One of the lamest things I've seen

At the end of his interview on the Daily Show, McCain pulled out a piece of paper and said, "I want to tell you my vice president. Dwight Shrute."

Seriously John? You honestly want us to believe that you have watched at least one episode of the office and know who Dwight Shrute is? It was painfully obvious that somebody just handed him that card and said "Hey, the kids will think you are sooo cool! Just say this name."

The whole interview was painful. Every answer to Stewart's questions sounded like they were written and rehearsed one hundred times.

Stewart :"What do you say to people who are concerned about your relationship with Bush?"

McCain: "Well let me just say that Americans are in a tough place. They are worried about keeping their jobs, making payments on time. I want them to know that I am here to help them."

Huh? Were you listening to the questions?

I wish a human would run for president instead of these cyborg political monsters.

I wish a human would run for president instead of these cyborg political monsters.

So do I, but then there are people who base their friggin' votes on stuff like this. "So-and-so was funny when I saw him on _________." I can forgive a candidate having a really scripted joke in this case since The Daily Show is a comedy show (supposedly). McCain probably has at least a decent sense of humor since his episode of Saturday Night Live from a few years ago was pretty funny. It's too bad when he gets stuck with stuff like this. And it's really too bad that junk like this is a significant part of running for POTUS.

Having every candidate sound so scripted and rehearsed everywhere gets old real fast. Especially since it always comes off, uh, scripted and rehearsed.

They're mentioning Carly Fiorina (former HP CEO) as his running mate. She's blond. I guess that's all they care about. They need some pizzazz since he doesn't have that Grecian formula GOP hair.

They're mentioning Carly Fiorina (former HP CEO) as his running mate. She's blond. I guess that's all they care about. They need some pizzazz since he doesn't have that Grecian formula GOP hair.

:lol: Not only are you the only person I've ever heard talk about "GOP hair" but you manage to bring it up fairly consistantly. It used to be annoying but now I find it endearing. I hope Mitt Romney stays in the public spotlight so that you have someone to shake your fist at for years to come. :lol:

So do I, but then there are people who base their friggin' votes on stuff like this. "So-and-so was funny when I saw him on _________." I can forgive a candidate having a really scripted joke in this case since The Daily Show is a comedy show (supposedly). McCain probably has at least a decent sense of humor since his episode of Saturday Night Live from a few years ago was pretty funny. It's too bad when he gets stuck with stuff like this. And it's really too bad that junk like this is a significant part of running for POTUS.

Having every candidate sound so scripted and rehearsed everywhere gets old real fast. Especially since it always comes off, uh, scripted and rehearsed.

And let's not forget the all-time important question-'Do you wear briefs or boxers?" :devil:

:blink: Not only are you the only person I've ever heard talk about "GOP hair" but you manage to bring it up fairly consistantly. It used to be annoying but now I find it endearing. I hope Mitt Romney stays in the public spotlight so that you have someone to shake your fist at for years to come. :lol:

In PA, they cling to their guns and Jesus....blzrul clings to her hatred of "GOP hair". :devil:

Apparently, McCain's trophy wife has expressed some concern about his lack of "GOP hair."

Here is an excerpt from Cliff Schechter's recent biography of John McCain:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness.

In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett.

At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there."’

McCain's face reddened, and he responded, ‘"At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cun-!".’

Apparently, McCain's trophy wife has expressed some concern about his lack of "GOP hair."

Here is an excerpt from Cliff Schechter's recent biography of John McCain:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness.

In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett.

At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there."’

McCain's face reddened, and he responded, ‘"At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cun-!".’

Have you met Molson?

So am I to understand you are a complete independent now, not supporting either party?

Well, I don't support "either" party (obviously your "either" means Democrats or Republicans), nor do I belong to *any* political party.

Whether you understand that or not is up to you.

:devil: Not only are you the only person I've ever heard talk about "GOP hair" but you manage to bring it up fairly consistantly. It used to be annoying but now I find it endearing. I hope Mitt Romney stays in the public spotlight so that you have someone to shake your fist at for years to come. :blink:

Well think about it! The guys who run the show are bald and ugly like Rove. But those who face the public have that nice patent-leather, improbably black or brown (sans grey) hair. Raygun. Frist. Romney. Warner. The guy who got caught with the hookers (LA, AL or MS)...etc. McCain's not only white-haired but has a comb-over, so he has to compensate.

Of course Kerry and Edwards sported quite the hairdo too...which may make them closet Republicans.