This Draft Sucks!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, been getting ripped on here anyway, even when I try to take a middle of the road approach. SO, flame and rip away, but this draft sucks in terms of POSITIONS they targeted. Nobody has a crystal ball to know how the actual players themselves will turn out, but the positions they've gone after are more than curious.

Flame away, rip away, run me out of here on a rail, burn me at the stake, or what ever . . . but many will agree with me to some degree.

Who is it that we should have drafted ? Could you tell me in order from the first round on . I think we did very good ,but that is just me . In the top 100 draft ratings Mckelvin was rated 10th and Hardy was rated 29th .

Most people you mentioned just get irritated at the constant sky is falling posts that happen to overtake this board 75% of the year and 99% of the time when the draft is on. People get mad that player A or position B wasn't selected, when these same people have absolutely no clue what our coaches know about the current roster or what our talent evaluators know about the draft. They constantly B word that they know whats best over people who have been doing this for a life time, have 100 times more access to evaluation tools, and actually know who on the roster might be up and coming, who won't, and who might not even be with us soon. Our evaluators and coaches are not perfect, no coaches are perfect, no GM's are perfect, but anybody who presumes this draft to be a failure before it's even over, before at least 3 years has elapsed, based on position selected or the players selected, is a flat out idiot.

Of course nobody knows as much as the scouts, but on an even level with other NFL teams, the Bills have not performed well--we haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years--people are frustrated and can get a little crazy. That is what a fan is--short for fanatic.

What good does this board serve if people can't vent. This is an emotional day and we all have our own ideas what to expect. We don't know how this draft will turn out, but I'm disappointed we took a CB in the first (but now I see what an excellent talent he is), no center picked (yet) and If I, Bledsoe or anyone else want to express that, who has the right to be judge and jury to censor us or anyone else. Those four bozos don't know how to have a normal debate with anyone unless they completely disparage them. They call everyone else idiots, but they lack the intelligence if they can't discuss disagreements civilly (sp?). Saying that, if they start on me, I will not put up with their horseshi% as history has shown.

I don't know how to tell you this, but your vagina is showing. :thumbsup:

About our draft, I wish we would've picked a stud TE or a dominating DE. Overall, I think we filled some critical needs. I think the Bills' front office could've done a better job if it weren't for those 31 other damn teams trying to do the same as us. :nana:

Mr. Funny Guy ehh? That's really neat. But, how do you know what a vagina looks like without ever actually seeing one?

Mr. Funny Guy ehh? That's really neat. But, how do you know what a vagina looks like without ever actually seeing one?

Cute, son. Do you need a timeout or would you like to join the adults and converse about some football?

Of course nobody knows as much as the scouts, but on an even level with other NFL teams, the Bills have not performed well--we haven't been in the playoffs for 10 years--people are frustrated and can get a little crazy. That is what a fan is--short for fanatic.

What good does this board serve if people can't vent. This is an emotional day and we all have our own ideas what to expect. We don't know how this draft will turn out, but I'm disappointed we took a CB in the first (but now I see what an excellent talent he is), no center picked (yet) and If I, Bledsoe or anyone else want to express that, who has the right to be judge and jury to censor us or anyone else. Those four bozos don't know how to have a normal debate with anyone unless they completely disparage them. They call everyone else idiots, but they lack the intelligence if they can't discuss disagreements civilly (sp?). Saying that, if they start on me, I will not put up with their horseshi% as history has shown.

It just gets tiresome, the constant negativity, all the time. It's never ending, it makes me take weeks off from the board because I just can't take it anymore. It's one thing to be critical, present some reasoning why your being critical, have discussion etc. It's another to always be critical, never present anything worth discussion, never do anything but say the Bills suck, the Bills draft sucks, the Bills cheerleaders suck, Ralph sucks, field turf sucks, the uniform suck....These people add nothing to the board, they seem to be multiplying daily, and this thread is a perfect example of it.

This draft sucks because of the positioning......... OK then, what would have made it not suck in terms of positioning? Why would drafting only by positional needs be a draft strategy that is better BPA? What particular positions should we have avoided the BPA theory for to draft? He adds no substance or reason for logical debate, just "this draft sucks because of positioning". Sorry if we don't welcome such rare insights with open arms.

Mike,

I hear you. Don't worry about me though. Those four little nerds with their little pencil packs, bow ties and coke-bottle thick glasses don't bother me. They're just used to getting everyone to fall in line, which isn't happening today and they don't know what else to do.

It just gets tiresome, the constant negativity, all the time. It's never ending, it makes me take weeks off from the board because I just can't take it anymore. It's one thing to be critical, present some reasoning why your being critical, have discussion etc. It's another to always be critical, never present anything worth discussion, never do anything but say the Bills suck, the Bills draft sucks, the Bills cheerleaders suck, Ralph sucks, field turf sucks, the uniform suck....These people add nothing to the board, they seem to be multiplying daily, and this thread is a perfect example of it.

This draft sucks because of the positioning......... OK then, what would have made it not suck in terms of positioning? Why would drafting only by positional needs be a draft strategy that is better BPA? What particular positions should we have avoided the BPA theory for to draft? He adds no substance or reason for logical debate, just "this draft sucks because of positioning". Sorry if we don't welcome such rare insights with open arms.

I agree with the negativity. But today is the day where all forms of opinions will take place. It is a big football day. If he doesn't like the draft he has that right without people insulting him. You can say I think you're off-base, you're negative, you're wrong because... , not you are an idiot, moron..that's what I'm tired of hearing.

"The Bills cheerleaders suck"??? Why would I ever complain about that :thumbsup:

Seems you just want to talk crap instead of telling us who we should have drafted and start sh-- with other people for fun .

Time to move on .

For starters, I wouldn't have drafted another RB after taking two in the first 4 rds last year. I also wouldn't have taken another CB in the fourth when we have a glut there already. Also, I wouldn't have ignored our O-line and DT either.

Also, we are James Hardy injury away from being in the exact same boat as last year.

Getting to the playoffs is not necessarily a reflection of how the team has done in the draft. A lot of other issues go into whether or not a franchise succeeds beyond how they do in the draft. To suggest that we haven't had as talented or as successful a draft over the last ten years doesn't mean much, considering that the current administration has only been stabilized for the past three years. I know people get frustrated, but rushing to judgment on players and personnel before they have even started or played a down in the league, is not venting. Saying that, in your opinion, Buffalo would have been better off drafting another player, or another position and give an actual reasoned basis for that opinion, people would be far more likely to address your concerns in a civil manner. Simply wanting to complain is fine, but at least give real reasons, rather than just saying you don't like something. What would you have rather seen the Bills do? What need did they not address adequately enough in your estimation. That type of thinking starts civil conversations. Throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't draft some player that you would have rather taken instead is the five year old response to the Bills doing something you don't like.

I didn't like the fact that they took a corner in the first round. However, the person they got, while not perfect, is going to be a top CB for this team. I felt better about that choice when we still had our pick of wideouts at #41. Buffalo has been implementing a plan for the last few years, a big part of which consisted of getting rid of Donahoe's dead weight. They have fixed those positions, and by many accounts are now a viable candidate to make the wild card.

Lastly, during the past two drafts, and possibly this one, the Bills have performed better than the majority of the other teams in the league. In 2006, we drafted 4 players capable of starting or playing significant roles in the NFL with Whitner, McCargo, Simpson and Williams. In 2007 we drafted three starting caliber players in the first three rounds. Lynch, Poz and TE. We also drafted Butler in the 6th and he is turning into a very good player at RG. This year, I think we drafted two starters on day one and possibly two other players who could come in and play significant roles for us as the year goes on. McKelvin and Hardy will be day one contributors, barring injury. Ellis will play a role in the DE rotation, and I think Reggie Corner may get some time in the fourth CB slot as well. The others may only be STs but we lost a lot of talent on ST. Saying that we wasted picks on guys that will be STers is silly, considering that we have serious needs to fill on ST. So, basically, I would like to hear some actual reasons behind why you are so angry with the Bills' FO, as opposed to just having a Message Board Temper Tantrum.