Chris Matthews pummels conservative talk show host

I'm not really a Chris Matthews fan, but there's nothing like pounding a right wing radio commentator when they're clueless. Linkster

"You're making a reference to the days before our involvement in World War II when the war in Europe began," Matthews explained, before continuing his demand for an answer: "I want you to tell me now, as an expert: What did Chamberlain do wrong?"

James continued to dodge the question, simply calling Chamberlain an "appeaser."

Matthews charged: "Your problem, Kevin, is--you don't know what you're talking about. And you don't understand that there's a difference between talking to the enemy and appeasing."

watch the video, it's pure entertainment!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," the President said. "We have heard this foolish delusion before. As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is - the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

Why is Bush quoting other Republican's making stupid statements? Doesn't he make enough of his own?

William Edgar Borah (June 29, 1865 near Fairfield, Illinois – January 19, 1940 Washington, D.C.) was a prominent Republican attorney and longtime United States Senator from Idaho noted for his oratorical skills and isolationist views. One of his nicknames later in life was "The Lion of Idaho."

Borah may be best known today for having allegedly said, in September 1939, after Germany invaded Poland, "Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided."

The quote has been repeatedly cited as evidence of the alleged naivete of attempts to negotiate with one's enemies.

It's lovely that Jimmy Carter's former speech writer is employed full time to spew his leftist vitriol. When he was Tip O'Neill's top aide, he chuckled how the SOTH called Senator Robert Byrd, "Sheets". How cute.

What's amazing is that it isn't on Public "affirmative action" Television like Bill Moyers show is.

You remember Moyers. He's the LBJ aide and former press secretary who requested the FBI look into 15 members of Barry Goldwater's staff for homosexual activity and is the chief architect of the daizy a-bomb ad - which preceded the a Willie Horton ad by about 30 years.

It's lovely that Jimmy Carter's former speech writer is employed full time to spew his leftist vitriol. When he was Tip O'Neill's top aide, he chuckled how the SOTH called Senator Robert Byrd, "Sheets". How cute.

What's amazing is that it isn't on Public "affirmative action" Television like Bill Moyers show is.

You remember Moyers. He's the LBJ aide and former press secretary who requested the FBI look into 15 members of Barry Goldwater's staff for homosexual activity and is the chief architect of the daizy a-bomb ad - which preceded the a Willie Horton ad by about 30 years.

And who were past speech writers?

I think Ben Stein and Peggy Noonan?

:ph34r:

I used to like Chris Matthews, but the last couple years he seems to be getting full of himself

Even when Chris Matthews is "pummeling" some guy, he still can't get his facts right.

Full Transcript

JAMES: What happened to us in 9/11 is because all Bill Clinton did for years was talk, while we were attacked, over and over and over again.

MATTHEWS: Right.

GREEN: All right. All right.

JAMES: All right? We were attacked in ‘93. We were attacked in the Cole. We were attacked in the—with our foreign embassies.

And what happened? We ended up with 9/11, all right? And what‘s concerned—the world is concerned about what George Bush...

GREEN: Read Richard Clarke‘s book, because, for nine months—the president at 9/11 was not Clinton. It was Bush. And they did nothing, despite all the entreaties of the Clinton people.

JAMES: Watch “Pathway to 9/11,” Mark. Watch “Pathway to 9/11.”

(CROSSTALK)

MATTHEWS: Wasn‘t the USS Cole under—under Bush?

No. Awesome that Matthews is a moron even in the YouTube clip of him supposedly making someone else look stupid.

You think "turd blossom" for Rove or "Kenny Boy" for Ken Lay are any better?

I would assume that your vitriol for Moyers and things he's done is matched by your vitriol for Karl Rove, the swiftboaters and Lee Atwater. You might remember that Atwater was the guy who said to tell Michael Dukakis he was sorry while lying on his death bed.

I didn't know Moyers was such a Richard. That's interesting to find out. It really makes me view him much differently.

Even when Chris Matthews is "pummeling" some guy, he still can't get his facts right.

Full Transcript

No. Awesome that Matthews is a moron even in the YouTube clip of him supposedly making someone else look stupid.

He was off by 3 months. The Cole attack occurred on 10/18/2000. I'm not excusing his mistake but he has a much better command of history than that idiot Republican did. He also has a much better command of the word "appeasement".

BTW, off topic but always good to point out. Even though the Cole attack occurred three months before his inauguration he didn't hold a single terrorism meeting until 09/10/2001.

You think "turd blossom" for Rove or "Kenny Boy" for Ken Lay are any better?

I would assume that your vitriol for Moyers and things he's done is matched by your vitriol for Karl Rove, the swiftboaters and Lee Atwater. You might remember that Atwater was the guy who said to tell Michael Dukakis he was sorry while lying on his death bed.

I didn't know Moyers was such a Richard. That's interesting to find out. It really makes me view him much differently.

What?

Democratic Senator Byrd was a card carrying member of the KuKluxKlan and the Democratic Speaker of the House nicknamed him "Sheets".

That's f'n sick. If Byrd were a Republican he's have been out of office faster than you can say Bob Packwood.

Dukakis and Kerry were exposed for the weenies that they were. Oh, by the way, Robert McNamara has a new take on his war.

I'm sure your opinion of Moyers is more heroic now.

What?

Democratic Senator Byrd was a card carrying member of the KuKluxKlan and the Democratic Speaker of the House nicknamed him "Sheets".

That's f'n sick. If Byrd were a Republican he's have been out of office faster than you can say Bob Packwood.

Dukakis and Kerry were exposed for the weenies that they were. Oh, by the way, Robert McNamara has a new take on his war.

Totally agree and rightly so... Republicans will back up it up with policy actions... They can't have the benefit of doubt when righting a past wrong. If they want to ammend their ways, jump to the Dem party. It really is a one-way street.

:ph34r:

He was off by 3 months. The Cole attack occurred on 10/18/2000. I'm not excusing his mistake but he has a much better command of history than that idiot Republican did. He also has a much better command of the word "appeasement".

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

BTW, off topic but always good to point out. Even though the Cole attack occurred three months before his inauguration he didn't hold a single terrorism meeting until 09/10/2001.

Ah, so big, intrusive government sucks at prioritizing. I'm sure that's going to change when your party takes over, since they have no history...Right...

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Ah, so big, intrusive government sucks at prioritizing. I'm sure that's going to change when your party takes over, since they have no history...Right...

It sure does suck at prioritizing... But, who doesn't? ...Oh, I forgot, the perfect.

Seems like you will be the only one to be perpetually unhappy AD.

:ph34r::sick:

Both "sides" suck. I put that in quotes, because they really aren't side. The leadership of the "two"parties is the same people, and they laugh at the stupid conflict between the two sides,

What?

Can you read? I said Moyers was a Richard. I guess I need to decode that for you. I was calling him a di--. If you need help with the rest of that let me know.

Also, you ignore the history of the south which is that the racist and conservative people were anti-Republican due to Lincoln being a Republican. As time has gone on they have gravitated en masse to the Republican party because they found that the Republicans represent their views a lot better. (i.e. Strom Thurmond was a Democrat from 1954-1964 and then a Republican Senator from 1964-2003. Jesse Helms working for Democrats early in his career before running as a Republican in 1972.) A lot of the Democrats of that era were segregationist, again due to strong party affiliations after the Civil War.

"All the laws of Washington and all the bayonets of the Army cannot force the Negro into our homes, our schools, our churches." - Strom Thurmond during his only Presidential run in 1948.

"I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either," - Trent Lott

The main issue here is that if you make stupid statements and claim something about someone that isn't true it goes over a lot of peoples heads. Many of the average Americans don't understand the distinction well enough to realize that appeasement and diplomacy are two very different animals. It's typical Republican tactic. If you repeat a lie often enough it will become a fact. Like the W's missing from the computer keypad's when Bush entered office.

Ransom Stoddard: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Scott?

Maxwell Scott: No, sir. This is the west, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend. - The man who shot Liberty Valance.

If you think that both parties aren't stained by a-holes you're misguided. If you believe that the Dems have more you're really misguided. How about the Republicans systemically covering up a known pedophile within their own ranks. How about all the chickenhawks in the Republican ranks who can send poor kids to their deaths but did everything they could to avoid service and everything they can to keep their privileged kids out of Iraq?

The Republicans don't give a :ph34r: about you unless you're making over $250,000 a year. They want nothing more than to keep their wealth at the expense of the middle class and poor. I understand the rich voting for the Republicans but I have no idea why the middle class votes against their own interests.

The Republicans want to cut taxes for the rich a lot and the middle class a little, supposedly. Think about it because it doesn't add up. Let's say we went to a flat tax, a Republican favorite issue. It would be huge tax cut for the rich and a huge tax increase for the middle class, If you need X to run the government and your bringing in 60% of operating revenue from group A and 25% from group B and 15% from group C in order to keep X coming in you'll have to divide it up 33 1/3% for each bracket. Group A gets a 27% tax cut. Group B gets an 18% increase and group C gets a 28% increase.

While the idea of everybody paying the same is a quaint idea that sounds like it's really fair, it's not. Why should one group pay more because they're more successful? The answer is it's what makes this country the land of opportunity. It's the system that makes it possible to be upwardly mobile. Not everyone paying in the highest brackets are hard working people. Do you want to give Paris Hilton a 27% tax cut so you can subsidize her lifestyle with an 18% increase? If you want to keep America the land of opportunity then taxing the rich more is an economic necessity and the Republican's tout it as a being a policy that is friendly to the middle class but to forget to mention those things. Just like letting it slip their minds that this stimulus package is an advance on next years taxes. If you owe money next April it will be more by the amount of your stimulus check.

Which brings us to another interesting point. Why are they trying to stimulate the economy by giving out money to the middle class? In their world the people who don't need the money should pay less while the people who actually, spend the money should be getting tax increases. Let that carom around your noggin for awhile. It doesn't make any sense? The rich invest their money in stocks and I have news for you. If Bill Gates sells a million shares of Kodak and Steve Forbes buys a million shares it does jack squat for Kodak. I have no problem with lowering capital gains taxes that are made from the purchase of an IPO. That would help business expansion. I'm also for tax cuts to multi-national countries who keep the majority of their work forces in America.

Kerry was a weenie while in Vietnam saving a guys life ? Every single member of his swiftboat was backing him. The swiftboaters couldn't even lie well. They said that Kerry wrote his own performance review because it spoke of him glowingly and when it was proven he couldn't have because the initials on the report weren't his they never apologized and said they were wrong. So Kerry was a weenie while Dubya couldn't even report regularly for his cushy duty and I can't think of one Republican other than McCain that served in 'Nam and McCain is the most rational Republican in the party I'm aware of.