Ellicottville NY

Ellicottville NY!

havent been there in years, but going back soon..

for conversation sake, has anyone ever visited that beautiful skiing/party town?

I used to go down there when I was in college & before everybody got married for OctoberFest. Man, those were some wild times. About 10 of the guys every year would rent a Chalet & party our asses off all weekend. Good times. Im only 35 but we all got married, some of my friends wife's are lets just say less understanding then my wife, we all had kids & we stopped going there about 5 years ago. I miss those times. Definately a nice place.

I grew up about 45 mins south of there in PA and used to go all the time. I went once last year when I was home for Christmas and it's still as nice as ever. One of the top 5 ski resorts East of the Mississippi.

Decent golf course there during the warm months as well. I'm in a wedding there in August this year.

I used to go down there when I was in college & before everybody got married for OctoberFest. Man, those were some wild times. About 10 of the guys every year would rent a Chalet & party our asses off all weekend. Good times. Im only 35 but we all got married, some of my friends wife's are lets just say less understanding then my wife, we all had kids & we stopped going there about 5 years ago. I miss those times. Definately a nice place.

Boooo...we still do it. Just about everyone is married and most have kids. Octoberfest is one of our two "Guys Weekends" every year. Just go up and booze for three days. We rent the chalet and 10-12 guys come every year.

I grew up about 45 mins south of there in PA and used to go all the time. I went once last year when I was home for Christmas and it's still as nice as ever. One of the top 5 ski resorts East of the Mississippi.

Decent golf course there during the warm months as well. I'm in a wedding there in August this year.

Actually there are two decent courses there: Holiday Valley and Elkdale around the backside of the mountain.

Boooo...we still do it. Just about everyone is married and most have kids. Octoberfest is one of our two "Guys Weekends" every year. Just go up and booze for three days. We rent the chalet and 10-12 guys come every year.

Hey I would be all for it if some of my friends wives would lighten up a little bit. But, I can not complain. We still do have alot of guy weekends. It is just unfortunate that this weekend is no longer done, because that was fun, especially on the weekends where the weather was nice. Crazy buffalo weather. I was there in Octoberfest when it was 80 degrees & we were in shorts & tee shirts at the beer tent on saturday afternoon, & I have been there twice when it actually snowed(not alot an inch or two).

Yeah octoberfest is great. Can't wait to get back there.

all year round, my favorite bar there is the Gin Mill.

Great prices, awesome pub menu with fast service and great beer selection...definitely an authentic ellicottville atmosphere

One year, before I had any disposable income ('95?), I was in one of the beer gardens and ran into a friend. He asked where I was staying and I said that I didn't have a room so I would probably head back to Olean for the night. He said, "You can crash with us. I got the last room in Ellicottville." He wasn't kidding. It was the conference room at the Ellicottville Inn. I slept under a table. We rented chalets for the next few years. He ended up having his wedding at Holiday Valley. Good times, man. Good times.

One of JP's favorite places, I understand.

PTR

And Jim's. And especially Steve Christie's, since I believe he lives there full-time now. There were still a couple of forlorn patches of snow on the ski slopes when I drove through there a couple of weeks ago.

Billadelphia, 45 minutes south of E-ville puts you within earshot of my house...

And Jim's. And especially Steve Christie's, since I believe he lives there full-time now. There were still a couple of forlorn patches of snow on the ski slopes when I drove through there a couple of weeks ago.

Billadelphia, 45 minutes south of E-ville puts you within earshot of my house...

Bradford, PA? Thats where I hail from.

I noticed that you always quote the Olean Times Herald.

My dad lives there. He used to be a ski instructor in Holiday Valley for probably close to 30 years. I've been going there since 1970 and go back every year to spend time with my dad and ski. I love it there. It's gotten a bit to crowded but seeing I only go for a couple of days it's good.

Before Jim Kelly bought his place he was looking for property. He was looking at a lot right behind where my dad lives (where he eventually bought). My dad was sitting at his kitchen table one day and in walks Jim. Doesn't knock, just walks in my dad's place. They sat and chatted a bit. Jim's wife's family is from Attica where my dad had a restaurant for many years and my dad knows all her family pretty well. As a matter of fact I used to date Jill's aunt. Pretty cool, but barging in without knocking is a bit weird.

Bradford, PA? Thats where I hail from.

I noticed that you always quote the Olean Times Herald.

Port Allegany, actually. We've subscribed to the OTH, but not the Era, for as long as I can remember. And to my everlasting good fortune, longtime sports editor and Bills beat writer Chuck Pollock (the guy responsible for just about all of those quotes) has graciously taken time out of his busy schedule to help me improve my own writing.

So don't expect me to stop linking his stories any time soon. :unsure: