1st Round Selection: CB Leodis McKelvin - Troy, 11th pick overall

SDS

WTF are people complaining about

- He wasn't supposed to be there at 11

- He is the best cb in the draft

- Biggest point....LOOK AT WHAT TEAMS ARE GETTING IN THE TRADE DOWN...not much even at the early 1st round picks

- WE DID NOT REACH which was one of the biggest concerns

- He is a playmaker

Lets see what they do for the WR and TE spots now....I suspect a trade up.

john how is he the best cb in this draft?

you say he is a playmaker.....he has 3 interceptions.he is a cover corner.

how is this guy going to cover the likes of randy moss or the cardinals receivers this year?

the guys here who just think corners aren't football players really must be touched.

mcgee can do great against teams' 2nd guy. mckelvin is a friggen stud, number one guy in the draft in the secondary. troy played a monster schedule and mckelvin dominated.

16th game, pats at bills. that game could decide who wins the division, and will be huge for us. we now have a guy who might be able to cover moss.

we've got friggen studs all over our D now.

yeah all 511" of him. if randy and mckelvin go for a jump ball i bet randy made the reception.how does a guy with 3 interceptions dominate?

McKelvin?

Its an OK pick. He's better than what the Bills have, no question, but given how conservatively the Bills always play their CBs, and the fact they never re-sign them, AND the fact that I've seen more dynamic passing attacks at the local high school, this isn't a pick I can get overly excited about. Hopefully they can find some help offensively later in this draft. I'm not that optimistic, unfortunately.

Personally, Don't like the pick.. Live with it...don't we all. Most of the hype with the kid is his return skills....Trading down and drafting the Rodgers-Cromartie kid would've been a better option, IMO.. He's tall 6'3 and just as fast. If the bills drafted a cb to shut down Moss this isn't the kid. I think Cromartie fits better in the cover 2. We definetely need a WR next so keep your fingers crossed.

McKelvin?

Its an OK pick. He's better than what the Bills have, no question, but given how conservatively the Bills always play their CBs, and the fact they never re-sign them, AND the fact that I've seen more dynamic passing attacks at the local high school, this isn't a pick I can get overly excited about. Hopefully they can find some help offensively later in this draft. I'm not that optimistic, unfortunately.

Have i mentioned how much I hate this pick?

does anyone here have a problem with him as a player?

i'm not talking about people that just don't think corners should get drafted (that's just laughable) but i mean who think he isn't good enough?

this guy was a monster all year at corner against some studs. troy is where future probowlers on the D go to learn nfl football.

lastly, jauron was a great DB and has an eye for DBs. that's why he let clements walk, got whitner, and that's why he went with leodis. this guy will be our day 1

best corner and we have absolutely no weakness on D.

we can cover up to 3 wideouts from base, can blitz if we want, and have a secondary that brings the wood. now that we have some studs in the guts and some real linebackers who get after it, i like our D

Question for those who would have preferred DRC, then: did the kidney issues scare them off?

Good Lord, the Lions actually drafted a tackle. Maybe Millen finally gets it.

Terrible pick.

Ohh great, another 5'10" corner who didn't even play against top competition.

We play the Cover 2for Christ's sake!!!!!!

Why are we wasting one of the most valuable picks in the draft on another midget corner. This team really blows my mind.

Reach for Whitner at 8 and now this??? No wonder we haven't been to the playoffs in 8 seasons, make that 9 now...

What a horrible dissappointment this first pick is.

I know this team had the 30th ranked defense.

I know this team has routinely taken CB's in the 1st round (Winfield, Clements, Whitner, McKelvin) and where has that got them???

Ohhhh yeah, no playoff appearences in 8 SEASONS

its not too hard to figure out, you need to take big bodies with your 1st round pick; O or D line

If this team want to effectively run the Cover 2, they need ot consistent pressure with their front 4. Ohhh yeah, the bills had only 26 sacks last season which was 2nd to last.

You sheep can keep gloating over this pick all you want

Maybe we can pick 5'9" corner with our 5th overall selection next season....

john how is he the best cb in this draft? you say he is a playmaker.....he has 3 interceptions.he is a cover corner.

how is this guy going to cover the likes of randy moss or the cardinals receivers this year?

From Scout.com:

"McKelvin has a good body type, and the frame to add a few pounds. At the Combine, he showed off his straight line speed, running a sub 4.4 while displaying the ability to stop and start without losing speed, and the ability to maintain top end speed. Best suited for a Cover-2 scheme. A fluid athlete and dynamic game-breaker when he gets his hands on the football as evidenced by his seven TDs (five punt returns, one kick return, one interception return)."

does anyone here have a problem with him as a player?

i'm not talking about people that just don't think corners should get drafted (that's just laughable) but i mean who think he isn't good enough?

Nobody watches Troy & anyone who says they did is a liar.

Question for those who would have preferred DRC, then: did the kidney issues scare them off?

Good Lord, the Lions actually drafted a tackle. Maybe Millen finally gets it.

except that they probably could have gotten him in the 3rd round. :w00t:

Very Reasonable Pick! Best at his position in the Draft! Fills a real Need! Could he suck you bet, but don't think for a second no one else would have picked him very high! Ok Bills prove me wrong and pick a Good to Great guy in the second!

Have i mentioned how much I hate this pick?

I don't hate it, I'm just kind of indifferent to it. I am worried as all hell that this team won't be able to improve its offense, though. I was worried about that enough before they drafted D at 11. I have very little confidence in their ability to draft and develop offensive players outside of R1, especially with a defensive-minded coaching staff in place.