Darwin Walker

what an idiot........thinking back to this time last year, it's absolutely amazing how many people on this board were screaming at management to cave into his demands and give him an extension

Tell the whole story. They weren't screaming without reason. They were pointing out his favorable DT performance with PHI.

http://www.nfl.com/players/darwinwalker/profile?id=WAL115297

Tell the whole story. They weren't screaming without reason. They were pointing out his favorable performance with PHI.

http://www.nfl.com/players/darwinwalker/profile?id=WAL115297

there were plenty of very legitimate arguments made as to why it would not be a good idea to extend a guy who had multiple years left on his deal and had essentially been dumped by the eagles........many just choose to ignore them.......thankfully the bills weren't so foolish

there were plenty of very legitimate arguments made as to why it would not be a good idea to extend a guy who had multiple years left on his deal and had essentially been dumped by the eagles........many just choose to ignore them.......thankfully the bills weren't so foolish

They were at the bottom of the defensive ranking barrel. Foolish.

No balls, no glory...forget the injury angle - A rookie Poz yet to be exploited, a game and a half lost by the LT. The rest were marginal and replaceable.

Should this go on the Ralph was right list?

No, this should go on the, "We should definitely meet his demands because he is owner/founder/ceo of a multi-gazillion dollar engineering firm and doesn't need the money he makes in the NFL and will probably just walk away from the game if we don't !" list.

I am so glad we took a pass on Walker. Once again, Marv = genius.

I fail to see how it was smart to go into last season with Larry Tripplett instead of Darwin Walker. They could have given him a similiar offer to what the Bears had and we'd have been treated to a year of not watching LTrip act like there was a grenade six inches past the line of scrimmage.

They were at the bottom of the defensive ranking barrel. Foolish.

No balls, no glory....

are you somehow asserting that walker would have helped the defense last year? are suggesting that the bills should have caved to this piece of trash and given him an extension?

his lack of production and new contract speak to how replaceable he really is.......the bills made the right decision - hindsight not required

i've heard of people being overly critical of bills management, but this is taking it a bit far! how anyone can sit here and come down on them for NOT signing him long-term is laughable

I fail to see how it was smart to go into last season with Larry Tripplett instead of Darwin Walker. They could have given him a similiar offer to what the Bears had and we'd have been treated to a year of not watching LTrip act like there was a grenade six inches past the line of scrimmage.

Can't fix every postion at once. Triplett's days wer numbered when he signed the contract and if the FO was really intent on Walker replaicing Triplett they would have cut Triplett after trading for walker

A good point, although the 5th round pick we got for Walker did come in handy (if you like the Marcus Stroud trade).

Can't fix every postion at once. Triplett's days wer numbered when he signed the contract and if the FO was really intent on Walker replaicing Triplett they would have cut Triplett after trading for walker

You mean to say they hired Triplett, knowing his days were numbered? :thumbsup:

what an idiot........thinking back to this time last year, it's absolutely amazing how many people on this board were screaming at management to cave into his demands and give him an extension

I think most of he screaming wasn't so much about caving in, but rather that the front office made the trade without first ensuring they could actually work out a deal to get Walker to show up. At least that's what perplexed me.

In the end, according to Chris Brown, the Bills used the fifth we got from Chicago with the third we got for McGahee to get Stroud, so while no one knows how things will turn out, in this case, they appear to have turned out fine.

Ask the Bears...or for that matter ask the Panthers in about 9 months...how Darwin worked out for them?

PTR