125 places to have a beer before you die....

WTF Flying Saucer at 36, but Ginger Man in at 109?

Those two should be flipped. Ginger Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flying Saucer. I go ot the Ginger Man at least once a week, love that place.

Never got to the Ginger Man in Austin, but I hit the one in Dallas. Loved that place too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a free thinker and non conformity first and foremost. What lesson are you trying to preach to me?

The free thinker and the non-conformist, the well-heeled bon-vivant, in their narcissism and self-interest, never quite realize nor care that that they get their yucks on the backs of and by and labor of others. They till no crops. They bake no bread. Yet consider themselves vital.

I can expound...

For the States-bound among us, Esquire's Best Bars in America.

Nothing closer to Buffalo than Cleveland and Pittsburgh, though? Hmph. Need to talk to someone about that.

Yeah, seriously. Not a one outside of the city in NY State. I'm wondering what their criteria is. I wouldn't send anyone to Charlie's Kitchen unless they were already drunk.

The free thinker and the non-conformist, the well-heeled bon-vivant, in their narcissism and self-interest, never quite realize nor care that that they get their yucks on the backs of and by and labor of others. They till no crops. They bake no bread. Yet consider themselves vital.

I can expound...

Please do. How does Atlas Shrugged relate to me? I am a proud American and a citizen of the world. I am a free thinker and non-conformist, and I aspire to be very humble. Gandhi is one of my hero's and role models. I am a very passionate person, and travel is one of my biggest passion's in the world. It consumes my thoughts, it has enhanced my life, and it has given me a better education then any book I have read or any schooling. When I speak about my travels I almost shake with excitement- and my enthusiasm is contagious. I try and inspire people- and many friends of mine have gone to another continent or gotten their passport after speaking with me. I love being an ambassador for the USA and I love trying to prove stereotypes against Americans wrong.

Are you suggesting Atlas shrugs at me? I have worked my ass off in hot kitchens for 23 years and am not rich by any means. I choose to spend my money on travel. Others in America till crops, work overtime, participate in the rat race, do menial labor- and blow their money on cars or boats or some other superficial excess. I choose instead to spend my money on life's experiences. Traveling makes you appreciate all that you have and how fortunate you are to be an American. I am not happy with globalization, multinational corporations, WTO, the IMF- and traveling shapes my views. It makes me more sympathetic to the laborer's of the world. Am I vital to the world? Absolutely not. But can I contribute to society and do my best to try and change the world for the better? Absolutely! No John Lennon, you are not the only dreamer

Watch this Cincy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Z4s5ufjGU

thanks for the recommendation! The best advice where to go is from locals. I will make it a point to get a beer at Mahar's next time I am in Albany. And McSorley's is awesome! No matter what time of day or night- it is a good time. Oldest bar in NYC. My cousin got married at the Ukrainian Cathedral right across the street. You better believe we spent a lot of time pre gaming acoss the street at McSorley's!

we had a layover in NYC on our way to Amsterdam in 2000 and went to McSorleys from 12noon until 6pm....Holy F, we must have had 15-18 of the dark beers each...took the train to JFK(not the most pleasant train ride) and flew overnight to Iceland on our way to Amsterdam....great bar...had the crackers, cheese and Onion plate

For the States-bound among us, Esquire's Best Bars in America.

Nothing closer to Buffalo than Cleveland and Pittsburgh, though? Hmph. Need to talk to someone about that.

This one is about one block away from where I live-

http://www.esquire.com/bestbars/bb-TapRoom

Built in 1776, Revolutionary War soldiers stayed there. Essex was the main ship building town back then, and the Brits burned down 29 boats in the harbor

http://www.griswoldinn.com/Pages/TheTapRoo...tertainment.htm

12. The Brickskeller, Washington, DC

17. Mondial de la Bière, Montreal, Quebec

35. Great Lakes Brewing, Cleveland, OH

76. City Tavern, Philadelphia, PA

102. McSorley’s Ale House, New York, NY

107. Sunset Grille & Tap, Boston, MA

114. The Dubliner, Washington, DC

116. Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY

121. Old Ebbitt Grill, Washington, DC

Looks like I have a lot more places to visit. This is all I've been to

WTF Flying Saucer at 36, but Ginger Man in at 109?

Those two should be flipped. Ginger Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flying Saucer. I go ot the Ginger Man at least once a week, love that place.

The Ginger Man....good book too.

I had numerous beers at one of the Augustiner restaurants in Munich...but not the one on the list. I asked the people (locals) I was with about going to the Hofbrauhaus, but they refused because it was too touristy.

I think The Ghost Bar is pretty awesome, at least once, like the list is for. Have you ever been there?

been there a few times, and the view is cool and all but I wouldn't think of it as a place to have a beer before you die. They probably needed to get something in Vegas.

And McSorley's is awesome! No matter what time of day or night- it is a good time. Oldest bar in NYC.

maybe. they say it is the oldest continuously running bar, since others took some time off during prohibition. nobody really knows for sure. my favorite is the Ear Inn, which feels just as old as mcsorleys without the lines outside and the tourists. My second favorite, Chumleys closed down last year unfortunately.

Please do. How does Atlas Shrugged relate to me? I am a proud American and a citizen of the world. I am a free thinker and non-conformist, and I aspire to be very humble. Gandhi is one of my hero's and role models. I am a very passionate person, and travel is one of my biggest passion's in the world. It consumes my thoughts, it has enhanced my life, and it has given me a better education then any book I have read or any schooling. When I speak about my travels I almost shake with excitement- and my enthusiasm is contagious. I try and inspire people- and many friends of mine have gone to another continent or gotten their passport after speaking with me. I love being an ambassador for the USA and I love trying to prove stereotypes against Americans wrong.

Are you suggesting Atlas shrugs at me? I have worked my ass off in hot kitchens for 23 years and am not rich by any means. I choose to spend my money on travel. Others in America till crops, work overtime, participate in the rat race, do menial labor- and blow their money on cars or boats or some other superficial excess. I choose instead to spend my money on life's experiences. Traveling makes you appreciate all that you have and how fortunate you are to be an American. I am not happy with globalization, multinational corporations, WTO, the IMF- and traveling shapes my views. It makes me more sympathetic to the laborer's of the world. Am I vital to the world? Absolutely not. But can I contribute to society and do my best to try and change the world for the better? Absolutely! No John Lennon, you are not the only dreamer

Watch this Cincy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Z4s5ufjGU

16 I's in two paragraphs?

"Humility is the Key to Success"

-Mahatma Gandhi