Told You So! No WR at #11.

CJPearl2

FYI, you have to find a trading partner to trade down..........

The way that I look at it, with the WR's still on the board, 1 big one should be there later first and 2nd.

So taking the top corner makes sense.......

Really both positions needed to be addressed. I still see Buffalo trading back into the first or top of the 2nd and getting hardy, sweed or Kelly.........

What's to love--how is this guy going to make a difference? He can't catch the football.

We should have traded down.

He can't catch the football according to Mel Kiper oh no!!! I'm guessing the opposition didn't throw at him all that much. I really like this pick our defense is going to develop into a beast or the players will develop and then they'll be a beast for another team

He can't catch the football according to Mel Kiper oh no!!! I'm guessing the opposition didn't throw at him all that much. I really like this pick our defense is going to develop into a beast or the players will develop and then they'll be a beast for another team

He'll reach his prime just in time to sign a $100 million contract with San Francisco.

What's to love--how is this guy going to make a difference? He can't catch the football.

We should have traded down.

I thought you picked a corner for coverage and tackling abilities. WR's need to catch the ball.

Actually, that has been the knock on him all season. I think he is a bit overrated. There's a reason the Pats didn't take him when they needed a corner. We would have been better off taking a WR, like Thomas or Hardy. McKelvin is not likely to come in and start at corner and he is not going to have much of an impact this season at all. Sorry, but corner was our #3 need. Most of those WRs are going in the mid first round. Guess it's another year of offensive oblivion.

Actually, that has been the knock on him all season. I think he is a bit overrated. There's a reason the Pats didn't take him when they needed a corner. We would have been better off taking a WR, like Thomas or Hardy. McKelvin is not likely to come in and start at corner and he is not going to have much of an impact this season at all. Sorry, but corner was our #3 need. Most of those WRs are going in the mid first round. Guess it's another year of offensive oblivion.

Did you ever watch him play at Troy? By your comments I am positive you haven't. Do yourself a favor and watch some of his games. He is a stud.

Did you ever watch him play at Troy? By your comments I am positive you haven't. Do yourself a favor and watch some of his games. He is a stud.

In fact I did watch a number of his games at Troy. I'm not saying he's bad, just a bit overrated, and he doesn't have very good hands. He is a good PR and will do fine. However, name me one team in the top fifty that Troy routinely played, or in fact ever played. You'll be hard pressed. Try looking at more than some YouTube footage before you run off comments.

In fact I did watch a number of his games at Troy. I'm not saying he's bad, just a bit overrated, and he doesn't have very good hands. He is a good PR and will do fine. However, name me one team in the top fifty that Troy routinely played, or in fact ever played. You'll be hard pressed. Try looking at more than some YouTube footage before you run off comments.

Troy played one of the toughest schedules last year and year in and consistently play top out-of-confernece teams (florida, ok st., arkansas, georgia). And I did, in fact, watch him play a lot.

Is he underrated only because of his "bad hands?" Because if that is his only problem, Ill gladly take it.

NFL Network stated that Troy had a tougher schedule than most NFL teams.

I would trust their commentary than the comments you make.

Troy played one of the toughest schedules last year and year in and consistently play top out-of-confernece teams (florida, ok st., arkansas, georgia). And I did, in fact, watch him play a lot.

Is he underrated only because of his "bad hands?" Because if that is his only problem, Ill gladly take it.

No, actually its his bad hands, and the fact that he is another smurf corner. Buffalo needed a bigger corner, you know, someone who might be able to cover Randy Moss. Buffalo could have gotten as good a corner in the second round. The top receivers, a position that we absolutely need to upgrade in the draft, are all going to be gone. We could have gotten Flowers or possibly Cason in the second without losing anything. And last year, they did play three decent teams (which crushed them) and the rest of their competition was a bunch of fruit cakes. Take a look at the film of the Arkansas, Florida and Georgia games. McKelvin didn't do much, IIRC.

No, actually its his bad hands, and the fact that he is another smurf corner. Buffalo needed a bigger corner, you know, someone who might be able to cover Randy Moss. Buffalo could have gotten as good a corner in the second round. The top receivers, a position that we absolutely need to upgrade in the draft, are all going to be gone. We could have gotten Flowers or possibly Cason in the second without losing anything. And last year, they did play three decent teams (which crushed them) and the rest of their competition was a bunch of fruit cakes. Take a look at the film of the Arkansas, Florida and Georgia games. McKelvin didn't do much, IIRC.

I'll pretty sure Malcoml Kelly is available at our second round pick.

NFL Network stated that Troy had a tougher schedule than most NFL teams.

I would trust their commentary than the comments you make.

Try actually going to their website and looking at their schedule. Yes, they played three good teams last year, but the rest of them were teams like Louisiana Tech, Florida International, and Florida Atlantic. And if you actually look at his play in those games, you'll find that he didn't play nearly as well against Florida or Arkansas as he did against their patsy opponents. Sorry, I'd rather have a guy from a school who played against top competition every week and had those numbers. There were better CB choices. McKelvin won't be the next James Williams, but he's not the next coming of Nate Clements.

Try actually going to their website and looking at their schedule. Yes, they played three good teams last year, but the rest of them were teams like Louisiana Tech, Florida International, and Florida Atlantic. And if you actually look at his play in those games, you'll find that he didn't play nearly as well against Florida or Arkansas as he did against their patsy opponents. Sorry, I'd rather have a guy from a school who played against top competition every week and had those numbers. There were better CB choices. McKelvin won't be the next James Williams, but he's not the next coming of Nate Clements.

How do you think Troy's schedule hurt Osi and DeMarcus Ware in the NFL?

How do you think Troy's schedule hurt Osi and DeMarcus Ware in the NFL?

Yeah, because a school produced some other talent means all of the players coming from there will be awesome. I didn't say that he was a bad pick, I just think that Buffalo should have gone a different direction, or if they wanted a corner, trade down. There wasn't much separation between McKelvin and DRC or Cason. And we still don't have an offensive weapon that can score points. Maybe he'll turn out to be great, but I think he's a bit overrated. Just my opinion, but feel free to disagree.

Yeah, because a school produced some other talent means all of the players coming from there will be awesome. I didn't say that he was a bad pick, I just think that Buffalo should have gone a different direction, or if they wanted a corner, trade down. There wasn't much separation between McKelvin and DRC or Cason. And we still don't have an offensive weapon that can score points. Maybe he'll turn out to be great, but I think he's a bit overrated. Just my opinion, but feel free to disagree.

A WR has yet to be chosen and we're at pick #20 already. There will be plenty of WR talent on the board in Round 2.

I still would have preferred a trade down if it was available, but McCelvin was a far better option than reaching on Devin Thomas at #11.