Rounding out next years team

Draft is over, most of free agency is completed; do the bills have any remaining areas of need to fill before camp? If so who might be available to fill them.

With Steve Johnson and Hardy still rookies, i would still like to see us bring in a good receiver, but pickings are getting thin. Good depth was added to defense through the draft and free agency gave us upgrades there.

More offensive line depth would be good, especially someone to push brad butler for starting job, although i look for a good season from him this year.

Unless something really lucky happens the Bills are set right now. Don't be surprised if one or two of the UDFA's work out better than expected. I highly doubt that all of these things will happen:

1. A vet at a position the Bills need will become available at a decent cost.

2. That vet will want to sign with Buffalo

3. The vet will be significantly better than a backup already on the team.

I'd say the chances are slim to none. Assuming the rookies taken in the early rounds this year pan out then next years draft will be for improving depth by drafting starters at thin positions.

Unless something really lucky happens the Bills are set right now. Don't be surprised if one or two of the UDFA's work out better than expected. I highly doubt that all of these things will happen:

1. A vet at a position the Bills need will become available at a decent cost.

2. That vet will want to sign with Buffalo

3. The vet will be significantly better than a backup already on the team.

I'd say the chances are slim to none. Assuming the rookies taken in the early rounds this year pan out then next years draft will be for improving depth by drafting starters at thin positions.

Nice avatar, Schroedinger... :D

Draft is over, most of free agency is completed; do the bills have any remaining areas of need to fill before camp? If so who might be available to fill them.

With Steve Johnson and Hardy still rookies, i would still like to see us bring in a good receiver, but pickings are getting thin. Good depth was added to defense through the draft and free agency gave us upgrades there.

More offensive line depth would be good, especially someone to push brad butler for starting job, although i look for a good season from him this year.

THE SAPESTER!!!

There's no doubt we need depth along the offensive line. Jason Whittle, Duke Preston and Kirk Chambers just don't cut it.

I'm ok with Whittle, but I thought he wasn't re-signed. Chambers is fine. One more versatile, average lineman would be cool. I think Preston gets cut in training camp.

I'm ok with Whittle, but I thought he wasn't re-signed. Chambers is fine. One more versatile, average lineman would be cool. I think Preston gets cut in training camp.

My mistake, you're correct. That means the situation is more desperate than I thought, as he was kind of our utility guy...