Was Syria building a nuke weapon plant?

is this hard evidence or more WMDs?

A videotape taken inside a secret Syrian facility last summer convinced both the Israeli government and the Bush administration that it was modeled after a North Korean reactor that produced plutonium for nuclear weapons, according to senior U.S. officials who said it would be shared with lawmakers tomorrow.

but there will also be testimony that there was no uranium or weapons facility found, and no indication as to how they would have dealt with the fuel system.

David Albright, president of Institute for Science and International Security and a former U.N. weapons inspector, said the absence of such evidence warrants skepticism that the reactor was part of an active weapons program. "The United States and Israel have not identified any Syrian plutonium separation facilities or nuclear weaponization facilities. The lack of any such facilities gives little confidence that the reactor is part of an active nuclear weapons program. The apparent lack of fuel, either imported or indigenously produced, also is curious and lowers confidence that Syria has a nuclear weapons program," Albright said.

ya, that's what this is about, the justification to bomb that facility

Screw 'justification.' National security is self-help.

Syria was up to something and their silence on this topic speaks volumes.

Wait 10 years for the UN to issue a finger-wag while there's a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv or DC.

PPP in 5... 4... 3...

Exactly...You'll never hear about the good things we do. Screw it...better to bomb a suspected nuclear weapons facility than be bombed by one. I don't think the tree huggers will ever figure that one out until it's too late. <_<

No terrorist attacks in the U.S. since 9/11? <_<

So should laud them for doing their job? J/K <_< (see Ray Lewis)

I worked for the NSA a few years ago when I was in the army. There are many successes you will never hear of and it's better off that way. God forbid Americans wake up out of this perfect dream they call reality.

So should laud them for doing their job? J/K <_< (see Ray Lewis)

I worked for the NSA a few years ago when I was in the army. There are many successes you will never hear of and it's better off that way. God forbid Americans wake up out of this perfect dream they call reality.

Heh, not quite.

Laud for being an acceptable member of society vs. laud for doing a job that protects the country.

I don't think it's quite the same thing.

Israel must think so, they bombed the sh*t out of it a couple months ago.

This is not the first time they have done so. They did the same thing in 81 in Iraq. The nations that have nukes have shown that they have the sense that these are weapons of last resource Israel included. There are many nations in the Mideast that would view them as a first resource tool were they to have them.