I know, I know...He's Been Mentioned Before

You know who I'd like to see us bring in for a look, even though I've usually been against the idea in the past? Kordell Stewart.

He apparently lives down here in Atlanta, and he's been on my favorite Atlanta sports radio station a couple of times. Says he's in great shape for a 35 year old and really wants to play again. I like JP, but I'd rather have a more veteran guy backing up Edwards, and I wouldn't mind seeing KS in that role.

Go ahead, flame away!

You know who I'd like to see us bring in for a look, even though I've usually been against the idea in the past? Kordell Stewart.

He apparently lives down here in Atlanta, and he's been on my favorite Atlanta sports radio station a couple of times. Says he's in great shape for a 35 year old and really wants to play again. I like JP, but I'd rather have a more veteran guy backing up Edwards, and I wouldn't mind seeing KS in that role.

Go ahead, flame away!

Surely you can't be serious.

lol, :wallbash:

Maybe I'm just a sucker for an underdog, but the guy was really convincing during his radio time. I just feel that whenever you are bringing along a young QB, you need a veteran mentor behind him. I also think this team has the potential to compete this year, so it would be nice to have an experienced guy in that role in case we need him later in the season.

I dunno, like I said, I've always been against the idea cause I've never really been a KS fan...but he did a good job of convincing me that he's worthy of a look.

I always though Jeff George should have gotten another chance. I bet he's still got the arm; we ought to consider him for a backup.

:)

(and don't call him shirley)

Go ahead, flame away!

I'm with Lori. Can we at least be reasonable when we suggest signing players? I mean, why don't we sign Jim Kelly to be backup QB?

You're absolutely right. I can't believe everyone here doesn't get it. We have a decent backup on the bench, but we DON'T have a washed up has been who's best tool was the athleticism that is sure to have left him. I mean if we needed to prove to Trent that he is our guy, this is exactly what we need. PLUS, once JP is gone we can finally sign Keyshawn. You know the only reason he hadn't signed with us before is how he feels about JP. SUPERBOWL, SUPERBOWL, SUPERBOWL

Warning: The preceding post contains sarcasm. Please do not take it at face value.

Okay, well when someone ELSE signs Kordell and he leads his team to victory when the starter goes down, don't come crying to me! :)

how long has he been out of the league now?

People said the same thing about Tommy Maddox a few years ago...and he was never as good as Kordell to begin with!

Go ahead, flame away!

Pass on Stewart. He wasn't good when he started for the Steelers all those years ago, and he'd be even worse now. He'd be a slower, dumber version of JP Losman.

Okay, well when someone ELSE signs Kordell and he leads his team to victory when the starter goes down, don't come crying to me! :)

Would you like to make a small wager? I'll bet NO TEAM signs Stewart.

Would you like to make a small wager? I'll bet NO TEAM signs Stewart.

Nah, cause you're probably right :)

Go ahead, flame away!

I bet this is one post you'd like to have back lol.

I bet this is one post you'd like to have back lol.

:blink:

I can take it...

I think part of it is the fact that Kordell and I are the same age, so when I heard him talking about how committed he was and how much he's hoping for another shot, I found myself rooting for him a little. I think 35 is a more transitional age than people give it credit for...I felt pretty good at 30, but I think 35 is when you really start to notice some changes in your physical prowess. I know there's things in my life I wish I'd done better when I was younger, so it's hard for me to not want to see Kordell have one more shot at NFL glory, too.

Could be the beer talking, though :)

:blink:

I can take it...

I think part of it is the fact that Kordell and I are the same age, so when I heard him talking about how committed he was and how much he's hoping for another shot, I found myself rooting for him a little. I think 35 is a more transitional age than people give it credit for...I felt pretty good at 30, but I think 35 is when you really start to notice some changes in your physical prowess. I know there's things in my life I wish I'd done better when I was younger, so it's hard for me to not want to see Kordell have one more shot at NFL glory, too.

Could be the beer talking, though :)

Good answer. :D