Wow...did everyone drink the kool-aid today?

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar.  I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance.  I am shocked to see all the happy posts!  I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

McGahee...This guy was doing ZIP until the end of the game.  Even then, he had no breakaway speed.  He got stuffed on two goaline series.  He may need another year to regain his top form, but I didn't think he blew Travis Henry away at all today.

Bills D...Putrid!  They were making Fifi Feidler look like Tom Brady there for a while.  And Sammy Morris???  He was SHREDDING our so-called "solid" defense.  They let the worst offense in NFL march all over them.  Can anyone make a tackle?  You use your hands...you don't hop in the air and land on a guy.

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls:  1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Moulds...Someone ought to open a big can of shut-the-f***-up on Eric.  Instead of flapping your gums to the refs, why don't you get together with your QB so you guys are on the same page once in a while!

Clements...One thing you are guarenteed to see every week...Clements mad at himself for dropping a sure INT.  How about working with the JUGS machine once in a while, Nate?

Coaching...I want to give Coach Mullarkey every benefit of the doubt, but I am concerned at the overall lack of discipline on the Bills.  This goes beyond the awful penalties.  (which are still a problem)  I'm talking about a general lack of focus (dropped passes) and seeming unprepared week after week.  We expect the team to show some improvement.  The Bills actually look worse!

Bledsoe...He actually played a better game for once, but his accuracy is still bad.  And he still locks onto one receiver: 2nd quarter throwing to Mark Campbell in triple-coverage that was nearly intercepted.  Still only 13 points scored bythe O.

Sorry for p*ssing on everyones victory celebration.

PTR

73059[/snapback]

My GOD man......we were 0 and friggin FOUR........we just got our first win, and it was against the Fins.....a RB went over 100 yds....Moulds was right at 100 yds....Drew looked good.....we held them to 13 pts.....we got sacks....what is wrong with you? So it wasn't perfect......just enjoy it for what it was - a WIN.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Houston.  I have to watch the Patriots games side-by-side with the Bills games.  It only magnifies how bad we suck.  The Pats are a friggin' football machine where mediocrity is not tolerated. 

73071[/snapback]

The Dolphins D is about as good as the Bills D...in other words, they stink.

Well, let see. The Pats played the dolphins last week, and only beat them by 14 points. We won by ten, and if we wanted could have added either 3 or 7 at the end of them game.

Last week: Fiedler threw for 251 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

This Week: Fiedler threw for 156 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

Last Week: Brady Threw for 76 yards, 2TD's, and 1INT

This Week: Bledsoe Threw for 212 yards, 1 TD and NO Int's

Last Week: Miami Ran for 70 Yards

This Week: Miami Ran for 111 Yards

Last Week: NewEngland Ran for 135 yards

This Week: Buffalo Ran for 137 yards

Last Week: New England had 1 INT and forced 3 Fumbles (Rec. 1)

This Week: Buffalo had 1 INT for a TD and Forced 4 Fumbles (Rec. 0)

Stats look pretty similar between the "football machines" and the team that sucks.

Your point is a bad one. The 4 losses suck, but just friggin enjoy the win.

Make no mistake, the Dols have an excellent defense again, now that Tim Bowens is back in the lineup. Losing Jay Williams and then him was killer for them. And with Marcus Price protecting Drew's blindside from Jason Taylor and the Dols only getting 1 sack (by David Bowens, not Taylor), is pretty good I'd say. And if you want to whine about Bledsoe's accuracy, take the drops and wind into account. The announcers (Tasker and Criqui) were saying that FG's had to be down at about th 10-yard line to be assured of being made.

Bottom line is it was an ugly win and I'm not doing cartwheels, but I'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. The Bills will hopefully start getting healthy again and start putting it all together. So I'm not as disappointed as you, but also not as happy as some.

Well, let see.  The Pats played the dolphins last week, and only beat them by 14 points.  We won by ten, and if we wanted could have added either 3 or 7 at the end of them game.

Last week:  Fiedler threw for 251 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

This Week:  Fiedler threw for  156 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT

Last Week:  Brady Threw for 76 yards, 2TD's, and 1INT

This Week:  Bledsoe Threw for 212 yards, 1 TD and NO Int's

Last Week:  Miami Ran for 70 Yards

This Week:  Miami Ran for 111 Yards

Last Week:  NewEngland Ran for 135 yards

This Week:  Buffalo Ran for 137 yards

Last Week:  New England had 1 INT and forced 3 Fumbles (Rec. 1)

This Week:  Buffalo had 1 INT for a TD and Forced 4 Fumbles (Rec. 0)

Stats look pretty similar between the "football machines" and the team that sucks.

Your point is a bad one.  The 4 losses suck, but just friggin enjoy the win.

73136[/snapback]

I've got a stat for you: The Pats just won their 20th straight game today, and we got our first win since almost a year ago. What does that tell you?

PTR

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts in a while. You are certainly entitled to your opinion in how a 0-4 team snapped out of the shnide. If you had left it at that, and said, they won, but they didn't look pretty doing it, I'd not respond. But since you obliged us with your theories on why they sucked while winning, I'm compelled to respond

McGahee...This guy was doing ZIP until the end of the game.  Even then, he had no breakaway speed.  He got stuffed on two goaline series.  He may need another year to regain his top form, but I didn't think he blew Travis Henry away at all today.

Funny how you don't even think that McGahee being in in the entire 4th quarter is reason enough that Henry is done. How many times did Bills trust Henry's fingers when the game was on the line?

Read your point again - McGahee didn't do ZIP until the end of the game?

Well, duh. We've been missing a guy who can close the deal at the end of the game. It's the difference between winning ugly & losing ugly. Don't dismiss the end of the Jax game, when McGahee was also on his way to icing it (save for a bad call on Villareal)

Bills D...Putrid!  They were making Fifi Feidler look like Tom Brady there for a while.  And Sammy Morris???  He was SHREDDING our so-called "solid" defense.  They let the worst offense in NFL march all over them.  Can anyone make a tackle?  You use your hands...you don't hop in the air and land on a guy.

I missed the 1st half, but in 2nd half, the seemed to make the plays they needed to make. Convenient for you to ignore a 1st & goal that turned into a 4th & at the 10.

Replays... 1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Maybe it's the people drinking in bars that aren't paying attention to the rulebook?

Moulds...Someone ought to open a big can of shut-the-f***-up on Eric.  Instead of flapping your gums to the refs, why don't you get together with your QB so you guys are on the same page once in a while!

Like a key 23 yd pass play at the end of the 4Q?

Coaching...I want to give Coach Mullarkey every benefit of the doubt, but I am concerned at the overall lack of discipline on the Bills.  This goes beyond the awful penalties.  (which are still a problem)  I'm talking about a general lack of focus (dropped passes) and seeming unprepared week after week.  We expect the team to show some improvement.  The Bills actually look worse!

Again, haven't seen the 1st half yet, and it seems that your anger set in then, and you can't give them credit for turning it around. Tasker was critical of MM for taking the ball in 2nd half (so was I) But I have to concede that MM made the right call - as Bills got a quick 10 pts. The execution in 2nd half was excellent, and this team was ready to play.

PTR

73059[/snapback]

Not mine. I'm happy as hell, and I finally see the fruits of what this team has been putting together. Henry on the sideline, Shaw in neverneverland, blitz pickups by RB, clutch catches by TEs, sacks from the D-line.

Guest Guest_hardy pyle_*

PTR is correct...we played liked crap against another crap team, and proved we were slightly better. Take away the free 7 points and some great work by Willis late in the game and we'd be 0-5.

Our defense is awful, our offense is awful.

We will be lucky to win another game this year. We bad.

outshined willis?? how do you figure? willis had more yards and more importantly had more yards when it mattered. sammy started getting stuffed when the game was on the line.

73115[/snapback]

Morris was a complete no-show in the second half.

I missed the 1st half, but in 2nd half, the seemed to make the plays they needed to make.  Convenient for you to ignore a 1st & goal that turned into a 4th & at the 10.

73151[/snapback]

That was HUGE! Great to see the D step up in crunch time like that! :devil:

I've got a stat for you:  The Pats just won their 20th straight game today, and we got our first win since almost a year ago.  What does that tell you?

PTR

73147[/snapback]

It tells me you have now given up on your original argument and are starting a new one. You said the win today was ugly and the Pats were football machines and Miami's D stunk...etc.

My argument was that the Bills beat the Dolphins almost exactly the same as the Patriots, so todays game should not be considered ugly. It should be considered a damn win.

Now, if you want to start a new debate about which team is better, the Bills or Pats, you will have to find someone else. The answer right now is of course the Pats. But, that has nothing to do with with todays game.

I just finished watching the Bills/Fins at my local sports bar.  I went online to see what my fellow Bills fans had to say about, what I thought was, pretty poor performance.  I am shocked to see all the happy posts!  I mean we were all desperate for a win, but you can't possibly be pleased with what you saw today!

Replays...They waste one early on the Moulds drop, (more on Moulds later) and missed to obvious reversable calls:  1) The Dolphins fumble in the 3rd quarter.  Replay clearly showed the ball dropping to the ground and the Bills recovering.  2) The kickoff out of bounds in the 4th quarter.  The Dolphins return man, who was standing out of bounds, touched the kickoff while IT WAS STILL INBOUNDS!!  It should have been 'Fins ball inside the 10, not at the 40.  Who is deciding what calls to challenge, and why aren't they paying attention???

Clements...One thing you are guarenteed to see every week...Clements mad at himself for dropping a sure INT.  How about working with the JUGS machine once in a while, Nate?

Bledsoe...He actually played a better game for once, but his accuracy is still bad.  And he still locks onto one receiver: 2nd quarter throwing to Mark Campbell in triple-coverage that was nearly intercepted.  Still only 13 points scored bythe O.

PTR

73059[/snapback]

Go Away...

as for Bledsoe's bad accuracy, would you rather have feebler one-hopping passse to our WR's?

I've got a stat for you:  The Pats just won their 20th straight game today, and we got our first win since almost a year ago.  What does that tell you?

PTR

73147[/snapback]

It tells me that you think it's ok for the Pats to win ugly, but not the Bills.

PTR

73147[/snapback]

That helps his case, not yours, dude. The Bills outshined the Patriots (a very good team, so good they just won 20 in a row) in every statistical category under very comparable circumstances, with one exception: The Bills O outplayed the Patriots with 30 MPH wind that cost them one field goal and a vertical passing game.

That tells me the Bills played a good game.

PTR is a closet Patsie fan.  I am guessing he is hanging out with NG and t-bone to root for NE is secret.  Comes here to comment on the Bills and how bad they look, no matter what.

73142[/snapback]

That's a pretty stupid thing to say. If I'm such a big Pats fan, why would I care about how the Bills played? I can't stand the Pats, but you have to open your eyes eventually and admit it when a team other than your own is very good, especially when you play them twice a year. The Bills will never make the playoffs unless they manage to beat the Pats, and that isn't looking too likely in the foreseeable future.

PTR

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.  If I'm such a big Pats fan, why would I care about how the Bills played?  I can't stand the Pats, but you have to open your eyes eventually and admit it when a team other than your own is very good, especially when you play them twice a year.  The Bills will never make the playoffs unless they manage to beat the Pats, and that isn't looking too likely in the foreseeable future.

PTR

73182[/snapback]

ok, so if went 14-2 next year and lost both games to the pats we wouldnt make the playoffs...who the hell pissed in your cheerios today?

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.  If I'm such a big Pats fan, why would I care about how the Bills played?  I can't stand the Pats, but you have to open your eyes eventually and admit it when a team other than your own is very good, especially when you play them twice a year.  The Bills will never make the playoffs unless they manage to beat the Pats, and that isn't looking too likely in the foreseeable future.

PTR

73182[/snapback]

True, not with the zebras screwing them out of 17 points like a couple weeks ago, or allowing their DB's to maul WR's 15 times in a single game. No the Bills aren't there yet where they can beat the Pats AND the zebras, but hopefully when all the injured players (save Teague who is likely out awhile) comeback, they'll be there.