Ashton Youboty

It's really going to come down to numbers, and I think he'd be one of the last cuts. If we keep five CBs, you have Terrance McGee, Jabari Greer, Leodis McKelvin, Reggie Corner and William James. If we do that, we would likely keep four safties, so Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, George Wilson and John Wendling/Bryan Scott.

I don't think his odds look good. Even under that scenario of him getting cut, we'd also be letting go Wendling or Scott.

I think he will be traded in training camp or preseason for a late draft pick next year.

Young CBs have value even inconsistant ones who have had other things on mind preventing him for doing job he was paid to do.

It's really going to come down to numbers, and I think he'd be one of the last cuts. If we keep five CBs, you have Terrance McGee, Jabari Greer, Leodis McKelvin, Reggie Corner and William James. If we do that, we would likely keep four safties, so Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, George Wilson and John Wendling/Bryan Scott.

I don't think his odds look good. Even under that scenario of him getting cut, we'd also be letting go Wendling or Scott.

I like Wendling I hope they keep him

I think Ashton better be motivated and he has to realize he needs to fight hard to make this team. That being said, I think there is a chance the Bills keep him.

My guess is if we keep Youboty, we keep 6 corners-

Terrence McGee

Jabari Greer

Leodis McKelvin

Reggie Corner

William James

Ashton Youboty

I think the Bills will try Kennard Cox at FS.

At Safety Buffalo might keep:

Donte Whitner

Ko Simpson

Bryan Scott

George Wilson

John Wendling

and possibly Cox

Jauron seems to love secondary depth and the cover 2 puts an emphasis on Safetys. 12 roster spots devoted to the secondary is probably too much

That would leave 14 spots for the rest of our D-

Aaron Schobel

Marcus Stroud

Angelo Crowell

Paul Pozluszny

Chris Kelsay

John McCargo

Kawika Mitchell

John DiGiorgio

Ryan Denney

Spencer Johnson

Keith Ellison

Chris Ellis

Kyle Williams

Jason Jefferson

Alvin Bowen

One person listed will have to get cut- and that very well could be Youboty. Special teams ability is gonna factor in huge for those last spots

Youboty has been working hard in the offseason and he did start to show some signs of coming on late last year. I think Buffalo is likely to keep him on and perhaps Cox gets a spot on the STs and as a reserve safety. I think there will be six CBs this year, mostly due to the fact that the Bills had a lot of injuries at the position last year and also at the safety position. Youboty hasn't had much of an opportunity to play, and I think the Bills give him a shot this year to play. If he doesn't pan out at that point, then he's toodles.

NO

Another failed pick by the never to be doubted brain trust.

After just 2 years, Bills draft 3 CBs to replace him.

Should have used the pick on an OL.

Looks like the same deal with Dwayne Wright. After only 1 year, Bills draft another RB to replace a 4th rounder from prior year/

Might as well blow these 3rd and 4th rounders on OL instead of spinning their wheels.

I like Wendling I hope they keep him

Wendling isn't going anywhere. He is one of the top ST players in the league.

NO

Looks like the same deal with Dwayne Wright. After only 1 year, Bills draft another RB to replace a 4th rounder from prior year/

Might as well blow these 3rd and 4th rounders on OL instead of spinning their wheels.

:blink: Yeah, they should hit on every draft pick like other teams. :thumbsup: Do you have a brain or do you just choose not to use it? Go back and look over every teams drafts and tell me how much different they were in getting players to stick than Buffalo was in the last two years, then come back and re-post.

TSN, this probably doesn't need to mentioned, is idiotic at times. When they have Allen Wilson writing about the Bills they aren't too bad. However, when they have a schlepmoe who does NFL stuff in general it becomes comical. In the latest issue they breakdown the Cornerback position of every team and when they talk about Buffalo they say that McKelvin should come in and be a help at nickel back immediately and should eventually challenge Youboty for the starting CB spot opposite McGee.

:wallbash:

Youboty has been working hard in the offseason and he did start to show some signs of coming on late last year. I think Buffalo is likely to keep him on and perhaps Cox gets a spot on the STs and as a reserve safety. I think there will be six CBs this year, mostly due to the fact that the Bills had a lot of injuries at the position last year and also at the safety position. Youboty hasn't had much of an opportunity to play, and I think the Bills give him a shot this year to play. If he doesn't pan out at that point, then he's toodles.

The only time I saw AY make a play last season came in the finale when he picked off a pass. Otherwise, a very non-entity for Buffalo in 07. He played in 11 games, started 3, and seems to have a problem playing through injury. He's had plenty of opportunities to play, given how thin Buffalo was at CB last year. When Youboty was ready to play late in the season, he couldn't get his job back after losing it to former UDFA Jabari Greer.

It tells me quite a bit that the front office decided to take 3 more corners this year. If that's not enough to say what they're thinking, outside of DJ coming out and saying AY isn't all that good, I don't know what is.

NO

To be fair, Youboty was at one point in time considered a 1st round talent. When they drafted him in the 3rd, most, including myself, thought he was a steal. Sometimes you hit on guys like that (McGee), and sometimes you miss (Youboty).

Same with D. Wright, although the jury's still out on him.

When Youboty was ready to play late in the season, he couldn't get his job back after losing it to former UDFA Jabari Greer.

It tells me quite a bit that the front office decided to take 3 more corners this year. If that's not enough to say what they're thinking, outside of DJ coming out and saying AY isn't all that good, I don't know what is.

and how many years did it take jabari greer to be anything other than a gunner on ST?

I still think it's too early to pull the plug on Youboty.

and how many years did it take jabari greer to be anything other than a gunner on ST?

I still think it's too early to pull the plug on Youboty.

UDFA's generally take more time to develop, hence their status as undrafted.

3rd round draft picks, especially for a team like Buffalo, should be expected to play some their first season. Youboty had a family tragedy, though in his second season could not stay on the field. Injuries and inconsistency were to blame, and Greer ultimately took his spot.

CB's can make an impact quicker than most positions. They don't need 2-3 years of seasoning before they're ready.

He was low on the Depth chart already, and we drafted 3 CB's this year. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's done.

I think that limb is strong enough to hold the lot of us so I'll join you out there.

Unless they experiment with a switch to safety he's toast.

If they do experiment he's toast.

He is really going to have to step it up in training camp and earn a spot this year. He won't have a free ride anymore relying on his potential. the Bills seem to be sending him a big message that he has to step up or he is gone. the Bills front office and coaching staff is serious in trying to improve this team and are sending the message to alot of players that they need to up their game, or they will be looking for jobs. Wright was supposed to be a good talent that could replace A-train, but they said near the end of the season that he just didn't get it and was having trouble in practice learning the plays, limiting his time on the field and getting beat out by a player who came to play and stepped up his game. Same with Youbouty, who was projected at one point as being a possible 1st rounder, he has had 2 years and he hasn't stepped up, and is getting beat out by a guy who stepped up his game and came to play.

The Bills are at that point now where they can't keep using the "rebuilding" excuse and they can't keep waiting for players to eventually get better. if there is someone being out performed, they will lose their job. It shows the Bills are serious when they say that every job is up for grabs, and everyone has to compete for a starting spot.

As for Youbouty, name one play besides the INT in the final game that you can remember he made in over 2 years?

The only time I saw AY make a play last season came in the finale when he picked off a pass. Otherwise, a very non-entity for Buffalo in 07. He played in 11 games, started 3, and seems to have a problem playing through injury. He's had plenty of opportunities to play, given how thin Buffalo was at CB last year. When Youboty was ready to play late in the season, he couldn't get his job back after losing it to former UDFA Jabari Greer.

I wish that those who say he hasn't had enough time/opportunities could explain themselves.

We wrote off year 1 because of family tragedy, but who hasn't had to deal with at least one of those? My mom passed when I was home on Christmas break freshman year of college. I didn't flunk out. I didn't miss more classes than a normal freshman does. I carried on as we all have had to do. I didn't get a free year or month or week. But, that's really beside the point. In year 2 he had every opportunity to step up and he was not a good player on the field. He needs to be better than the players just drafted, not equal to them to have a chance at sticking on the team this year.

I think he will be traded in training camp or preseason for a late draft pick next year.

Young CBs have value even inconsistant ones who have had other things on mind preventing him for doing job he was paid to do.

I was thinking along those lines myself, but I wonder if Youboty shows some flashes this pre-season, they might consider trading Greer, who I think is about to be an FA and sicne he was a UDFA from the previous regime, they might view him as expendable. Not to mention he is probably worth much more than Youboty in trade. I could see it happening because Greer probably won't be re-signed after his contract is up anyways.