OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

What an absolutely horrible pick. With Jackson on the board, and his ability, you draft someone for his size, when he obviously gives up on catches he has the ability to make?

Sickening...

If you're talking about Desean Jackson I would like to officially ask you to leave the board and never post again

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative.

We've got a big body to play wideout. We don't need to spend a valuable pick on a TE because Carlson and Keller are gone. Bennett is good, but I don't think we should target him. I say we go after a Defensive End to help with our pass rush.

I think I'd probably be tempted to just draft a TE in R3. Its likely they'll get a better prospect at that position than DE. Heck, I'd even consider trading up for Martellus Bennett sometime late today (only 2 rounds today!), though he has a bit of a different personality and may be falling because of it.

Name the NFL wideouts at that size that run faster....

that wasnt the point, he said he ran an outstanding 40 which he didnt, an outstanding 40 is sub 4.4..he ran an ok 40 for a WR

Owens and Moss are a little shorter and both run 4.3's

Jackson is much stronger than his frame would suggest. Roscoe would like behind the sound endzone goalpost! :)

You're nuts, dude. How strong can you be at 170 lbs.? He's small and a speed-only kind of threat. Been there. Done that. Big, possession receiver was the way to go.

Does Sweed have some sort of disease that nobody has heard about? I don't get it, how come all these guys are getting picked ahead of him?

Reminds me of the time on this board when everyone bitched about the Bills not selecting Kwame Cavil with every pick from round 2 to round 7. NFL GM's obviously knew something about him that the fans didn't know. He ended up going undrafted, and when we picked him up, everyone thought he was the second coming or something.

Not saying Sweed with go undrafted like Cavil, but NFL GM's aren't as dumb as fans think.

And I would suggest you root for a r-e-a-l college that doesn't whore itself out for T.V. revenue.

Sure, should I just ask for my 2 diplomas back too? I suppose you could change your name to your alma mater: HamburgerUniversonator

You're nuts, dude. How strong can you be at 170 lbs.? He's small and a speed-only kind of threat. Been there. Done that. Big, possession receiver was the way to go.

Maybe it is because I saw Jackson play every game this year, and he has the ability to break tackles, get off the line, etc. His only drawback would be endurance, but his work with Jerry Rice (who has talked very extensively about his work with Jackson out here) would correct that issue.

Forget his 170lbs. He is much stronger than one would think.

What an absolutely horrible pick. With Jackson on the board, and his ability, you draft someone for his size, when he obviously gives up on catches he has the ability to make?

Sickening...

Yeah, sickening pick. All he did was catch 36 TD passes the last 3 years in a major conference.

Obviously a terrible player.

All I want him to do is stand in the endzone on 3rd and Goal and catch a loft pass for a TD.

JUst wanna know ... who has been the Bills' tallest WR in the last 20 years?

I think, actually that it was James Lofton. If not, it was Eric Moulds at 6'1" 217. I think Lofton was like 6'2". I might be wrong about Lofton, but if not, it's moulds.