and not done a whole lot when he's been in there. In addition, he didn't have big numbers in college.

I just object to people who haven't played a down (or more than a handful) being ranked higher than him - who played very well as a rookie. Don't think that I actually get worked up or anything about it though.

Wouldn't a QB need to put up some points in order to rate high in Madden?

Do you remember how the Jets D put Trent in his place until JP came in and bailed him out with a "W" (that counted as a "W" for Trent as a starter)?

Enough said.

Yah I can't believe JP is not a 99? oh yah I think Lee Evans might have played a small role :thumbsup:

Todd Collins 85

Matt Ryan 83

Brady Quinn 82

Chris Redman 82

Joe Flacco 79

Josh McCown 79

Tarvaris Jackson 79

Trent Edwards 79

Kyle Boller 78

Brodie Croyal 78

:thumbsup:

Cool, way to go!! Tied with Flackjacket Joe & Josh red nose McClown

Wouldn't a QB need to put up some points in order to rate high in Madden?

Do you remember how the Jets D put Trent in his place until JP came in and bailed him out with a "W" (that counted as a "W" for Trent as a starter)?

Enough said.

Bailed him out? JP threw up a hail mary into double coverage, and Lee just happened to come down with it. Not to mention both defenders fell and he could just walk into the endzone.

Why is everyone embarrassed to admit they are upset over this?

I'll be the first to admit I don't like it. Is it just a Madden game? Sure. But its the continuing disrespect around the country towards the Bills. Millions, yes millions, of people play this game. I'm also mad that Madden gets paid to do this, but doesn't know how to rate players as good as the average fan. By no means do I think this is a testament to how good the players on our team actually are. I could care less in relation to real life. The problem is, I hate that the Bills players get no respect... come on, look at that list of QBs above!

Why is everyone embarrassed to admit they are upset over this?

I'll be the first to admit I don't like it. Is it just a Madden game? Sure. But its the continuing disrespect around the country towards the Bills. Millions, yes millions, of people play this game. I'm also mad that Madden gets paid to do this, but doesn't know how to rate players as good as the average fan. By no means do I think this is a testament to how good the players on our team actually are. I could care less in relation to real life. The problem is, I hate that the Bills players get no respect... come on, look at that list of QBs above!

Madden himself definitely doesn't rate the players, though he can put in his two cents if he wants to. If you look at a lot of the other player ratings on the Bills they actually look pretty good - McGee a 93 is very generous, I would have him about 87/88. Edwards, in my book, should be maybe only 2 or 3 points higher anyway since his body of work is still pretty small.

lmao... Brady Quinn, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, guys who've never taken the field, all the same or better than Trent. Oh well... Time to prove 'em wrong TE.

I like the upgraded OL, with Butler getting the not with 83

Shame that Action is only a 79, figured he'd get at least an 80 :-\

Knew that Sweed would get better than Hardy, but TMcGee with a 93!? and GW tied with Ko with 83... at's what I'm talkin about...

When I play, I try to play with the worst team possible, to make it a little more challanging.

Thank God for you that we have Edwards.

Do you know if you can play him with no gloves in September and with gloves when it is too cold for him starting October 1st?

Trent Edwards gets a 79 rating, tied with tavaris jackson and josh mccown for 2nd worst among starting qbs. Brodie Croyle gets a 78. We've got no shot with this guy at the helm.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...-?urn=nfl,85538

Actually, after looking at all of the ratings and being an avid Madden player.................

Offense: http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-con...ings/billso.jpg

Defense: http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-con...ings/billsd.jpg

I'm not unhappy at all with these ratings.

The only low-ball ratings IMO have been assigned to players who have either been injured or are young and unproven at this point.

I only strongly disagree with McCargo's rating, he should be pushing 85+, you can't win them all though.

Actually, after looking at all of the ratings and being an avid Madden player.................

Offense: http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-con...ings/billso.jpg

Defense: http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-con...ings/billsd.jpg

I'm not unhappy at all with these ratings.

The only low-ball ratings IMO have been assigned to players who have either been injured or are young and unproven at this point.

I only strongly disagree with McCargo's rating, he should be pushing 85+, you can't win them all though.

Agreed. I'm an avid madden player as well, and these rankings are kind of expected. I figured trent would be around the 80 mark with Losman being about a 78-79. You are correct. Madden overrates high fist rounders, and overrates old vets who have definitely lost a step.

The real issue i have is with McCargo. Not so much that his rating should be higher, but there's no way that Kyle Williams should be rated higher. Anyways, you can always edit the ratings to make them whatever you wish.

Agreed. I'm an avid madden player as well, and these rankings are kind of expected. I figured trent would be around the 80 mark with Losman being about a 78-79. You are correct. Madden overrates high fist rounders, and overrates old vets who have definitely lost a step.

The real issue i have is with McCargo. Not so much that his rating should be higher, but there's no way that Kyle Williams should be rated higher. Anyways, you can always edit the ratings to make them whatever you wish.

Wow. Why bother playing it in the first place then? That's like declaring that all my pawns on the chessboards are Queens. Victory is assured... :rolleyes: