Pressure Building for punishment in new Pats* scandal

AKC

Doesn't sound too different than any other industry, other that they don't sell you a tangible product. But they still sell you stuff on the guise that everything is on the up and up. To me there's no difference in Congressional involvement to clean up mobbed up operations or any other scams that defraud consumers.

You may as well ask Congress to kick their own teeth over nothing that aids them. None of them are jumping on board with the 'ole Waffle. They stuck their fingers in the wind, and detected no compelling breeze.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish, but really.. one article does not equal pressure on the NFL.

every NFL city should organize a ban against the Patriots games..It wont ever happen but could you imagine 16 NFL games a year with no fans in the stadium..LOL..

You may as well ask Congress to kick their own teeth over nothing that aids them. None of them are jumping on board with the 'ole Waffle. They stuck their fingers in the wind, and detected no compelling breeze.

That (whether they want to do something) is another matter entirely (from whether they should do something).

every NFL city should organize a ban against the Patriots games..It wont ever happen but could you imagine 16 NFL games a year with no fans in the stadium..LOL..

It would only be 8 games. Pats* fans would still go to the home games. There does not seem to be even one Pat* fan who is outraged by Bill* & his cheating ways, instead they wish death & cancer on Walsh, Spector & anyone else who dare speak up about the cheating the Pats* have done.

Mike Florio from ProFootballTalk.com wrote the opinion. I have trashed the site numerous times over the years...but I may have been too harsh...Its actually pretty decent--the last year or so I think Florio is actually trying to balance the need to break news with some thoughtful analysis.

Thoughtful analysis = stuff I agree with. :lol: (Not just picking on you. A great many of us here do the same thing.)

But what if Tucker's claim is corroborated, too? And what if an investigation reveals that the Patriots have been using injured players in practice for most of the Bill Belichick era? Can Goodell really do nothing further to the team at that point, especially since he made it clear last year that the Patriots had a chance to come clean, and that any future evidence of undisclosed cheating would result in harsh sanctions?

If he doesn't call more players that were formerly Pets* and ask them about the injured reserve practicing he's sweeping it under the rug. If he does call and hears from two of them that it was going on then Tucker makes three and Bellysickened should be suspended for one year and the club hit with the loss of another first round pick. :thumbsup: Not so much for the infraction as much as the cover-up when they had a chance to come completely clean.

Doesn't sound too different than any other industry, other that they don't sell you a tangible product. But they still sell you stuff on the guise that everything is on the up and up. To me there's no difference in Congressional involvement to clean up mobbed up operations or any other scams that defraud consumers.

Good point. :thumbsup:

It will go away.

The NFL has on its side:

- several cities that dole out taxpayer's money giving a free place of business for a private business based on votes cleverly garnered by NFL p.r. campaigns targeted to folks already on the tax-free dole (no skin off their hide). And some of these cities or counties have bond debentures outstanding. So no rocking of the boat by them.

- there is a bunch of media outlets with broadcast contracts, clout, advertising coming into the till, and campaign cash to fork over. They won't report things against their pecuniary interests.

- the historically cheesy and waffling Senator from Pennsylvania aside, no other members of our native aristocracy are picking up the cause.

- fans' clamoring for tickets continues.

So true!

It all points the fact that we as Americans have too much time on our hands nowadays... Think about the 1919 "Black Sox"... Do you think that would ever go today where it went years ago?

This Pat* stuff is just as big, if not bigger and more systemic.

I will probably get flamed... But what the heck. We all hear how awful it is when taxpayers have to foot the bill for many an NFL team's stadiums. Isn't this the flip side of the argument. Kraft foot the bill in New England*... Doesn't this lead to the "win at all cost or the ownership will fail" mentality that has become so entrenched with the Pats*?

It would only be 8 games. Pats* fans would still go to the home games. There does not seem to be even one Pat* fan who is outraged by Bill* & his cheating ways, instead they wish death & cancer on Walsh, Spector & anyone else who dare speak up about the cheating the Pats* have done.

Are you talking about the actual 14,521 fans who suffered through the lean years wearing their colors nationally while the "real" Boston* fans were buying only Sox/Bruins/Celts jerseys and tickets, or the scumbags like Hollywood Donahoe who found himself a fan of their team somewhere around 2002?

I will probably get flamed... But what the heck. We all hear how awful it is when taxpayers have to foot the bill for many an NFL team's stadiums. Isn't this the flip side of the argument. Kraft foot the bill in New England*... Doesn't this lead to the "win at all cost or the ownership will fail" mentality that has become so entrenched with the Pats*?

I honestly think Kraft wasn't in on it. It's disturbing that he seems to condone it by not firing Bellysickened but I don't think he knew about it originally.

I honestly think Kraft wasn't in on it. It's disturbing that he seems to condone it by not firing Bellysickened but I don't think he knew about it originally.

The fact he hasn't Fired Belacheat* makes Kraft an accessary after the fact, even if he didn't know about it beforehand.

Are you talking about the actual 14,521 fans who suffered through the lean years wearing their colors nationally while the "real" Boston* fans were buying only Sox/Bruins/Celts jerseys and tickets, or the scumbags like Hollywood Donahoe who found himself a fan of their team somewhere around 2002?

I'm talking about both, I feel sorry for the true fans, but the truth is they are as bad as the bandwagoners when it comes to owning up to the fact their team* CHEATED.

Agreed. It is just too hard to imagine that a guy that bragged about defrauding the Sullivan ownership by sneaking his buddies into the stadium for free would be tolerant of any form of cheating.

Agreed. It is just too hard to imagine that a guy that bragged about defrauding the Sullivan ownership by sneaking his buddies into the stadium for free would be tolerant of any form of cheating.

Exactly. A guy who tried to extort a new stadium out the state by threatening to move the team would never stoop so low as to try and line his pockets with a win-at-all-costs attitude. Real stand up guy, that Krafty Bob.

yes, but think about it this way...

Kraft is a hands-on owner who's very involved with the team. So imagine Jeremiah Jones goes on IR and of course Kraftie is absolutely aware of this.

Two months later JJ is out there practicing. Kraft almost definitely sees him on the practice field and he has to know.

Of course this is total conjecture, but I have a hard time believing Kraft is oblivious to practicing injured players.

I hate the patriots more than anyone, but some of you guys need to pick better battles - you look as pathetic as pats fans. If sneaking someone into the old stadium is something you are going to fault him for you may as well be picking on jerry jones for underage drinking in high school.

Doesn't sound too different than any other industry, other that they don't sell you a tangible product. But they still sell you stuff on the guise that everything is on the up and up .................... scams that defraud consumers.

So my pet peeve yesterday. Come home from Wegmans with my favorite ice cream, and paid the usual price. Put it in the freezer next to the old one and notice, what the heck, it's SMALLER. Down from 1.75 qts to 1.5, but the price is unchanged. ;):unsure:

The company's logic being our customers are so stupid, lets put this one over them. Nice appreciation of your customer

So my pet peeve yesterday. Come home from Wegmans with my favorite ice cream, and paid the usual price. Put it in the freezer next to the old one and notice, what the heck, it's SMALLER. Down from 1.75 qts to 1.5, but the price is unchanged. ;):unsure:

The company's logic being our customers are so stupid, lets put this one over them. Nice appreciation of your customer

Well...how does the company you work for pay for your salary raises? :(

I saw this in a book about making a self-employed career in computer work:

"We offer...

INNOVATIVE DESIGNS

LOW PRICES

HIGH QUALITY

FAST RESULTS

...pick any two, and let's talk.".

Ain't it the truth? :D