I admit it I agree with Belichick's statements to ESPN

He said:

Belichick acknowledged that he violated NFL rules prohibiting filming opponents signals but insisted there was no intent to hide what he was doing.

"I made a mistake," he said in the interview. "I was wrong. I was wrong."

Further, it seems bizarre to me that anyone who wants to purport they are an objective investigator would destroy critical evidence, I also agree with these Goodell statements:

"I didn't accept Bill Belichick's explanation for what happened," Goodell said Tuesday, "and I still don't to this day."

This sounds pretty straight-forward to me and there has yet to be any statement I have seen from the Pats of why an independent investigation of this situation should not take place.

He said:

Belichick acknowledged that he violated NFL rules prohibiting filming opponents signals but insisted there was no intent to hide what he was doing.

Further, it seems bizarre to me that anyone who wants to purport they are an objective investigator would destroy critical evidence, I also agree with these Goodell statements:

"I didn't accept Bill Belichick's explanation for what happened," Goodell said Tuesday, "and I still don't to this day."

This sounds pretty straight-forward to me and there has yet to be any statement I have seen from the Pats of why an independent investigation of this situation should not take place.

So, to summarize:

- you agree with Belichick when he said he was wrong;

- it was bizarre for Goodell to destroy evidence yet claim he was objective;

- you agree with Goodell that you don't accept Belichick's explanation (except, I guess, the part where he said he was wrong since the thread title says you agree with Belichick's statements);

- you haven't heard anything from the Pats to dissuade you from wanting an independent investigation.

So you agree with Belichick's statements, except where Goodell disagrees with him. But Goodell's actions are bizarre. Got it.

I am getting dizzy trying to follow this, but I do agree that more investigation is needed. Great post!

He said:

It is funny that Goodell would say he still doesn't accept Bellicose's statements but would go ahead and destroy the tapes and not investigate any further. I say strap the bastad Pets* HC to a chair and hook up a lie detector and let ESPN, CNN, Fux, MSNBC and Animal Planet film it!

As for the independent investigation the NFL just wants it to go away. They'd be put between a rock and a hard place if it was learned that substantial cheating took place before any of the Pets* SB's. The opposing teams fans would be screaming to have the results overturned. There could be lawsuits and as Kramer said it would open an Endora's box of problems.

So you agree with Belichick's statements, except where Goodell disagrees with him. But Goodell's actions are bizarre. Got it.

I am getting dizzy trying to follow this, but I do agree that more investigation is needed. Great post!

Yeah, that is fairly on target.

Like many a Bills' fan, I completely disagree with how BB is handling this and talking about after his falt statement what he did was wrong wrong (his double emphasis).

Goodell comes off as completely nonsensical as he states that he does not accept BB's statement of what happened to this day, but BB shows no regret or remorse over the fact that the Commissioner feels that BB misled him (As President Jorge has shown most people translate this word "misled" into the same thing as he lied, but there are clearly worlds where one beat little official consequences for lying).

For once I actually agree with Greg Easterbrook, who is a special Saturday Tuesday Morning QB column called for BB's suspension from football for a year or more.

This almost certainly will never happen as the simple fact seems to be that BB has called the NFL out and its fine of $500K though substantial in NFL history and for us normal folk seems to be chump change for BB (and certainly definitely is chump change for Bob Kraft who almost certainly is subsidizing BB to just say HA to the concept of sportsmanship).

If BB truly had what many NFL fans not blinded by love for their team (if it was Marv who lost his bearings and was the one caught doing what BB did and is doing I am sure I would blindly defend him as many Pats fans are defending BB) feel he should do is simply resign in the face of him doing something which even BB admits was wrong wrong (again his double emphasis).

In the face of BB not showing the gonads to do the right thing and simply resign, the NFL if it had the gonads to support principle over the dollar would simply suspend him for a year as it does many players who transgresses on purpose, due to accident (someone put something in my sports drink), or illness.

More accurately just as Pete Rose was banned for life for putting into question the integrity of the game (a situation which could not be proven in a court of law but which the MLB took action due to its own investigation and the case was proven in the court of public opinion) it would not strike me as unreasonable to ban BB from the game for even longer than a year.

belichick has and is always been a"cheat" since he started coaching..............in the giants-bills superbowl he had players faking injuries so he could change his defensive personal.he has just about every player on the team listed on the injury report every week of the season...he tapes games so that he knows the calls to get his genius status...they jam other teams radios so they cant get their plays in...they(patriots)have been accused of having more than one radio signal at their games.he had brushi fake a injury against the colts to stop the clock and then on the next play after brushi had to sit one play he ends the game.i am pretty sure i read somewhere that coach jimmy johnson(dallas cowboys) said that belichick told him how to slow down kelly's no huddle by taping the bills signal way back then...and subsequently the cowboys started taping signals..............this guy definately needs a one year ban!

Yeah, that is fairly on target.

Like many a Bills' fan, I completely disagree with how BB is handling this and talking about after his falt statement what he did was wrong wrong (his double emphasis).

Goodell comes off as completely nonsensical as he states that he does not accept BB's statement of what happened to this day, but BB shows no regret or remorse over the fact that the Commissioner feels that BB misled him (As President Jorge has shown most people translate this word "misled" into the same thing as he lied, but there are clearly worlds where one beat little official consequences for lying).

For once I actually agree with Greg Easterbrook, who is a special Saturday Tuesday Morning QB column called for BB's suspension from football for a year or more.

This almost certainly will never happen as the simple fact seems to be that BB has called the NFL out and its fine of $500K though substantial in NFL history and for us normal folk seems to be chump change for BB (and certainly definitely is chump change for Bob Kraft who almost certainly is subsidizing BB to just say HA to the concept of sportsmanship).

If BB truly had what many NFL fans not blinded by love for their team (if it was Marv who lost his bearings and was the one caught doing what BB did and is doing I am sure I would blindly defend him as many Pats fans are defending BB) feel he should do is simply resign in the face of him doing something which even BB admits was wrong wrong (again his double emphasis).

In the face of BB not showing the gonads to do the right thing and simply resign, the NFL if it had the gonads to support principle over the dollar would simply suspend him for a year as it does many players who transgresses on purpose, due to accident (someone put something in my sports drink), or illness.

More accurately just as Pete Rose was banned for life for putting into question the integrity of the game (a situation which could not be proven in a court of law but which the MLB took action due to its own investigation and the case was proven in the court of public opinion) it would not strike me as unreasonable to ban BB from the game for even longer than a year.

The point is Levy NEVER would have done that. I think you're right that the cheating thing would be played down by Bills fans if they had a similar run and were found to be taping games with a HC as charismatic as BB. Of course Tasmanian Devils have more charisma than BB.

When BB was with Cleveland he called a meeting of all the people who worked in the peripheral areas of the team. Secretaries, travel arrangers etc. etc.. He held it in the lockerroom. One would think the purpose of such a meeting would be to thank them for all of their hard work but remember this BB. The meeting was called so he could tell them all how much they sucked, that he didn't need them, they all were doing lousy jobs and so BB could have the thrill of doing something like that.

The guy is the biggest Richard in the NFL. He's got Al Davis beat so bad that Davis can't even see BB's backside from where he is.

He said:

Let's recap the Homeless Hoodie for a second:

- He was caught multiple times and told to stop videotaping

- Ted Johnson accused him of forcing him to practice with a concussion

- He had an affair with a married woman

- He runs off the field before the game ends

- He ran up scores when games were well in hand

- He has man boobs

- He robs homeless guys for clothes

So why in the world would you believe this scumbag??? :ph34r:

- He

belichick has and is always been a"cheat" since he started coaching..............in the giants-bills superbowl he had players faking injuries so he could change his defensive personal.he has just about every player on the team listed on the injury report every week of the season...he tapes games so that he knows the calls to get his genius status...they jam other teams radios so they cant get their plays in...they(patriots)have been accused of having more than one radio signal at their games.he had brushi fake a injury against the colts to stop the clock and then on the next play after brushi had to sit one play he ends the game.i am pretty sure i read somewhere that coach jimmy johnson(dallas cowboys) said that belichick told him how to slow down kelly's no huddle by taping the bills signal way back then...and subsequently the cowboys started taping signals..............this guy definately needs a one year ban!

That "injured" player was Willie McGinest, not the Zeus of football Bruschi, the rest is dead on. That was clearly the biggest fake I have ever seen.