Enough draft talk, open letter to Dick Jauron...

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defenses stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defensives stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

Not bad.

since coaching a team of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys to a 7-9 record and losing multiple games by 1-point clearly proves nothing...

I know. But some people enjoy riding people out of town, it's like a thrill rush or something. IDK I think unless the Bills go worse than 8-8 he gets another year after this JMO.

since coaching a team of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys to a 7-9 record and losing multiple games by 1-point clearly proves nothing...

Please exaggerate a little bit more. BTW, they got that record by beating the NFL's little sisters of the poor.

I know. But some people enjoy riding people out of town, it's like a thrill rush or something. IDK I think unless the Bills go worse than 8-8 he gets another year after this JMO.

ummm, apparently you arent listening to 1billsfan. he says this is Dick's "last chance". like he ever gave him a "first chance" to begin with.

Please exaggerate a little bit more. BTW, they got that record by beating the NFL's little sisters of the poor.

we didnt have practice squad and backups playing for us all season? we went the whole year with our starters healthy? we didnt lose a handful of games on last second field goals? i couldve SWORN we were stuck with a backup WR starting at Safety...

what season was i watching then?

im not the one throwing around "last chance" exaggerations.

1billsfan, the worst part is, the rest of your post is high quality, and i cant/wont disagree with it.

but you throw around all this feces about Jauron and his last chance and it makes your obvious well-known hatred for him overshadow any good point you are making.

telling him "get r done Dick or step aside"... get what done? making the playoffs? so if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs since we're not the top team in the AFC East and barely lose out on a wild card, you want him gone? am i reading that correctly?

1billsfan, the worst part is, the rest of your post is high quality, and i cant/wont disagree with it.

but you throw around all this feces about Jauron and his last chance and it makes your obvious well-known hatred for him overshadow any good point you are making.

telling him "get r done Dick or step aside"... get what done? making the playoffs? so if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs since we're not the top team in the AFC East and barely lose out on a wild card, you want him gone? am i reading that correctly?

Dick Jauron has had a very long history of being a losing NFL head coach. 7 seasons worth in fact. Do you really believe that Jauron is some great football mind that simply has had a ridiculously long run of bad luck? How fast was JP run out of here and he got what, 3 seasons? Dick Jauron will be head coaching his eighth NFL team in 2008 and I see no reason why the Buffalo Bills or it's fans should be extending him any benefit of the doubt. Dick Jauron HIMSELF said that the NFL is a performance based business, when describing the starting QB situation...well, the same standard applies to the head coach. Just because you are a nice and classy guy does not mean you get to coach the Bills year after year, if in the end you fail to get your team to a playoff birth. I'm sorry, but that is how it is plain and simple.

Dick Jauron has had a very long history of being a losing NFL head coach. 7 seasons worth in fact. Do you really believe that Jauron is some great football mind that simply has had a ridiculously long run of bad luck? How fast was JP run out of here and he got what, 3 seasons? Dick Jauron will be head coaching his eighth NFL team in 2008 and I see no reason why the Buffalo Bills or it's fans should be extending him any benefit of the doubt. Dick Jauron HIMSELF said that the NFL is a performance based business, when describing the starting QB situation...well, the same standard applies to the head coach. Just because you are a nice and classy guy does not mean you get to coach the Bills year after year, if in the end you fail to get your team to a playoff birth. I'm sorry, but that is how it is plain and simple.

I'm sure you hated the hiring of Levy as our head coach too, he had a history of losing before he came here, I'm not saying he is going to ever be a winner, but that is a sad reson for not liking a coach IMO. You can dislike what he has done since he's been here but to say he shouldn't be our coach because of what he did in the past before he became the coach of the Bills is just stupid JMO you're entilted to yours of course. <_<

sooo... since youre upset that JP didnt get a fair chance, you dont feel the need to be a little more patient and rational about anyone else?

im not about to break down his seasons/situation with the Bears, because i know for a fact theyve been presented to you a million times. (Coach of the Year, new GM, etc)

and im too tired of arguing with people who come here to post what they think, and refuse to listen to anyone else even for a second, to try to explain to you about inheriting a team right as it starts a COMPLETE rebuild. you never gave him ONE CHANCE or "benefit of the doubt". why would i expect you to find some now?

fine, you win. someone inform Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron that 1billsfan from twobillsdrive.com just put him in the hotseat.

fine, you win. someone inform Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron that 1billsfan from twobillsdrive.com just put him in the hotseat.

<_<<_<

We still have holes on the offensive line- I think we all agree that Fowler isn't good enough. I am not high on Walker either- he just doesn't run block with authority. How many times did Lynch get hit in the backfield and have to make his own yards?

Switching Tripplett for McCargo in the starting lineup is an upgrade, but we don't know what we have in McCargo as a starter yet. Then swapping Tripplett on the bench for Johnson is at least a slight upgrade.

Stroud appears to be an upgrade, but he has yet to play a down for us- how much will he be on the field? He can't make us dominant by himself.

I think our starting defense will be very solid, but not dominant. I hope I am wrong, but everything is speculation at this point.

and im too tired of arguing with people who come here to post what they think, and refuse to listen to anyone else even for a second, to try to explain to you about inheriting a team right as it starts a COMPLETE rebuild.

Dude, he can like or dislike whoever he wants. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Why are you arguing with people who come here to post what they think? His posting probably acts like a cartharsis for hima as it does for me. That's what makes America great.

You see that's the problem I have here with this board. Why argue and make sarcastic remarks (not you in this case) when all he is doing is presenting his feelings. He didn't insult anyone or get personal. It's a message board. Tell him you disagree..why get frustrated.

For some reason, I believe Ralph's and Dick's response to that would be, "only one?" <_<

Stroud appears to be an upgrade, but he has yet to play a down for us- how much will he be on the field? He can't make us dominant by himself.

Umm, that's exactly what great players do -- they dominate. Stroud should be on the field for every defensive snap unless he's getting a blow, in which case I say good for him.

I think our starting defense will be very solid, but not dominant. I hope I am wrong, but everything is speculation at this point.

If everything is speculation at this point, there are a lot of folks on this message board who need to chill.

I HATE open letters. Such a waste of time.

What good would a closed letter have done? Would it have sparked debate?

1billsfan: Hey guys I crafted a letter for Coach Jauron.

Us: Cool, what did you tell him?

1billsfan: Sorry, it's a closed letter.

Us: Oh, OK.