Chris Matthews pummels conservative talk show host

So now Trent Edwards = Joe Montana? Really? Because that is precisely what your analogy means. State Senate = college, 1st term Senate run only opposed by a tool with no money = draft/rookie season and beating the Dolphins. Primary = OTAs. We haven't even got to training camp, but you already want to put Obama in the hall of Fame?

Your ignorance of the Daley machine, or what is now called that, is quite telling. You want to know why they haven't run a candidate for President for 40 years? Hmmm. Or, maybe you know what I am talking about but are just being disingenuous? Why did you pick an estimate of 40 years? Not 30 or 50? Wouldn't have anything to do with 1962 would it? And you say they can't?

Oh yes they can. Every hear of JFK? It's a historical fact that Chicago won him the election against Nixon by stuffing ballot boxes. It's also a historical fact that the Daley machine has been "connected" since the beginning, and not just with the mob: the Kennedy's too. I don't think I need to remind you what Joe Kennedy did before becoming royalty and all, nor do I need to remind you of how that business operated and how Chicago factored into all of it.

So, the Daley's like Obama, he does their bidding, and whamo, the Kennedy's come out in full force. "Surprising" everyone with their willingness to throw HRC under the bus with such speed and so strongly. But, I know, I'm delusional and this is all just a coincidence right? :rolleyes:

However, I could be wrong, and things could have run in reverse, meaning that the Kennedy's once again are the ones telling their Chicago cousins who they want them to support. I read a few articles that seem to support this line of thinking rather than the other.

But, in all cases, let's stop kidding ourselves here that Obama isn't the Kennedy's and Daley's boy, irony and all(Irish supporting Black, well Mulatto - doesn't happen often, and this is coming from a politically raised Irish guy and that's what I heard and saw growing up). And why not? They both need somebody they can control, and they both need somebody who will owe them something after he is elected. HRC offers them no chance of either, while Obama gives them a great chance for both. And if you think for one second that he would be "accomplishing" any of this, including Iowa, without the Kennedy's and Daley's, well, we have again crossed into BS country.

The fact is, besides getting exposed for bringing in Illinois for JFK illegally and having to lay low for a long time nationally, the Daley machine doesn't normally see itself as a President picker. Quite the opposite. They let everybody else do the picking and then name their price for their support. For them, Chicago is like it's own country and their priorities are: their elections and how to make money from them, thereby guaranteeing their power. That's their focus. They know that if nobody pays them off, they can choose to sit out, and Illinois goes to the Republicans. However, in Obama's case they saw an opportunity and they broke with tradition, or, like I said, they got the phone call, and the offer sheet, from the Kennedys and got in line.

The real reason they don't normally run presidential candidates is easy: none of their people could ever get elected. Not with the number of shady deals, corruption and patronage you have to agree to if you want to get elected to anything in that town. No way, especially if the national press scrutinized their people like they do with a potential President. Obama isn't one of their standard people, or is he? Like I said, the media has spent so much time with their funny feelings up their legs that they haven't bothered to do any real work on him and nobody really knows.

If anything, Obama deserves our respect for somehow negotiating his existence along side the Daley machine(hopefully, for his sake that's all it is). But, if he is actually one of their guys, all the way, the Republicans probably already have all the dirt they need to crush him. And, while I usually would be annoyed by that, I wouldn't in this case because the last thing this country needs is a Daley drone in the White House.

The one thing Obama supporters have going for them regarding this is that maybe Barack hasn't been around long enough to have gotten jammed up, or done too many deals, or maybe he actually has integrity and told them to F off.

Now that would be a real accomplishment.

1] M is not J, not even close. They couldnt do what they did on a national scale.

2] Emil Jones is the guy who made Obama not the Daley dudes. I don't think they were in cahoots.

3] The Daley machine supported his opponents early in his career. They were for his opponent in the 2004 Senate race. They surely didn't hand pick him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1] M is not J, not even close. They couldnt do what they did on a national scale.

2] Emil Jones is the guy who made Obama not the Daley dudes. I don't think they were in cahoots.

3] The Daley machine supported his opponents early in his career. They were for his opponent in the 2004 Senate race. They surely didn't hand pick him.

1) Sure they could, when the national media is your cheerleader, like it was until about 2 weeks ago. This thread is about Chris Mattews, you know funny feeling up the leg guy?

2) 3)Ok, like I said, the more I read about this, this looks like a Kennedy play from day one. I will be more than willing to post the links if you care. But please, let's agree that there is no way in hell that his "meteoric" rise doesn't have some significant Kennedy and Daley umpf behind since day 1. How in the hell else was he able to derail Clinton, when she had the unions, Naral, and women's rights people firmly in her camp at the beginning? Where was his money coming from in the beginning when she had all the usual big donor money locked up? Hell, NARAL just declared for him, what, 2 weeks ago? No way he gets this done without Kennedys and Daleys involved and that's what worries me.

Back the point of the thread-->Obama hasn't been fully vetted. Nowhere near as closely as Bill Clinton or Bush was. This Rev. Wright, and hippie terrorist thing is all smoke that Hannity has been running for 2 years now. There's no way I believe that the Republicans don't have anything better than that. If I was them I would be holding the opposition research stuff off, since Hillary looks to be a better candidate now. Why put her back in play?

I know this sound like waiting for the Rams walkthrough tape, but there's no way I believe that Rev. Wright is the big stuff. And it's funny how they have everybody up in arms over the little stuff. Dems better pray he didn't do any favors for the Daley machine or it's gonna be McGovern time, and if he keeps talking down to working people, it might not matter what the Republicans have because he'll be dead anyway.