Bored? Look at this crap...

Thanks for wasting two minutes of my life. No, wait. That should have been aimed at the author of that tripe.

From the subhed: "Ralph Wilson wants to get rid of his Buffalo bills soon. Will Toronto be the victor in the bid for an NFL team?"

Immediately contradicted in the lede with, "Eighty-nine-year-old Buffalo Bills owner, Ralph Wilson, has stated that he does not want to sell his team until he passes, declaring that inheritance and estate taxes are simply too much for him to deal with."

Further: "almost 50% of their ticket sales coming from southern Ontario." False. Next time, make a phone call or two and find out the REAL number. (FYI, according to Business First writer Rick Maloney, southern Ontario accounts for roughly 10% of season ticket sales. Last year, that would have meant approximately 4,800 seats. Be generous and add 10,000 of the roughly 25,000 single-game tickets available for each game last season, and you still barely get 20% of the stadium's total seating.)

More: "Wilson has been trying to convince the state and Erie County (the location of the Bills’ arena, Ralph Wilson Stadium) to help him build a new venue for nearly ten years, which hasn’t seen much progress."

Untrue. Wilson no longer believes a new stadium will make a difference in the team's situation. This has been noted in multiple stories by the local beat writers.

"He recently signed a deal with the city of Toronto which would see his Bills play a pre-season game here in 2008, and at least one regular season game in 2009."

Wrong, and wrong. The deal is with Ted Rogers and Larry Tanenbaum, not the city. The schedule -- one preseason game in 2008, 2010, and 2012, and one regular-season game in each of the next five years -- has been out for some time.

Quoting sportstalk hosts for expert analysis: sometimes a good idea, sometimes not.

"Also, there are already two teams in California, the Oakland Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers, both of whom are fairing dismally."

Fer crissakes. THREE teams in California. San Diego Chargers, anyone? And it's "faring."

Study harder, Mr. Seth.

"I've always been more interested in writing fiction over non-fiction"

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. :unsure:

I'm not gonna lose much sleep over what some college freshman has to say about the Bills chances of staying at RWS.

Where did this a$$clown get his "facts"?

50% of tickets sold are to Canadians?

Ralph has been asking the state and county to build him a new stadium for the past 10 years????

Poor fan base?

OK, i just wasted to much time and energy on this loser!

"A team placed in the second smallest media market in all of the United States, if moved two hours north, could be placed in the largest media market in all of Canada and the fourth largest media centre in North America."

Umm, Buffalo is not the second smallest media market in all of the United States. Second smallest market in the league maybe.

"A team placed in the second smallest media market in all of the United States, if moved two hours north, could be placed in the largest media market in all of Canada and the fourth largest media centre in North America."

Umm, Buffalo is not the second smallest media market in all of the United States. Second smallest market in the league maybe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_telev...by_media_market

The North Platte, NE Bills

I may have the police at my house after the post I left him in his comments section......thanks for the link to this douchebags personal blog

How am I missing the comments section? I added a comment but can't seem to find a link for viewing what others have left.

How am I missing the comments section? I added a comment but can't seem to find a link for viewing what others have left.

No one who is a "member" of that site has posted a response yet hence no replies posted. If you click on reply "NOTE: Because you are not a Suite101 member, your comment will be moderated before it is viewable." Moderation not being editing before posting otherwise editor would have had author correct poor logic.

No one who is a "member" of that site has posted a response yet hence no replies posted. If you click on reply "NOTE: Because you are not a Suite101 member, your comment will be moderated before it is viewable." Moderation not being editing before posting otherwise editor would have had author correct poor logic.

Good to hear - I thought I was just missing the link to the "comments" section.

It always amazes me that the Bills are considered a small market and a small media market. The last time I was in Toronto the hotel had Buffalo stations on the TV. So shouldn't Toronto's population be figured into our market size? If you put a compass point on Orchard Park and drew a 75 mile radius (TV Blackout rule), Buffalo would then be considered a big market.

While I do not believe the Bills when they say the games in Toronto are a move to increase Canadian fans, it really would be a good idea if it were true. Only way I will believe it is when Ralph sells the team to local interests, renegotiates a lease or starts plans on a new stadium (waterfront or Niagara Falls)

I know you've been getting reemed out by Bills fans everywhere after your extremely uninformed article about the "moving to Toronto" so I'll go easy on you bro'. You obviously don't know much about the NFL in general or you would've known that there are 3 teams in California. The one you forgot almost made it to the Super Bowl and that would be the San Diego Chargers. You need to do actual research if you're going to transition from journalism "student" to an actual "journalist" unless you're trying to get on with "The Enquirer" or "Globe" publications. They fabricate alot of stuff......... just like you. The problem here lies deeper within the context of the U.S. versus Canada in alot of Canadiens eyes, not the Bills milking the city of Toronto (which I hear is very nice by the way, per Willis McGahee, but you probably don't know who that guy is anyway soooo moving along). Your license, or permission, or note from your mommy, or whatever it is that gives you the privilige of touching a keypad to fashioning something resembling a group of sentences should be permenantly suspened, revoked, or torn in pieces (if it was a note from your mommy that gave you permission) immediately. I hope you do better on your exams than you did this article there Sac.............................Hold on, I just thought of something...........I hope you didn't do this article for some sort of grade. Well, on the other hand, I hope you did. LOL, goooooo Sac!!!

This is a copy of my e-mail sent to "Sac Himself" :ph34r:

The person that wrote the 1st article is a real tool. The last paragraph he says California has 2 football teams- the Raiders & 49'ers. I guess the Chargers must have moved out of Cali & no one told us.

And don't forget LA's pro football program USC :ph34r:

hey

sachin seth here.

you guys should cool down. my facts are right. the stuff u think is wrong was changed by the sports editor who thought what he knew was right. i changed it back, changes should be up by tuesday.

And yes to the last post, i submitted it for grading, got a 90% and got is published in the campus paper. Ryerson is the best Journalism school in Canada so I think I know a bit more about reporting and the importance of truth in news than you all do.

So thanks for the nice wishes. And btw, your team is going to move. deal with it. Yea I know you are buffalo fans and you think it won't happen, you think RWS will be there forever and so will the Bills. They won't, they'll leave soon. Call me when you come up to T.O to watch a Bills game in a few years.

And cool it guys, douchebag isn't constructive criticism. If you want to show that you're civilized, act civilized.

Douchebag

hey

sachin seth here.

you guys should cool down. my facts are right. the stuff u think is wrong was changed by the sports editor who thought what he knew was right. i changed it back, changes should be up by tuesday.

And yes to the last post, i submitted it for grading, got a 90% and got is published in the campus paper. Ryerson is the best Journalism school in Canada so I think I know a bit more about reporting and the importance of truth in news than you all do.

So thanks for the nice wishes. And btw, your team is going to move. deal with it. Yea I know you are buffalo fans and you think it won't happen, you think RWS will be there forever and so will the Bills. They won't, they'll leave soon. Call me when you come up to T.O to watch a Bills game in a few years.

And cool it guys, douchebag isn't constructive criticism. If you want to show that you're civilized, act civilized.

:ph34r: Ryerson has about the same level of prestige as Devry.

LOL you know nothing about anything if you think that. The majority of the top sportscasters and journalists in Canada have graduated from Ryerson's Journalism and Broadcasting programs.

The Score, TSN and CBC Sports, along with other local stations are just a few of the places Ryerson Journalism and Broadcasting alum work. Get with the times, bro.

A degree from Ryerson Journalism equals a sure fire job in the media industry when you graduate, that's a fact. Step out of your bubble.

hey

sachin seth here.

The biggest hurdles to moving the Bills to Toronto (forget an expansion team since the Bills own a good portion of the Toronto viewing territory) are a) building a stadium that is NFL worthy, which will cost well over $700M and b) paying the relocation fee of about $300M, on top of the price of the team of about $800M. If Rogers et al are willing to pony up that kind of cash ($1.8B, and I'm being conservative), then it might happen. But there is supposed to be a group willing to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo who will make every effort to keep the team there long-term, needing only to spend the money on the team (they'll probably ask for the county to pay for major upgrades to RWS, but not a new stadium). The NFL would definitely sell it to that group rather than face the intense backlash over moving an established US team to another country. Now if they can't get that to work, then possibly a sale to Rogers, who will have to pay even more as the costs to build a stadium, buy the team, and move it rise.