I would take Phillip Merling in the 1st round over Harvey

PIZ

Trade down from 11 and get the real difference maker at DE, Phillip Merling. Then you could trade back into the 1st or move up in the 2nd and get your WR. I am actually partial to Jordy Nelson. By doing it this way, you could still get a CB in the 3rd and a TE or OG in the 4th.

Phillip Merling

Whats your reasoning on Merling? Just curious

The guy is big and just a beast. I think he is the most NFL ready DE in the draft. He works hard and attacks the ball. He is not a finesse guy. He is the perfect compliment to Stroud and Johnson.

Man this is a really good year for DE's I'm realizing. Gholston, Ellis, Long, Cambell.. all of them I think will make really good pro DE's.

Not to mention many around here talk highly of Harvey, and now Merling. It's a DE kind of year. Our first pick should be DE, just because the talent out there is amazing.

Man this is a really good year for DE's I'm realizing. Gholston, Ellis, Long, Cambell.. all of them I think will make really good pro DE's.

Not to mention many around here talk highly of Harvey, and now Merling. It's a DE kind of year. Our first pick should be DE, just because the talent out there is amazing.

I agree, rtconner. Adding any of these DE would be welcomed in my book. As mentioned above, if the ability to move down is there we could snag a Campbell or a Merling while adding to our coffer of picks.

Lots of flexability here, IMO.

Merling has 10 sacks in 3 years playing against COLLEGE COMPETITION.

You want to him to replace Kelsay who has 10.5 sacks in the past 3 years against NFL COMPETION. And those 10.5 sacks came with Tripplet, K. Williams, and Tim friggin Anderson playing DT.

Anyone else see a problem with using the #11 pick for Merling in the draft when we A LOT of other needs?

Merling has 10 sacks in 3 years playing against COLLEGE COMPETITION.

You want to him to replace Kelsay who has 10.5 sacks in the past 3 years against NFL COMPETION. And those 10.5 sacks came with Tripplet, K. Williams, and Tim friggin Anderson playing DT.

Anyone else see a problem with using the #11 pick for Merling in the draft when we A LOT of other needs?

I have to say that puts things in perspective

Although I would prefer Harvey, I would love Buffalo to finish what they started in free agency and fix the Defensive front seven. I think that as much as we need a WR the offense will be a bit better this year with the QB position having one guy instead of rotating QB's( lets hope), another year of the O-line jelling together, Lynch continuing to improve(and FJ spelling him), and better play calling. The Front seven last year was so pathetic. I love how last year the fixed the O-line, if this year we fix the defensive front I will feel that finally the foundation is set for a playoff run. I agree that we need more weapons for TE but my personal opinion is that we could get further with a better pash rush and run stuffing then we can with a wideout catching 35-40 balls. Our redzone inefficiency had alot to do to our lack of pounding the ball inside of the opponents seven yard line. I dont know if it was the offensive guru that was faichid trying to get to fancy or what. The offense as it is now wont be a top ten but it is reasonable to think it could be top twenty. With a passrusher and even just a good nickleback our defense could be special. Take it for what it is worth, just my humble opinion.